Jump to content
CarlSpackler

Where Are You Going to Eat After COVID-19?

69 posts / 2686 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

In my state the Governor says we can once again move about on May 5th (though I doubt it).  That day is Cinco de Mayo so I'll head down to Keenan's at the Pier and have a honkin' big margarita and two blackened fish tacos to celebrate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In my state the Governor says we can once again move about on May 5th (though I doubt it).  That day is Cinco de Mayo so I'll head down to Keenan's at the Pier and have a honkin' big margarita and two blackened fish tacos to celebrate!

three GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I'm always dying waiting for the local Mexican restaurant to reopen.  

My favorite also.
I'll just be glad when our club is open, I feel like I'm heading to work to play golf packing a lunch and drinks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just told my wife today that I'm really craving the spicy miso at our regular ramen spot. She's not a fan of ramen in general but a bowl of it and an icy Saporro is my idea of heaven. I'll be there the first day I can go and sit in the place.

IMG_4731.jpeg

Edited by commishbob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, bwdial said:

Would that be Nick's in the Sticks?

Ha!  Nice post.  So, I know my response here is total sacrilege, but in this case I'm actually referring to 43 Prime up near TCHS.  Not sure if you've been there.  They "borrowed" a heck of a lot of the ideas from Nick's (don't know much about the management or any links between them), right down to their "33 degrees" drink mimicking the Nicodemus.  But they have more room, it's closer to us, and it's waaaaay easier to get in--hardly ever a wait, even on weekends--so we usually just go there instead.  We do still get over to Nick's at least once a year, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

In my state the Governor says we can once again move about on May 5th (though I doubt it).  That day is Cinco de Mayo so I'll head down to Keenan's at the Pier and have a honkin' big margarita and two blackened fish tacos to celebrate!

Im thinking start at Boundary Bay with steamers and bbq pork, then a liter at Chuckanut, and finish at Mckays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

50 minutes ago, BamaWade said:

Ha!  Nice post.  So, I know my response here is total sacrilege, but in this case I'm actually referring to 43 Prime up near TCHS.  Not sure if you've been there.  They "borrowed" a heck of a lot of the ideas from Nick's (don't know much about the management or any links between them), right down to their "33 degrees" drink mimicking the Nicodemus.  But they have more room, it's closer to us, and it's waaaaay easier to get in--hardly ever a wait, even on weekends--so we usually just go there instead.  We do still get over to Nick's at least once a year, though.

No judgment... I've never actually EATEN at Nick's because it was always too crowded. 

I was at Alabama from 1989 - 1995ish, and my daughter just graduated last May.  I wish I would have known about this place for those times that we were searching for a place to eat when we were visiting.  I'll have to keep it in mind when my current crop of young'uns go to school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The wife and I will drop the kids off at the grandparents and head to one of out favorite places in town. Tricias. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local:  sushi.  That's a food I pretty much won't take to go anyway, and I enjoy the experience of eating at the sushi bar.  But if this goes on long enough, I might have to get sushi to go!  I haven't had sushi in a while.

Not local:  I see folks talking about going up to L.A. for sandwiches.  I owe a friend a trip to Langer's, assuming they're still around after this crisis.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, Shindig said:

Local:  sushi.  That's a food I pretty much won't take to go anyway, and I enjoy the experience of eating at the sushi bar.  But if this goes on long enough, I might have to get sushi to go!  I haven't had sushi in a while.

Not local:  I see folks talking about going up to L.A. for sandwiches.  I owe a friend a trip to Langer's, assuming they're still around after this crisis.  

Definitely! Nothing like fresh sushi! That’s pretty high on my list too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Another one for me is our local breakfast spot. Used to go every Saturday morning. Definitely missing that routine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tony Jacal's, of course.  Favorite San Diego county Mexican restaurant.  Right nextdoor to Fidels which is also a favorite San Diego Mexican restauratn, but I like Tony's better.

Tony's.PNG

tony-s-jacal.jpg

Tony.jpg

original Tony.jpg

Edited by No Mulligans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am going to eat at City BBQ. They have some really good brisket and burnt ends!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...