IGNORED

What Are You Doing Now (Quarantine Edition)?

Piz
Note: This thread is 1508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 hours ago, David in FL said:

Mandated.

I bet that not many on this forum have maintained a 6 foot distance separation from all people all day.  Nor will they.

Once we acknowledge what, of all this, is silliness, we’ll be a step closer to actually getting people to follow guidelines that are realistically achievable.

I have. My company has set up so we can. Frankly, I am disappointed in your attitude David. It's like you're doing the Tide Pod Challenge but instead cavalierly disregarding other's safety. It may not affect you at all, but others could die. Please reconsider. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I have. My company has set up so we can. Frankly, I am disappointed in your attitude David. It's like you're doing the Tide Pod Challenge but instead cavalierly disregarding other's safety. It may not affect you at all, but others could die. Please reconsider. 

6’ from everyone? All day?  Every day?  

Then you must be the one hoarding all the toilet paper!  :-D

99% of people don’t have a job that allows such a thing.  Sorry, but It’s this type of mass hysteria that is going to ultimately cause far greater economic and personal destruction than the virus ever will.  

Ok.  I’m off for my daily rounds to look for TP.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

99% of people don’t have a job that allows such a thing.  Sorry, but It’s this type of mass hysteria that is going to ultimately cause far greater economic and personal destruction than the virus ever will.  

Ok.  I’m off for my daily rounds to look for TP.  

This again? Large amounts of the office workforce has gone to WFH because their companies care about their health. 

Personal destruction? Wanna ask the seven thousand plus dead people about how being careful is personally destructive?

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

9 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

This again? Large amounts of the office workforce has gone to WFH because their companies care about their health. 

Personal destruction? Wanna ask the seven thousand plus dead people about how being careful is personally destructive?

7,000?  Good grief.  100 in the U.S.  The flu kills in the neighborhood of 20,000 EVERY YEAR in the U.S.

Millions....I’ll say it again, MILLIONS, are going to be seriously hurt, many irreparably because of this. 

I know, I know....  if we save even one life, it’s worth it.  :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

13 hours ago, David in FL said:

Put me in the “following all cdc and state mandated guideline, supporting a local, small business that I hope survives while many will not” group.  😁

Fortunately, it's not for you to decide what is safe or the right thing to do for our communities.

Local and state governments are trying to control spread by issuing mandates and recommendations. If that doesn't work - because of people like you and your friends - rules will be enforced with local police and military forces in the streets.

The best statistical model we have projects 2.2 million deaths in the US from the virus if we do nothing. That doesn't include an increase in mortality from an overwhelmed health system, just deaths from the virus.

Source: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

I hope @David in FL is right, but I feel like we should trust the experts here.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

4 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I also hope I'll find a billion dollars in the street. He's not right - we already know that.

22 minutes ago, David in FL said:

7,000?  Good grief.  100 in the U.S.  The flu kills in the neighborhood of 20,000 EVERY YEAR in the U.S.

Millions....I’ll say it again, MILLIONS, are going to be seriously hurt, many irreparably because of this. 

Ok, so if you were one of the 100 in the US that had died, you would be ok with it because the economy is not is not as bad as it would be in a quarantined state? What if 50 percent of your elderly loved ones die? Is 20 percent acceptable?

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    

49 minutes ago, David in FL said:

The annual flu deaths are essentially a given. We have done everything we can, including vaccines to control the flu. Right now there's nothing else we can do. But the coronavirus could get wildly out of hand and make the flu look like child's play.  We are where Italy was a few weeks ago in terms of controlling this.

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

So far the mortality rate for COVID-19 appears to be significantly higher than that of the flu. But it’s not about the death rate, it’s the fact that 20% of the people who contract this disease require intensive care for treatment. We lack the resources necessary to treat people if this thing becomes widespread, which is inevitable if people keep going about their lives as normal.

This isn’t about mass media hysteria. It’s pure mathematics and logic. The less people you are in physical contact with on a daily basis, the less chance you can contract this disease and spread it to other people.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

So far the mortality rate for COVID-19 appears to be significantly higher than that of the flu. But it’s not about the death rate, it’s the fact that 20% of the people who contract this disease require intensive care for treatment. We lack the resources necessary to treat people if this thing becomes widespread, which is inevitable if people keep going about their lives as normal.

This isn’t about mass media hysteria. It’s pure mathematics and logic. The less people you are in physical contact with on a daily basis, the less chance you can contract this disease and spread it to other people.

Good points, all of them.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, David in FL said:

So stupid.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

Then you must be the one hoarding all the toilet paper!

My company makes the toilet paper and cleaning products, etc.. That is why we are following the protocols. I was going to put in a good word for you, but have fun wiping your behind with your scorecard. :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

My company makes the toilet paper and cleaning products, etc.. That is why we are following the protocols. I was going to put in a good word for you, but have fun wiping your behind with your scorecard. :-P

Giving a new meaning to sh*t hitting the fan. 

Being in the world of IT is not very fun right now. I am working feverishly to enable people to work from home and implementing a one call system that was shot down in the past. I guess they think it is a good idea now. 🤦‍♂️

- Shane

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

The best statistical model we have projects 2.2 million deaths in the US from the virus if we do nothing. That doesn't include an increase in mortality from an overwhelmed health system, just deaths from the virus.

Source: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

Piggybacking off this, here is a summary of the report, just read the thread. Exactly why they are taking such extreme measures.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

I am pretty well on the progressive end of the spectrum, maybe even a bleeding heart in the eyes of some.  But when I asked my wife how much financial damage is worth saving lives,  it did not go over well.   It was an open question, with no hint of an opinion from me.  She nearly raged at me for even bringing it up.  Very scary times.  Hard to know what the least bad path is.

BTW, my company is one of private education.  I have been put in charge of producing  our curriculum digitally.  I am having to learn how to write scripts, storyboards, act a bit (shutter), direct our instructors, and soon edit our hundreds of videos.

I have no experience in any of this.  First videos due Monday,  so no free time.  My poor kids are going stir crazy with limited supervision.

3 hours ago, David in FL said:

It is something you have to try to maintain. And you might have to do it for a few months. It's been about three days and people like yourself can't cope with reality because you find it inconvenient. Of course it isn't always possible. Every one of those people in that pool room is  an irresponsible  moron.

Note: This thread is 1508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!