IGNORED

Idiots on the Course

dagolfer18
Note: This thread is 1518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Sorry, but you're wrong. 

We’ve established that above, with far more convincing evidence than “you’re wrong”.

You might have noticed if you actually read posts before you typed once in a while 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, billchao said:

We’ve established that above, with far more convincing evidence than “you’re wrong”.

You might have noticed if you actually read posts before you typed once in a while 😜

Just to come to Mr. Chao's defense, he did admit he had an epiphany based on the MSU research.  But, then again, that might have been flawed research.  Truth is fleeting.  

Edited by Double Mocha Man

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Just to come to Mr. Chao's defense, he did admit he had an epiphany based on the MSU research.  But, then again, that might have been flawed research.

You didn’t link an actual study. Maybe you just made that whole thing up? I don’t know, it sounded convincing, so I bought it.

Still waiting to hear back from that Nigerian prince...

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

8 minutes ago, billchao said:

You didn’t link an actual study. Maybe you just made that whole thing up? I don’t know, it sounded convincing, so I bought it.

Still waiting to hear back from that Nigerian prince...

You're about to be a millionaire!  Take me to Pebble Beach again.  It seemed like a legit piece of research... it was a pdf.  If you'd like a reference to it I'll gladly supply it.  The only flaw I found was that they didn't put a golf bag of clubs (35 pounds-ish) on the push cart when they measured the PSI.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

35 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yes, which happened after I began responding to your post suggesting that I don't know what I do know! 

9 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

Idiot#1: 

Idiot#2: 

Idiot#3: he proceeded to give me a bear hug. That’s when I found out a couple of ribs were off alignment. I was out for 10 days because of this. Boy was I pissed! I think this might be more an a$$hole than an idiot. 

Idiot#4:  and one of them said “I called but you didn’t answer”. I was like “Huh?” It turned out the guy who gave me the balls had his number slipped into the box and the guys infront thought I did that. I don’t know who the idiot is in this case...

Flying:

Seems like there are a lot of idiots in New Mexico.

Idiot #3.....so was a$$hole HAWT?...so somewhat offset your back pain?...lol.....let me guess...a$$hole was a fat slob...and it didn't help that he was smelly and sweaty.

Idiot #4....that's a funny story.....one of the Korean ladies we use to play golf with is very attractive and always dressed to the 9's....random guys on the course would ask her for her number...she also told me a random guy who was shopping handed her his business card at Costco and she also showed me a note that was left on her SUV's windshield from a guy.

Seems like you simply experienced some yellow fever from a bunch of Rice Kings at the course.😂

spacer.png

Edited by Mr22putt

1 hour ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I don't know where you play golf, but I've never seen a golf cart with "street" tires! 

This is my friend’s cart and my club is full of carts like this - it’s about who got the biggest tires!  I have a street legal golf cart, not sure what type of tire it has but there is  a “street” and “turf” mode and is quite powerful.

27D25C97-4273-478B-89E2-4ABCB2E7F970.jpeg

29 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

I have a street legal golf cart,

Do you pay an additional trail fee at your club to use your own cart?....do you also pay storage fees at the club for your cart or can you drive to the club in your cart?

5 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Do you pay an additional trail fee at your club to use your own cart?....do you also pay storage fees at the club for your cart or can you drive to the club in your cart?

Yes, additional $120 a month trail fee. No storage available so I drive my cart there. I am about 3 miles away.

2 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

Yes, additional $120 a month trail fee. No storage available so I drive my cart there. I am about 3 miles away.

That's quite far to drive a cart to a course...but it's just uncommon for us in Canada...I have never seen anyone driving a golf cart on a street here...but golf communities are far more common in the US.

I can't think of one 'golf community' here....nor can I name a course with trail fees here.

12 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

That's quite far to drive a cart to a course...but it's just uncommon for us in Canada...I have never seen anyone driving a golf cart on a street here...but golf communities are far more common in the US.

I can't think of one 'golf community' here....nor can I name a course with trail fees here.

