IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

Yesterday I heard Brandel chamblee talk about the league/Phil. He was wondering where the "super" league was going to be televised. Sounded like Golf Channel wants not part of this league. I'm thinking it will show up on either El Jazzar or maybe ESPN. 😃

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, Bucki1968 said:

Yesterday I heard Brandel chamblee talk about the league/Phil. He was wondering where the "super" league was going to be televised. Sounded like Golf Channel wants not part of this league. I'm thinking it will show up on either El Jazzar or maybe ESPN. 😃

A few years ago Fox Sports did some golf.  I think Greg Norman was an announcer. With limited fields, looser rules, and, presumably, free content, I could see Fox Sports picking up the domestic tournaments.  

Driver - Callaway Razr

3-wood - TM Stealth

7-wood - Titleist 

Irons - 5 through PW, Epon 503

Vokey Wedges

Putter - Odyssey TriHot 2

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I still don't see how Phil is helping all the players out there.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

Reading this now:

phil-1.png

As Phil steps away from the game, I answer all of your questions about his incendiary quotes and the story-behind-the-story

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be funny if the SGL tells Phil to take a hike and the PGA tour the same. Losses all his sponsors as well. 

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

He can quickly recoup that lost sponsorship money by winning three Saudi tournaments.

Do the SGL oversized checks have blood splatters on them?  

—Adam

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

KPMG dropped him

Supposedly Workday too.

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Supposedly Workday too.

Callaway is the really interesting one to see what they do.

—Adam

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Callaway is the really interesting one to see what they do.

They gave Phil a lifetime sponsorship, so like Nike with Tiger, they'll probably stand by.

An extremely greedy guy getting in way over his head and letting his mouth run ahead of his thinking. He’s not business savvy. He’s a hot headed greed monger who thought he could storm the golf world based on a frivolous popularity he gained on Twitter for some cheeky tweets. Golf doesn’t need Phil anymore. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

An extremely greedy guy getting in way over his head and letting his mouth run ahead of his thinking. He’s not business savvy. He’s a hot headed greed monger who thought he could storm the golf world based on a frivolous popularity he gained on Twitter for some cheeky tweets. Golf doesn’t need Phil anymore. 

Don’t hold back @Vinsk. Tell us what you really think of Phil The Greedmeister Mickelson.

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Im disappointed in Phil. Said absolutely nothing about where he wants to play, which says infinitely more. I’m happy to see sponsors dropping him. His true character is coming through and it’s a terrible look. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Phil has always struck me as a tool with all his phony smiles, cap tips, and thumbs up, and I've enjoyed watching his blow ups (hole #4 at The Masters, and #18 Winged Foot at the US Open are some of my faves). Part of me thought that it was just my personal bias of being a huge Tiger Woods fan that caused my dislike for Phil Mickelson. But I think my instinct was right, and Phil is just an obnoxiously greedy and stupid tool.

Honestly, as great a career as Phil had, and as entertaining as he can be sometimes, I hope this buries him (and any competing golf leagues too).

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1