IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

On 2/14/2023 at 6:06 PM, DeadMan said:

How dumb is James Hahn?

Holy shit. 

I wish I could read Shipnuck's mind as he starts smirking towards the end. 

Even 'His Excellency's must have trouble muffling a full throated laugh..

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How excellent would it be if 10 years from now human rights get better!?’

But until then, they’re signing paychecks and life is just grand! 😒

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

48 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

How excellent would it be if 10 years from now human rights get better!?’

But until then, they’re signing paychecks and life is just grand! 😒

Kinda like: "I just joined the Gestapo. I am thinking that I could change Adolf's mind in 10 years"?  Maybe not quite literally, but close enough. That guy is just completely clueless!  SMH.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

4 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

Kinda like: "I just joined the Gestapo. I am thinking that I could change Adolf's mind in 10 years"?  Maybe not quite literally, but close enough. That guy is just completely clueless!  SMH.

More like- "I just joined the Gestapo, for an obscene amount of money. But I don't share their values. While my beliefs are different, I am hoping to bring about change from within, with making no noticeable effort to bring about change.  I am thinking that If Adolf's mind changes in 10 years, it was due to my taking an obscene amount of money to dance with the devil"

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

BK is coming back to the Pga tour. Ha ha ah

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

7 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

There is no doubt, James, that would be pretty cool. 

I'm going out on a limb here, that doesn't "feel" very likely. 

Kind of like how Dennis Rodman was able to really help Kim Jong Un see the light...

Puppets often don’t feel the hand of the puppet master up their backside.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
al-rumayyan.jpg

A judge dealt LIV Golf a significant legal blow on Thursday night, ruling the PGA Tour could compel documents from Saudi PIF officials.

On Thursday night, a federal judge ruled that PGA Tour lawyers could depose the Saudi Public Investment Fund, including PIF governor Yasir Al-Rumayyan, for documents related to the fund and its involvement as LIV Golf’s principal financier. Al-Rumayyan and the PIF had sought protection from the Tour’s legal probes — which threaten to unearth information about the highly secretive fund — on the grounds of “sovereign immunity,” a premise rejected by judge Susan Van Keulen’s ruling.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:
al-rumayyan.jpg

A judge dealt LIV Golf a significant legal blow on Thursday night, ruling the...

On Thursday night, a federal judge ruled that PGA Tour lawyers could depose the Saudi Public Investment Fund, including PIF governor Yasir Al-Rumayyan, for documents related to the fund and its involvement as LIV Golf’s principal financier. Al-Rumayyan and the PIF had sought protection from the Tour’s legal probes — which threaten to unearth information about the highly secretive fund — on the grounds of “sovereign immunity,” a premise rejected by judge Susan Van Keulen’s ruling.

whooo hooo!

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I just rewatched the 2020(21) Ryder Cup. Hearing the Rory interview after his singles match with all that emotion sums up why the move to LiV is foolish. He says emphatically what a privilege it is to be a part of an American or European team. Great ambassador for the game and PGA tour. I will always route for a player like that to win(maybe not so much during the Cup). Team USA 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

As per Espn. Dustin Johnson will be ending his 15 year sponsorship with Adidas. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
USATSI_18988770.jpg?w=640

“We wish Dustin nothing but success moving forward.”

Adidas parts ways with DJ and Sergio.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Was watching Golf Central tonight, and saw a piece in which one newscaster was pushing another regarding the difference between LIV golf tour and the Saudi's involvement on the LPGA tour through Aramco. Seems like Aramco sponsors one tournaments and "elevates" others, increasing their purse.

The second newscaster was pointing out that it's different because LIV golf is almost completely owned and controlled by the Saudis, while they're only sponsoring/elevating some events on the LPGA tour.

This is a classic slippery slope, or course. If you're critically opposed to sportswashing, why is one acceptable and the other isn't? That said, I'm OK with solving slippery slopes with schelling fences, but the question is, where do you put it? Is it a controlling stake? Is it any involvement?

In other LIV news:

cam.jpg?w=640

Notable LIV golfers exempt include Cam Smith, Phil Mickelson, Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau and Brooks Koepka.

Edited by chspeed

• Administrator
1 hour ago, chspeed said:

This is a classic slippery slope, or course. If you're critically opposed to sportswashing, why is one acceptable and the other isn't? That said, I'm OK with solving slippery slopes with schelling fences, but the question is, where do you put it? Is it a controlling stake? Is it any involvement?

It is a little different, for not only the reasons pointed out, but the fact that they're elevating women's events, while one of their many human rights issues is poor treatment of women.

• Like 1

OJPZL5EAQQI63BZY5VZBPXRHOU_size-normaliz

Recent PGA Tour competitive drama exposes the folly of upstart rival tour before its new season opens.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

From the article above for those that don’t subscribe.

The airborne toxic event called LIV golf is slowly dissipating, and soon all that will be left is the mere faint scent of its portable toilets. The failures are piling up so fast that the PGA Tour may not even need lawyers to beat LIV. It’s going to beat itself with its own sour-smelling hustle, its jinks-on-the links-for-clinks gutter golf.

The news value of its debut last year, championed with patent unease by Phil Mickelson, has long faded. What’s left is just the militant fruitcakery of Greg Norman, whose emanations from his empty luminescent head never quite form into actual substance.

Golf, but louder,” is one of LIV’s slogans, but all that apparently refers to is Ian Poulter’s pants by Pixar. Poulter is at least a likable star, more audience-friendly than laconic burnout cases such as Brooks Koepka, or that aging inveterate scrounger Mickelson, who apparently would take checks from the slaughter of dolphins to get whole.

From the outset, LIV was a home for buttercup-bellied moral cowards clutching at cash from a murderous regime, but it quickly has evolved into a refuge for guys who have lost their taste for competition. Who cares who “wins” more money among such a scrabbling bunch? Only the torrent of blood-spattered Saudi coin made Norman’s follies viable in the first place, and now the best young guys are turning down the money. LIV’s incursion is failing, and eventually all that will be left is the unpleasant smell of its corruptions.

• Like 3

Scott

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

From the article above for those that don’t subscribe.

Thanks for posting since I couldn’t read it. Sounds about right - they can’t die off fast enough. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

If Liv players are allowed to accumulate points such as in the majors and actually automatically qualify for the Ryder Cup it will be a real shit show and no longer be about country and team. I do not like the PGA of Americas stance on this. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

C423MR2GFGE52EV6KA5YLPXPFU.jpg

It is the second setback in the last week for Saudi-funded LIV Golf, which has accused the PGA Tour of monopolistic actions.

A federal judge has ruled the PGA Tour can add Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund and its governor, Yasir al-Rumayyan, as defendants in its countersuit in the ongoing legal fight with LIV Golf.

The ruling Tuesday by US District Judge Beth Labson Freeman was the second setback in the last week for Saudi-funded LIV Golf, which has accused the PGA Tour of monopolistic actions as the rival league gets started.

So much winning!

Scott

My Swing Thread