IGNORED

Most Expensive Thing You Have Broken When Practicing at Home?

FlappyGilmore
Note: This thread is 1470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

40 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Not f---ing likely.

You didn't play with me in my younger years when I actually had hope that I could conquer this game and be good some day.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, Knaresborough said:

Huh? I have at least 5 courses inside 10 miles.....pretty normal. Rain...it is what it is. Pubs? dying out.

Yeah, guess I should have put a caveat out there about it depending on where you live in Harrogate, when I was there they weren't that close to me.  It's been 18 years since I was there, so guess it could have changed a little with the pub's, especially now...

Gus
---------------

Only close. I have a couple trees about 4' apart in my backyard. I used to hang an old army blanket between them to hit into. The last time i used it, i hit one of the trees, the ball went screaming past my ear and missed the two year old bathroom window by the width of the ball. The dent on the trim is still there though.

6 minutes ago, Papa Steve 55 said:

Only close. I have a couple trees about 4' apart in my backyard. I used to hang an old army blanket between them to hit into. The last time i used it, i hit one of the trees, the ball went screaming past my ear and missed the two year old bathroom window by the width of the ball. The dent on the trim is still there though.

Guessing you hit the tree on the right...

On 4/13/2020 at 11:32 AM, FlyingAce said:

Nothing broken but I dropped a golf ball in the garage and it hit my husband’s car. Darn car is made of aluminum and the ball made an indentation on the side. No one has noticed it yet....shhhhhhhh!

So what Tesla model?

I hope this isn't your husband's car and he doesn't belong to the "Asians can't drive" club.😁 

2 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

So what Tesla model?

I hope this isn't your husband's car and he doesn't belong to the "Asians can't drive" club.😁 

X

You really have to completely block out everything to not hear the warnings...those FWD are the most annoying feature of the car. 

I've got a good one. Although I didn't technically break anything, when I was 3, I put a knick in the front right fender of my parents' 68 mustang vert while swinging a cut down 60s blade in the garage. It was the only blemish on that car, which probably had 5k miles on a full restore (this happened in 92). We kept the car until I was 18, and I loved driving that beauty around for the 2 years I was able to. Every time I saw the blemish (it was only a paint chip the size of a pinkie nail) it always made me think of golf. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

On 4/14/2020 at 7:19 PM, FlyingAce said:

X

You really have to completely block out everything to not hear the warnings...those FWD are the most annoying feature of the car. 

Ace:

I think I'd have more chance finding a unicorn in Albuquerque than an Asian...never mind one with a Tesla.....there aren't any Tesla dealerships in NM.

Lots of Tesla's here in Asia Central....saw 6 Tesla's going out to play golf yesterday.

Those FWD's are complete nonsense....I've seen other owners breaking the FWD's too....they must be $5-8K to repair. 

8 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Ace:

I think I'd have more chance finding a unicorn in Albuquerque than an Asian...never mind one with a Tesla.....there aren't any Tesla dealerships in NM.

Lots of Tesla's here in Asia Central....saw 6 Tesla's going out to play golf yesterday.

Those FWD's are complete nonsense....I've seen other owners breaking the FWD's too....they must be $5-8K to repair. 

You don’t need a dealership. We bought ours online and took delivery without test driving. They now have a 1 week or 1000 miles test period where you can return the car after delivery. 

My friend broke his FWD and it cost $14k to fix and 5 months in the shop. The doors are cool and fun at the beginning but completely impractical. That’s why I didn’t want one for myself. 

I've never broken anything, but I did deposit a fairly new Chromesoft onto the neighbors roof doing the flop shot drill the other day. My 16 year old daughter was messing around hitting balls into my net the other day and heeled one that missed our kitchen window by 3 inches. It was pretty funny my wife walked out right about that time and it barely missed her as well!

I played baseball as a kid and broke numerous windows back in the day. My parents had a glass place on speed dial!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

16 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Ace:

I see a lot of Teslas in Albuquerque, I know because my 16 year old is in love with them and points every single one out to me. We also have quite a few Asian folks as well, not that thats important.

