IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

(edited)

Edited by snapfade

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, snapfade said:

Golf does not need those idiots who throw things like that. Not on any tour.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

6 hours ago, theworldengine said:

I have seen across twitter today most of livs biggest aloggers admit they wrong and the product is great for viewers.

Huh?

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

• Administrator
7 hours ago, theworldengine said:

… the product is great for viewers.

Except… it's not.

Dude. Seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, theworldengine said:

I have seen across twitter today most of livs biggest aloggers admit they wrong and the product is great for viewers.

Greg?  Greg?  Greg, is that you?

• Funny 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

18 hours ago, theworldengine said:

FYI, Twitter will never be a good proxy for the real world. I follow way too much college football, and 90% of it is overdramatized BS to gain clicks and views. I would assume anything regarding LIV, is 90% BS. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Did LIV Golf pros cross an “etiquette” line last month at the Masters? Three-time major winner Padraig Harrington has a thought.

I do not mind cursing. I rather see some emotion on the course and honest reactions to bad shots or what not. I didn't catch it being a TON of cursing in this Masters. It was not noticeable. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 4/28/2024 at 10:11 AM, snapfade said:

You advertise LIV as "golf but louder"
You had DJ's pumping Jock Jams all over the place.
You have Bros who are really into golf and TFG shot gunning 26 oz bud lights, while double fisting a 19 oz coors.

What type of behavior do you expect?

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

LIV Golf's Talor Gooch was the butt of many jokes after Tiger Woods was handed a special invitation to play in...

Taylor Gooch continues to show what an assclown he really is. I wonder if Greg Norman thinks his attitude is representative of ‘growing the game’? 

• Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Yes, some people inexplicably dig harder when they realize they are in a hole.

Vishal S.

3 hours ago, Vinsk said:

LIV Golf's Talor Gooch was the butt of many jokes after Tiger Woods was handed a special invitation to play in...

Taylor Gooch continues to show what an assclown he really is. I wonder if Greg Norman thinks his attitude is representative of ‘growing the game’? 

Back in my Army days a "gooch" was a particular part of the anatomy. Example, say Okeechobee is the b-hole of Florida, then Belle Glade would be the gooch. Seems he wears his name well.

• Funny 1

He also said he was too stupid to understand the concept of sportswashing. 

He could’ve just said “I’m too stupid”, period.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman wants teams to follow Premier League clubs in having their own home games.

Here you go. Enjoy.

On 5/4/2024 at 8:20 AM, Vinsk said:

Gooch ended up getting the invite...

2 hours ago, elementz said:

Gooch ended up getting the invite...

He wont win. I'm just going to leave it alone, Come on, the guys name is Gooch. The jokes write themselves. Had to suck in high school.

• Funny 1

I can just see Norman rushing in to LIV admin building with his silly shark hat gleaming to the Saudis, ‘ Gentleman! Have I got a great idea! Let’s have our OWN golf courses…like American football and NBA Does! It’ll really grow the game!’

He rushes out as the Saudis give him their encouragement. As the door closes and before the smell of Greg’s Brut cologne has even dissipated, they all laugh hysterically.

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge