IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

7 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Two more just sold their souls to the bonesaw exhibition. Sebastian Munoz Mito Pereira.

Good riddance. 

I can't pretend I watch every golf tournament. But I don't know who those guys are. 

• Thumbs Up 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Two more just sold their souls to the bonesaw exhibition. Sebastian Munoz Mito Pereira.

Good riddance. 

Imagine going NOW of all times. The league looks closer to collapse than it does to wide success.

• Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

50 minutes ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Good riddance. 

Who?? No loss

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Good riddance. 

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Imagine going NOW of all times. The league looks closer to collapse than it does to wide success.

Get the money while the getting's good?

Or, Make hay while the sun shines?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Like hoping aboard the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.
Maybe they think there is enough room on Rose's door!

• Funny 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Like hoping aboard the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.
Maybe they think there is enough room on Rose's door!

We'll see. I don't think it's definitely going to fail, but I don't think it's definitely going to succeed, either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Wondering what would happen if, surprisingly, LIV folds.  What would be the status of the players?  Welcomed back into the arms of the PGA Tour or shunned.  A waiting period?

18 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Wondering what would happen if, surprisingly, LIV folds.  What would be the status of the players?  Welcomed back into the arms of the PGA Tour or shunned.  A waiting period?

I’ve wondered about that. If it’s been a long enough break for those players from Tour, would they need to re-qualify for the Tour?  I’m sure there has been discussion amongst the powers that be.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I imagine they might have to wait a year or more. Particularly those who sued.

Maybe someone like DJ, you let him come back much sooner than someone like PReed or Poulter.

DJ just kinda went. Didn't bad-mouth the Tour.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

For a price, say a cool $40,000,000 each.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I’ve wondered about that. If it’s been a long enough break for those players from Tour, would they need to re-qualify for the Tour?  I’m sure there has been discussion amongst the powers that be.

Some of them resigned their membership, so they might have to requalify possibly. Phil resigned his but he's lifetime exempt on the PGA Tour, so it might just be filling out an application for him. I don't know exactly how the rules work, but there might be some sort of requalification process.

I'd bet that the PGA Tour will make any LIV player that wants to come back serve a suspension. If LIV folds, I don't think they'd be able to ban someone permanently under US antitrust law, but I'd imagine a year suspension would be fine. 

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

4 hours ago, iacas said:

We'll see. I don't think it's definitely going to fail, but I don't think it's definitely going to succeed, either.

That depends on what they would call success. They’ve been slowly buying their way into top level sports for many years now, and I doubt they do it for the money.

If LIV just keeps existing as a way for a selection of players to make bucketloads, who knows what the situation looks like some years down the line.

The amount of money involved at the highest levels of football, FIFA and all that, the sport comes second. As long as the money keeps coming, people will go there.

I can particularly see how young up-and-coming players are enticed. Secure themselves financially for life (if they don’t squander it) in the twenties, and they don’t have a long-standing reputation on the PGA Tour or in the world of golf to throw away.

From a golf fan’s perspective or commercial perspective, LIV doesn’t look too good, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they got smart enough people involved that knew all this was coming and potentially got long-term plans ready. Perhaps not Norman or those making the headlines, but people behind the scenes. With the amount of money they can put on the table, they can surely get hold of some very knowledgable people. And considering how much they already have invested and are willing to invest, throwing in the towel at this point would strike me as strange. For all we know, they could already be considering LIV a success.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Zeph said:

That depends on what they would call success. They’ve been slowly buying their way into top level sports for many years now, and I doubt they do it for the money.

If LIV just keeps existing as a way for a selection of players to make bucketloads, who knows what the situation looks like some years down the line.

The amount of money involved at the highest levels of football, FIFA and all that, the sport comes second. As long as the money keeps coming, people will go there.

I can particularly see how young up-and-coming players are enticed. Secure themselves financially for life (if they don’t squander it) in the twenties, and they don’t have a long-standing reputation on the PGA Tour or in the world of golf to throw away.

From a golf fan’s perspective or commercial perspective, LIV doesn’t look too good, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they got smart enough people involved that knew all this was coming and potentially got long-term plans ready. Perhaps not Norman or those making the headlines, but people behind the scenes. With the amount of money they can put on the table, they can surely get hold of some very knowledgable people. And considering how much they already have invested and are willing to invest, throwing in the towel at this point would strike me as strange. For all we know, they could already be considering LIV a success.

This isn’t soccer. Soccer has revenue. They bought an established team.

LIV made no real revenue. Norman thinks they’re going to sell a lot of merchandise.

All the people leaving signal that they don’t see it as a success currently.

• Thumbs Up 1

How dumb is James Hahn?

Holy shit. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

How dumb is James Hahn?

Uhhhhhh…

On 2/14/2023 at 6:06 PM, DeadMan said:

How dumb is James Hahn?

Holy shit. 

There is no doubt, James, that would be pretty cool. 

I'm going out on a limb here, that doesn't "feel" very likely. 

Kind of like how Dennis Rodman was able to really help Kim Jong Un see the light...

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 2/10/2023 at 8:53 AM, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

Good riddance. 

Who DAT?

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only