billchao

Bryson Throws Tantrum After Poor Shot, Berates Cameraman

49 posts / 2833 viewsLast Reply

BD - "Sir if you continue following me this closely I will not be able to contain the Kraken when he wants to show up"

Camera Bro - "Rolls eyes and continues following"

Then Bryson calmly has a conversation with camera bro explaining to him that their isn't anything he can do if the Kraken wants to be unleashed. I imagine BD politely asked camera bro if he wanted to "catch these hands" as well, obviously camera bro declined. 

It sounds alot like Tiger having issues with cameras clicking during his backswing. Or people moving.

He is hyper focused, a tiny glitch leads to a poor shot that could cost him $100Ks so I hope he grows out of it but it is hard to say it isn't understandable.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don’t think it’s the same as those examples. Those are distractions. Him hitting a bad shot and not wanting the cameraman to zoom in and catch him hulking out is a reaction. 

13 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

1) I'm sure Lydia has said something stupid in her life. 

2) He shouldn't have blamed the camera guy. . 

3) Its just my opinion, but if he's really worried about his "brand" he should come out and apologize publicly to the camera guy and eat a little crow. I think that would go a long way for him.

1) Yes, I'm sure Lydia has said stupid things in her life...... BUT....but in from of a camera....I'm a LPGA fan....I'm struggling to remember anything stupid she's done or said when a camera was rolling....good on her.

2) agree

3) agree

Just a poor showing of arrogance that some pro golfers have. You even see it in the amateur ranks from time to time. 

Golfers getting irate at others for their own mistakes. Doesn't make much sense. You did it, you own it. 

Bryson is making a name for himself. Good, bad, or indifferent, it makes for good media fodder. 

On 7/4/2020 at 11:19 PM, DeadMan said:

What a baby.

Nobody cares if you cuss or get angry about a shot. Don't damage the course, and it's not a deal. It's got to be close to impossible to keep your cool all the time as a professional golfer. Everybody has bad days. The problem is that Bryson does destroy the course sometimes. Yeah, that hurts your brand. It's not the cameraman's fault.

Also, I bet the producer or someone else is telling the cameraman what to shoot. Good chance it's not the cameraman's call.

Again, what a baby.

I agree 100% i've seen him do this to the course and I think he is being a little childish when he does.  i was a little put off by his comments that he blamed the camera man for HIS own behavior..............he ought to ask himself the question "would Arnold Palmer do this?"

On 7/9/2020 at 2:12 PM, criley4way said:

It sounds alot like Tiger having issues with cameras clicking during his backswing. Or people moving.

He is hyper focused, a tiny glitch leads to a poor shot that could cost him $100Ks so I hope he grows out of it but it is hard to say it isn't understandable.

That's different than what happened with Bryson; with Bryson, we're talking about the camera guy capturing footage of him after Bryson hit a shot.  See @mclaren4life's comment.

Edited by ncates00

So I read this thread a few days ago and since I didn't see the incident, I kept an open mind. After watching his demeanor after hitting a mediocre bunker shot, I started seeing his "Brand" peek a little. After he just walked away from the 2nd official without an acknowledgment or thank you I now see why some refer to him as a "Tool" because that was the first thing that came to mind. Maybe Home Depot or Lowe's will sponsor him. 

I do have a question though when he was arguing the OB. Did he play all three balls he hit from the first hazard drop as provisional? He must of otherwise he really couldn't argue the OB right? 

I understand they called off the cameraman from following Bryson the rest of the round.  Kinda like calling off the dogs after the subject is handcuffed.  😀

The whole thing is very Streisand Effect-ish. 

This is the kind of thing that happens when there’s a disconnect between the image the player wants to portray, his brand, and the player himself. He should spend more time looking in the mirror if he’s really that concerned about his brand, and I don’t mean staring at his muscles.