IGNORED

Where Are You Going to Eat After COVID-19?

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 1343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my state the Governor says we can once again move about on May 5th (though I doubt it).  That day is Cinco de Mayo so I'll head down to Keenan's at the Pier and have a honkin' big margarita and two blackened fish tacos to celebrate!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In my state the Governor says we can once again move about on May 5th (though I doubt it).  That day is Cinco de Mayo so I'll head down to Keenan's at the Pier and have a honkin' big margarita and two blackened fish tacos to celebrate!

three GIF

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I'm always dying waiting for the local Mexican restaurant to reopen.  

My favorite also.
I'll just be glad when our club is open, I feel like I'm heading to work to play golf packing a lunch and drinks...

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I just told my wife today that I'm really craving the spicy miso at our regular ramen spot. She's not a fan of ramen in general but a bowl of it and an icy Saporro is my idea of heaven. I'll be there the first day I can go and sit in the place.

IMG_4731.jpeg

Edited by commishbob

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

23 hours ago, bwdial said:

Would that be Nick's in the Sticks?

Ha!  Nice post.  So, I know my response here is total sacrilege, but in this case I'm actually referring to 43 Prime up near TCHS.  Not sure if you've been there.  They "borrowed" a heck of a lot of the ideas from Nick's (don't know much about the management or any links between them), right down to their "33 degrees" drink mimicking the Nicodemus.  But they have more room, it's closer to us, and it's waaaaay easier to get in--hardly ever a wait, even on weekends--so we usually just go there instead.  We do still get over to Nick's at least once a year, though.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

20 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Im thinking start at Boundary Bay with steamers and bbq pork, then a liter at Chuckanut, and finish at Mckays. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

50 minutes ago, BamaWade said:

Ha!  Nice post.  So, I know my response here is total sacrilege, but in this case I'm actually referring to 43 Prime up near TCHS.  Not sure if you've been there.  They "borrowed" a heck of a lot of the ideas from Nick's (don't know much about the management or any links between them), right down to their "33 degrees" drink mimicking the Nicodemus.  But they have more room, it's closer to us, and it's waaaaay easier to get in--hardly ever a wait, even on weekends--so we usually just go there instead.  We do still get over to Nick's at least once a year, though.

No judgment... I've never actually EATEN at Nick's because it was always too crowded. 

I was at Alabama from 1989 - 1995ish, and my daughter just graduated last May.  I wish I would have known about this place for those times that we were searching for a place to eat when we were visiting.  I'll have to keep it in mind when my current crop of young'uns go to school.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

The wife and I will drop the kids off at the grandparents and head to one of out favorite places in town. Tricias. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Local:  sushi.  That's a food I pretty much won't take to go anyway, and I enjoy the experience of eating at the sushi bar.  But if this goes on long enough, I might have to get sushi to go!  I haven't had sushi in a while.

Not local:  I see folks talking about going up to L.A. for sandwiches.  I owe a friend a trip to Langer's, assuming they're still around after this crisis.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

6 hours ago, Shindig said:

Local:  sushi.  That's a food I pretty much won't take to go anyway, and I enjoy the experience of eating at the sushi bar.  But if this goes on long enough, I might have to get sushi to go!  I haven't had sushi in a while.

Not local:  I see folks talking about going up to L.A. for sandwiches.  I owe a friend a trip to Langer's, assuming they're still around after this crisis.  

Definitely! Nothing like fresh sushi! That’s pretty high on my list too. 

- Shane

Another one for me is our local breakfast spot. Used to go every Saturday morning. Definitely missing that routine. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Tony Jacal's, of course.  Favorite San Diego county Mexican restaurant.  Right nextdoor to Fidels which is also a favorite San Diego Mexican restauratn, but I like Tony's better.

Tony's.PNG

tony-s-jacal.jpg

Tony.jpg

original Tony.jpg

Edited by No Mulligans

I am going to eat at City BBQ. They have some really good brisket and burnt ends!

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Note: This thread is 1343 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!