IGNORED

Would You Rather…?

iacas

1 hour ago, billchao said:

What I do on my deathbed is irrelevant. The point is there are many more worthwhile things I could do with $1,000 than to have one sub-70 round of golf.

This is the Pebble Beach discussion all over again.

Yes it is.  A sort of "memories" vs. "money" kind of thing.

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

Would you rather shoot a 67 the 1st day of Spring 2020 or win a $1000 lottery the same day while shooting a 95?

To quote The Steve Miller Band...

....Take the Money and Run, whoo, whoo!....

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

😃

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

To quote The Steve Miller Band...

....Take the Money and Run, whoo, whoo!....

Hey boys (and girls)... don't forget to pay your taxes on your lottery winnings come April 15.  😃

Edited by Double Mocha Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

Would you rather shoot a 67 the 1st day of Spring 2020 or win a $1000 lottery the same day while shooting a 95?

I'll take the 67.   It would be a "very" personal best.    

The $1k would put tires on my car but they would need replacing after several years. I'd remember the 67 for the rest of my life.   Life is all about experiences. 

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

24 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Yes it is.  A sort of "memories" vs. "money" kind of thing.

No, it's not. It's a very specific memory vs money I didn't have before.

With $1,000 I could play a few destination courses near me I wouldn't normally consider playing. I could treat three of my fellow Sandtrappers to a round of golf at a nicer area course. I could take my kids out to watch a Broadway show. These are all memories that I'd much rather have than a single round of 67 carded before the handicap season even begins.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

No, it's not. It's a very specific memory vs money I didn't have before.

With $1,000 I could play a few destination courses near me I wouldn't normally consider playing. I could treat three of my fellow Sandtrappers to a round of golf at a nicer area course. I could take my kids out to watch a Broadway show. These are all memories that I'd much rather have than a single round of 67 carded before the handicap season even begins.

Fair enough.  It is about creating memories.  For you Bill they'd forestall the 67 until the first day New Jersey handicaps are back in effect.  It'll look good on your GHIN Handicap Lookup page.  Betting I'm not one of the Sandtrappers you'd invite to a round of golf.  😊

14 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Betting I'm not one of the Sandtrappers you'd invite to a round of golf.  😊

I'm still waiting for you to make good on that Pebble Beach offer 😉

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

At this point in my life, shooting the 67. No contest there. Even using my hndcp, a 67 is still pretty much out of reach for me. 

I can always get $1000.00 and shoot a 95 anytime. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

17 minutes ago, Patch said:

I can always get $1000.00 and shoot a 95 anytime. 

See, that's the part I was trying to figure. How can I get paid $1000 for shooting a 95? Do share. Not the lottery trick though. I would like to see if I can make it to Pebble on the first day of spring armed with this trick... 😁 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

3 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

See, that's the part I was trying to figure. How can I get paid $1000 for shooting a 95? Do share. Not the lottery trick though. I would like to see if I can make it to Pebble on the first day of spring armed with this trick... 😁 

March 19, the first day of Spring, is also the first day of the Valspar Championship.  If you could wrangle an invite you could possibly be the leader in the clubhouse after day 1.

I have never shot in the "60's" and a 67 would allow me to shoot my age.  I am going with the 67.  Now, if I were quite a bit younger, I might take the money and figure (perhaps foolishly) that I would shoot 67 at some point in the future.

Of course, if this were the "Twilight Zone", I would shoot 67 on a par 60 executive course.:facepalm

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

9 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

March 19, the first day of Spring, is also the first day of the Valspar Championship.  If you could wrangle an invite you could possibly be the leader in the clubhouse after day 1.

Welp.. you sound like them's all know you on first name basis over there. Please put in a good word if you would. Who knows.. Stranger Things have happened ya know.. 

As a side if 95 makes me the leader in the clubhouse on any day, let alone 1.. I must have been figuring this whole golf thing wrong all along.. ha  

Vishal S.

7 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Welp.. you sound like them's all know you on first name basis over there. Please put in a good word if you would. Who knows.. Stranger Things have happened ya know.. 

As a side if 95 makes me the leader in the clubhouse on any day, let alone 1.. I must have been figuring this whole golf thing wrong all along.. ha  

Was just checking last year's first round scores.  Your 67 would have you tied for the 2nd lowest score of the day, behind a 66.

7 minutes ago, weberd27 said:

I would take the $1000.  That's a lot of Rioja my friends.

Rioja IS your friend.  You just gave me a happy hour idea.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

5 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Would You Rather…? #11

Easy answer is shoot the 67, - oh wait, before that is my final answer is that for 18, or do I have to play the back nine still to finish my day?

• Like 1

Players play, tough players win!

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Easy answer is shoot the 67, - oh wait, before that is my final answer is that for 18, or do I have to play the back nine still to finish my day?

Haha... it's a 67 on a course with a course rating of 72 or more.  And you can even wear the outfit in your icon photo... that would make your score that much more impressive.