IGNORED

Bryson Throws Tantrum After Poor Shot, Berates Cameraman

billchao
Note: This thread is 1377 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

GCLogo.png

Bryson DeChambeau got into an exchange of words with a cameraman during Saturday's third round of the...

Bryson throws a tantrum after hitting a poor shot and lashes out at the bunker, then the cameraman for following hunt afterwards.

This is why @colin007 doesn’t like you, Bryson.

• Like 3

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm probably the only one and I understand the pressure to win the big bucks but I hold these guys to a higher standard than I do joe six-pack out on the neighborhood muni...

With that kind of behavior, his brand is sinking faster than the Titanic in my book.

It's your job to represent your brand in a good light.  It's not the cameraman's job to make you look good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Just another reason why Bryson is not well liked and just a TOOL....if you're gonna act like a child....there's no way a cameraman will shut it down and stop video taping it....that's their job...people love DRAMA.

You wouldn't have a cameraman stop the coverage of a NASCAR crash....everyone loves a train wreck.

What a baby.

Nobody cares if you cuss or get angry about a shot. Don't damage the course, and it's not a deal. It's got to be close to impossible to keep your cool all the time as a professional golfer. Everybody has bad days. The problem is that Bryson does destroy the course sometimes. Yeah, that hurts your brand. It's not the cameraman's fault.

Also, I bet the producer or someone else is telling the cameraman what to shoot. Good chance it's not the cameraman's call.

Again, what a baby.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Bryson is an idiot.  The only reason he and other golfers get paid so much money is because their tournaments are televised, which brings in massive revenue.  If he expects a camera man not to follow a shot he hit, or look for the ball in a messy situation, he has even less sense than I thought.

I understand his frustration with hitting a bad shot, we all do it.  However, there is a massive difference between berating yourself and damaging the course or cursing somebody else who had nothing to do with it.  I tend to swear a lot at myself when I play badly, but never take it out on anybody or anything else.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Pretty crap on Bryson's part, but I am glad he is doing well since the restart. I posted yesterday how I saw Reed ripping grass out of the green (improper pitch repair), and I would argue that is worse for course maintenance than what Bryson did. The only reason they followed him that long is because he is literally the only thing that is interesting in pro golf right now. I understand both sides of it. He was running hot, and the cameraman/broadcaster wants a story.

• Like 2
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Embarrassing. Whenever I've heard a colleague or any other individual talk about their brand, it makes me want to feed their face to baboons. The world doesn't need individual people to be brands. It needs more human beings. Brands are for Coke and Disney. A brand is an image. It's not a person. Just the worst f***ing people in the world talk about their personal "brand." THE WORST

Edited by Aguirre
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"Witty golf quote."

The irony here is that complaining about your "brand" does more to hurt your "brand."  Grow up Bryson; everyone expects players to react after a poor shot. They follow other golfers after bad shots.  The camera follows MLB pitchers into the dugout after a bad inning. They follow quarterbacks off the field after an interception. You're well-compensated for the extra scrutiny.

This guy has a history of petulance when things don't go his way: complaining when his goofy putter was ruled illegal, pushing back on the criticism over his 6 minute putt, etc.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Maybe he can look at it from a “all publicity is good publicity” perspective.

Then the head of HR can talk with the employee who exhibited this behavior. CEO can issue a strongly worded apology, explaining that this is not part of their DNA. Compulsory  training for everyone in the brand, follow-up workshops, creation of an outreach program.

On a lighter note, I think I’m actually enjoying watching him pound that ball with 320+ yards of carry.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Spieth did something similar, although he didn't berate the camera crew, when he hit some bad shots and lost in a major.  I can't recall which major it was or when it was, but I remember he essentially lost the tournament there and the camera crew was right up close to him, and Spieth asked them to get the camera out of his face.  I think he said something like "please don't point at my face."  Can't remember.

Bryson should know he's going to be a hot topic and that people want to see him--the good and the bad.  He's out in public in a recorded professional sporting event.  Don't take things too personally; the camera guy is just doing his job.  If you don't want "your brand ruined" then don't do something that you think can ruin it.  Had Bryson had his time of being upset but eventually let it go, and didn't confront the camera guy, then this wouldn't have even been a story.  Lots of pros get mad on the course, curse up a storm, throw a club or hit the ground, but they don't confront the camera guy for recording what the pro himself did.

11 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Spieth did something similar, although he didn't berate the camera crew, when he hit some bad shots and lost in a major.  I can't recall which major it was or when it was, but I remember he essentially lost the tournament there and the camera crew was right up close to him, and Spieth asked them to get the camera out of his face.  I think he said something like "please don't point at my face."  Can't remember.

Bryson should know he's going to be a hot topic and that people want to see him--the good and the bad.  He's out in public in a recorded professional sporting event.  Don't take things too personally; the camera guy is just doing his job.  If you don't want "your brand ruined" then don't do something that you think can ruin it.  Had Bryson had his time of being upset but eventually let it go, and didn't confront the camera guy, then this wouldn't have even been a story.  Lots of pros get mad on the course, curse up a storm, throw a club or hit the ground, but they don't confront the camera guy for recording what the pro himself did.

Well said. We, of the unwashed masses, are lucky we don't have a camera person following us when we play golf.

6 hours ago, CarlSpackler said:

Must be the roids. Lay off the juice Bryson. 

🤣

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 1377 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!