@FlyingAce Playing at Tanoan I thought for sure you would have a window story or two with all that glass lining those fairways. I know I have had to hold my breath on several occasions when one got away from me while playing there. 😬

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 

23 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

You don’t need a dealership. We bought ours online and took delivery without test driving. They now have a 1 week or 1000 miles test period where you can return the car after delivery. 

My friend broke his FWD and it cost $14k to fix and 5 months in the shop. The doors are cool and fun at the beginning but completely impractical. That’s why I didn’t want one for myself. 

Not surprised on the $14K...ouch.

So if you have a problem with your Tesla....that other 'standard' repair shop can't/won't fix it...what would you do?.....where's the closest Tesla repair shop to you?.....do they valet a courtesy car to you?

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:

I see a lot of Teslas in Albuquerque, I know because my 16 year old is in love with them and points every single one out to me. We also have quite a few Asian folks as well, not that thats important.

@FlyingAce Playing at Tanoan I thought for sure you would have a window story or two with all that glass lining those fairways. I know I have had to hold my breath on several occasions when one got away from me while playing there. 😬

We do have quite a few Teslas in town. When I bought mine, there were only 400 in the whole state of NM, by the time my husband got his, about 500. Probably more now because of the 3 and Y.

I actually have only hit a handful of balls  into someone’s yard. Mostly into that $7M house on Sandia 5. Their gardeners throw back out whatever balls they could find on yard day and I once picked up 18 balls on the fairway! Sandia 7 and Zia 2 are the only 2 holes that I worry about homes on the left. I don’t hit that far so my misses are usually still playable. There is one home with a broken window all the time, otherwise I think people hit the roofs more often than windows.

Edited by FlyingAce

1 hour ago, Mr22putt said:

Not surprised on the $14K...ouch.

So if you have a problem with your Tesla....that other 'standard' repair shop can't/won't fix it...what would you do?.....where's the closest Tesla repair shop to you?.....do they valet a courtesy car to you?

So there are no “service centers” in NM. Closest is El Paso, TX/Denver, CO/Phoenix, AZ. NM gets mobile service where the tech comes to your house to fix almost anything.  For jobs that they cannot fix, Tesla tows the car to TX. 

For bodywork/repairs, there are Tesla “approved” shops and there is ONE in ABQ, likely the only in NM too. It is a pain to fix a Tesla in general because of the shortage of parts, so expect to not have the car for a few months. I have heard a few people who used to get loaners in NM while their cars were in TX, but I don’t think Tesla do that anymore.

I rarely drive my car. I have only put 5000 miles on it during the first year and it sits in the garage most of the time...

Edited by FlyingAce

39 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

I actually have only hit a handful of balls  into someone’s yard. Mostly into that $7M house on Sandia 5. Their gardeners throw back out whatever balls they could find on yard day and I once picked up 18 balls on the fairway! Sandia 7 and Zia 2 are the only 2 holes that I worry about homes on the left. I don’t hit that far so my misses are usually still playable. There is one home with a broken window all the time, otherwise I think people hit the roofs more often than windows.

Personally I like to pepper the houses on the right on Sandia 7 and the ones on the left on Zia 8 cutting that corner before they grew up all those trees.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

Personally I like to pepper the houses on the right on Sandia 7 and the ones on the left on Zia 8 cutting that corner before they grew up all those trees.

Oh yeah those houses on the left of Zia 8 are asking for it!!! My husband also has a thing for those to the right of Sandia 7! I’d never buy a house on a fairway. Period.

Edited by FlyingAce

1 hour ago, FlyingAce said:

I rarely drive my car. I have only put 5000 miles on it during the first year and it sits in the garage most of the time...

5000 miles is quite a bit for rarely driven.

You likely have more miles on your golf cart driving to and from the course and on the course.

Note: This thread is 1470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!