Jump to content
altos

Epic Flash - Hitting a Baked Potato

24 posts / 1706 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I tried out an Epic Flash driver.   Most of the drivers I have hit, including my Callaway GBB, have a bit of a "click" to the sound.   This Epic Flash sounded like I was hitting a baked potato.  Just a flat "splat".  Ball flew ok, good control, only average distance.  Do all Epics sound like this?   Thanks !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, it’s more of a muted sound like the Taylormade M5 and M6.  Not a metallic sound like you are describing.  It almost “feels” softer or more solid because of the sound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure about in the difference between the driver and fairways, but I recently got a fairway wood, and it feels and sounds good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, altos said:

I tried out an Epic Flash driver.   Most of the drivers I have hit, including my Callaway GBB, have a bit of a "click" to the sound.   This Epic Flash sounded like I was hitting a baked potato.  Just a flat "splat".  Ball flew ok, good control, only average distance.  Do all Epics sound like this?   Thanks !!!

It's the carbon sound/feel.  I personally like that feeling; never really liked the "tingy" sound/feel.  I actually preferred the feel of the Rogue as I found it gave more feedback, but I'm gaming the Epic Flash.  It's pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 1/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, altos said:

I tried out an Epic Flash driver.   Most of the drivers I have hit, including my Callaway GBB, have a bit of a "click" to the sound.   This Epic Flash sounded like I was hitting a baked potato.  Just a flat "splat".  Ball flew ok, good control, only average distance.  Do all Epics sound like this?   Thanks !!!

Not sure about your baked potatoes, but I overcook mine and get a nice "click".  Unless I accessorize it with too much sour cream.

Just bought an Epic Flash... got a good deal at Callaway Pre-Owned.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to see a video of a guy hitting a baked potato with his Epic Flash. Count me as being disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Empirical evidence has yielded predictable results.  Cantaloupes are too highly dependent on ripeness plus the seeds get everywhere.  Tomatoes just don't work, messy.  Potatoes.... after 7 minutes in the microwave, very good to eat but still sound like cr@p.  

Regardless, the sound is still... fluffy, no click.  I bought it from Callaway so I have to assume it's "real" vs counterfeit.   Argh....  still sounds "weak".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, altos said:

Empirical evidence has yielded predictable results.  Cantaloupes are too highly dependent on ripeness plus the seeds get everywhere.  Tomatoes just don't work, messy.  Potatoes.... after 7 minutes in the microwave, very good to eat but still sound like cr@p.  

Regardless, the sound is still... fluffy, no click.  I bought it from Callaway so I have to assume it's "real" vs counterfeit.   Argh....  still sounds "weak".

What ball do you play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/5/2020 at 5:03 PM, Sean_D said:

I wanted to see a video of a guy hitting a baked potato with his Epic Flash. Count me as being disappointed.

Same here, that is what drew me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/5/2020 at 5:03 PM, Sean_D said:

I wanted to see a video of a guy hitting a baked potato with his Epic Flash. Count me as being disappointed.

I know, right?  I even turned my speakers up full blast to get the full effect.

I give this thread one out of five stars. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, bwdial said:

I know, right?  I even turned my speakers up full blast to get the full effect.

I give this thread one out of five stars. 😁

My Epic Flash arrives today via UPS. Don't make me do a video...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

My Epic Flash arrives today via UPS. Don't make me do a video...

Please do. That would be epic!  :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, klineka said:

Please do. That would be epic!  :-P

Wondering if Emeril Lagasse could provide me with the correct video angles for smacking a baked potato?  And what effect sour cream, butter, green onions, cheese and bacon bits would have on the sound?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a baked potato for dinner last night.

All I could think about was hitting the damn thing with a golf club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, klineka said:

Please do. That would be epic!  :-P

This will give new meaning to angle of attack (AoA) and Potato Speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...