Had we known we’d pick up golf, we’d likely purchase a home in the club community. Three miles is doable, not exactly safe to cross a major road but cart fees can add up very quickly when I play 4-5 times a week. 

I have only seen one other golf cart in my community and a handful of people driving to the club from surrounding neighborhoods.

On 1/19/2020 at 10:20 AM, jmanbooyaa said:

@cooke119 we can all agree that bad shots happen, but my god hang on before you casually pop into someone else’s fairway. You do not have the honors. 

Yes we can hit bad shots but I've had occasion where I've hit my drive and someone will walk out onto the fairway or while I'm in my back swing, I'm not looking down the fairway but at my ball. Last thing I want to do is hit someone but they don't even look. Some wait and actual wave you on with your drive, other don't. 

15 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

Had we known we’d pick up golf, we’d likely purchase a home in the club community. Three miles is doable, not exactly safe to cross a major road but cart fees can add up very quickly when I play 4-5 times a week. 

I have only seen one other golf cart in my community and a handful of people driving to the club from surrounding neighborhoods.

Do you prefer to ride because your courses are hilly and it's too hot in the summer?...do you walk at times?

Can your cart hold a charge that long for 18 holes plus the 6 miles to and from home?

38 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Do you prefer to ride because your courses are hilly and it's too hot in the summer?...do you walk at times?

Can your cart hold a charge that long for 18 holes plus the 6 miles to and from home?

I prefer riding because I am lazy! I used to walk the first 2 seasons and it is really not too bad but I have developed ankle issues that affected my skiing, so we decided I should ride. In the summer, I try to finish before 10am, it is not so much the heat but the sun. It really burns because we are in higher elevation.  I rarely play in the afternoon even with a cart.

As for my cart, it runs off 72V and has a 35-mile range at full charge. But because of the elevation change at the course and I have to drive uphill to go home, I usually only have about 30% charge left at the end of the day.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:47 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

From a Michigan State University study that I found:   

200 lb golfer heel of foot (walking) = 25 pounds 
persq. in. (psi) 
• 200 lb golfer ball of foot (walking) = 16.6 psi 
• 200 lb golfer full foot (standing) = 10 psi 
• 200 lb golfer both feet (standing) = 5 psi 
• hand pull golf cart (17 lb) 2" wide tires 
= 2.1 psi (two tires) 
• hand pull golf cart 3" wide tires = 1.4 psi 
(two tires) 
• hand pull golf cart 4" wide tires = 1.1 psi 
(two tires) 
• electric golf cart (empty, i.e. 950 lb) with four 
8" wide tires = 3.7 psi 
• electric golf cart with one person & gear 
(1,200 lb) = 4.7 psi 
• electric golf cart with two people & gear 
(1,450 lb) = 5.7 psi 
• Maintenance pickup truck (3,000 lb) = 25 psi

That is nice to know.  I always thought pulling a cart across the green would exert less pressure than simply walking with the golf bag.  Now I have that confirmation.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 10:02 PM, Mr22putt said:

See the source image

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

A couple of weeks ago, as I was getting ready to tee off on #14 which runs perpendicular to #18 (with that green next to the 14th tee box), I see a couple pushing a stroller, a grandma (I presumed) with a very small infant, perhaps 2-3 months old in the stroller, taking a leasury walk on the cart path behind #18 and heading towards the 18th tee, stopping and walking onto the middle of that fairway, taking pictures, selfies and whatnot, like it's a nice day at the park.... all while golfers are hitting their shots and coming straight at them!

I ran towards them and yelled to get off the course and that they are putting the baby in danger, that they don't understand golf at all, that it could kill them or the baby. They don't seem to understand and they speak no english at all. I finally call them crazy with the international sign of making a circle around one's temple and they look at me like I am the devil. I make more gestures and loud noises about them getting off the course, and finally they comply, and head back towards the club house on the cart path, where they came from.  And I call the pro-shop too to make them know and make sure they are leaving the course. These people had absolutely no clue, whatsoever, thinking a golf course is just like a park! SMH.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Note: This thread is 1518 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!