IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 hour ago, chspeed said:

I'm guessing that the rates will be correlated with what the parents did, but much, much lower, especially in the 5-11 age range.

I think this is likely correct. Anecdotally, I know parents of kids in that range who got the shots themselves right away who are more hesitant for their kids. Personally, we're going to get the shot right away for our 5 year old, assuming the FDA and CDC review goes the way it appears it will. It looks like any risks from the shots are pretty minimal and are outweighed by the risk that my kid has to be away from school for 2+ weeks if he has some sort of exposure. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, DeadMan said:

It looks like any risks from the shots are pretty minimal and are outweighed by the risk that my kid has to be away from school for 2+ weeks if he has some sort of exposure.

This was the line of thinking a lot of folks used to decide get their older kids the shot....so they didn't have to miss school, high school sports, etc. if exposed.  Not because of the risks from actually getting covid.  Generally speaking, not as big of a deal for younger kids to miss school and sports aren't as important at that age.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

On 10/25/2021 at 7:11 AM, colin007 said:

Prolly cos "sickness/illness is "la maladie" and feminine, just like Spanish with "la enfermedad"

TIL. Makes sense!

My mom got Moderna'd, and it was relatively quick although if we arrived 2 minutes later, would have had to wait 20 minutes more. So she's Pfizer-Pfizer-Moderna. I will be doing the same next week. First thing I did was make hard and soft copies of updated card. I opted for the state to receive data from CVS so I assume the NYS passport will be updated as well.

I originally scheduled for Pfizer boosters, but since it was so easy to do Moderna, I was like why not. I really don't have the technical background to make a very informed decision but big picture wise, guessing it's not a huge huge difference  between Pfizer-Pfizer-Pfizer and P-P-M as the human body is a complicated piece of machinery.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Interesting scenario yesterday.  Picked up a golfing buddy yesterday in downtown Bellingham to drive him home.  He had been to the Robert Trent Jones course in Alabama and also played golf in Tennessee.  Both states with high rates of Covid 19 infections.  He said nobody was wearing a mask.

Long story short.  He flew home on a plane, rode up here from Seattle on a shuttle bus.  I drove him home, all of 5 minutes, but then we sat in my car, windows closed, with him sharing photos and videos of his trip for 15 minutes.

I thought about that big mistake later yesterday.  Called today to schedule a Covid 19 test on Tuesday.  Word to the wise:  Don't let your guard down, like I did.

P.S.  He's vaccinated with one dose of J&J 6 months out and I have two doses of Pfizer, 6 months out.  I have too much golf to play to get infected with covid... no time for it.

8 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Interesting scenario yesterday.  Picked up a golfing buddy yesterday in downtown Bellingham to drive him home.  He had been to the Robert Trent Jones course in Alabama and also played golf in Tennessee.  Both states with high rates of Covid 19 infections.  He said nobody was wearing a mask.

Long story short.  He flew home on a plane, rode up here from Seattle on a shuttle bus.  I drove him home, all of 5 minutes, but then we sat in my car, windows closed, with him sharing photos and videos of his trip for 15 minutes.

I thought about that big mistake later yesterday.  Called today to schedule a Covid 19 test on Tuesday.  Word to the wise:  Don't let your guard down, like I did.

P.S.  He's vaccinated with one dose of J&J 6 months out and I have two doses of Pfizer, 6 months out.  I have too much golf to play to get infected with covid... no time for it.

The home test kit would probably suffice for you. $24 for two tests.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

23 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Were you masked in the car? If you had a good mask while driving should be ok. 

I noticed a sign in CVS advertising the home kits for that exact price. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Stupidity reigned.  We were not wearing masks.  In the back of my feeble mind was that we were both vaccinated and that we play a lot of golf together.

$23.99 for the kits here in low overhead Bellingham!

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Well, you’re both vax’d and doesn’t that technically adhere to CDC guidelines or what Fauci said? It’s great you’re being cautious though. 

Anyone know if it also takes 2 weeks for the booster to take effect?

Steve

Just now, nevets88 said:

Well, you’re both vax’d and doesn’t that technically adhere to CDC guidelines or what Fauci said? It’s great you’re being cautious though. 

Anyone know if it also takes 2 weeks for the booster to take effect?

Yes, 2 weeks.  Just like the original shots.  Though you still have a certain level of immunity.

Passport, sure happy I haven't lost anything in NY.

Driver - Ping 410+ 12°, Fairway -TM Burner 5W, Hybrid - 3&4 TM Rescue dual, Irons -  Mizuno MX200 5-G, SW - Callaway X Tour, Putter - Odyssey 1W Versa

I am getting a partial knee replacement tomorrow oh, yikes! 😲 I had to get a PCR covid test yesterday(was negative) and they are asking me to bring in my covid vaccination card as well. I really didn't care to go into an urgent care center to get the covid test, as I got a bit paranoid with my surgery looming. Good news is, I am supposed to be walking on my new knee tomorrow right after surgery.

1 hour ago, WilliamB said:

I am getting a partial knee replacement tomorrow oh, yikes! 😲 I had to get a PCR covid test yesterday(was negative) and they are asking me to bring in my covid vaccination card as well. I really didn't care to go into an urgent care center to get the covid test, as I got a bit paranoid with my surgery looming. Good news is, I am supposed to be walking on my new knee tomorrow right after surgery.

... and how soon will you be on the golf course... priorities matter, you know.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Doesn't the JJ vaccine drop to 3% effectiveness after 6 months?

What? No.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fjnj-brightspot.s3.amaz

Additional data show a booster increases protection 94 percent protection in the U.S. with booster given at two monthsFour-fold increase in antibodies when given at two months 12-fold increase in antibodies...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets