Jump to content
iacas

Chautauqua, NY/Erie, PA Gathering - August 1-2, 2020

200 posts / 9144 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

That was a lot of fun and a big help to my golf game to boot. I definitely got everything I expected (and more) out of my first professional golf lesson. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the round today, but I'll definitely be keeping on eye out for future TST outings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I couldn't be more happy about all of this. It was a real treat meeting everyone and getting my butt kicked by a windy Whispering Woods.

P.S. Buddy Christ is back baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I laughed, I cried, It was better than Cats.

It was great meeting everyone. Really, a lot of fun. Now, I have to find a white belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I laughed, I cried, It was better than Cats.

It was great meeting everyone. Really, a lot of fun. Now, I have to find a white belt.

And find a good donut 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

And find a good donut 😜

Can we go for donuts AND bagels next time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ok, got back at 9:30 last night and crashed hard for 9 hours but well worth it.

First, big thanks to @iacas for setting the weekend up.  I had an absolute blast and as mentioned earlier, well worth every penny.  

My apologies to @DrizZzY and especially @Hardspoon who was forced to ride with me for my eternal bitching at least on the front 9.  No excuses but failing to get a good nights sleep really impacted me more than it should have but I hope by the back 9, I was more fun to hang out and play with.

17 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

Great day (weekend) of golf.  Thanks to @iacas for setting this up.  If only I could make 4' putts, I'd have another $60 to spend on golf instruction!

Even short-handed, Group #4 (@RFKFREAK, @DrizZzY) cleaned UP - quota game winner and (8) skins...

Pwning souls up at Whispering Woods! 

16 hours ago, saevel25 said:

It was a pleasure to meet everyone. Today was a blast and I was glad we only go hit with a few short lived rain showers. 

Dude, def a pleasure.  Next time you gotta show us how you hit that 2 iron so well! :banana:

13 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Lot of fun this weekend, thanks @iacas for setting up another good outing. 

Good to meet all of you guys, looking forward to the next one.

Plus, one, dude.  Next time, though, don't get in the way when I'm practicing my flop shot. :whistle:

13 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

I couldn't be more happy about all of this. It was a real treat meeting everyone and getting my butt kicked by a windy Whispering Woods.

P.S. Buddy Christ is back baby!

Enjoyed meeting you, too, man!  Please don't ever have the Buddy Christ leave us again. :-$

3 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I laughed, I cried, It was better than Cats.

It was great meeting everyone. Really, a lot of fun. Now, I have to find a white belt.

 

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

And find a good donut 😜

I'm still mystified that someone doesn't like cake or donuts?! :bugout:

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Can we go for donuts AND bagels next time?

Count me in! B-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I laughed, I cried, It was better than Cats.

I mostly laughed. I qualified Sunday as comedy.😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/3/2020 at 9:07 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

No such thing 🤮

In Buffalo they have Paula's Donuts. Lines form. These things are the BOMB. Maybe I can bring a couple dozen to the next meet-up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/3/2020 at 11:33 AM, RFKFREAK said:

My apologies to @DrizZzY and especially @Hardspoon who was forced to ride with me for my eternal bitching at least on the front 9.

I wouldn't say it was "eternal"...I mean, you stopped bitching long enough to hit each shot.  :)

(Just kidding...it was fun...we've all been in that mood when playing badly!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

I wouldn't say it was "eternal"...I mean, you stopped bitching long enough to hit each shot.  🙂

Lol..

Y'all were lot of fun to spend the weekend with. Honestly the best parts was catching up with old friends and now getting to put a face on the the handles of new friends. Shout out to @iacas, CHQ learning center and Whispering Woods Golf Course for the great rate for the outing. Course was in great shape. 

Hope we can do it again. Bagels and donuts on me next time around. I am certain both qualify as breakfast of champions! 😜 

Edited by GolfLug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, Carl3 said:

In Buffalo they have Paula's Donuts. Lines form. These things are the BOMB. Maybe I can bring a couple dozen to the next meet-up. 

Had I known this I would have made a pit stop. B-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My wife pointed out to me yesterday that it's been more than 2 weeks now since returning from the event in PA/NY. 
So, therefore, it looks like I didn't catch any COVID'y stuff while out and about away from home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

My wife pointed out to me yesterday that it's been more than 2 weeks now since returning from the event in PA/NY. 
So, therefore, it looks like I didn't catch any COVID'y stuff while out and about away from home. 

Eureka!  You live to play another day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Eureka!  You live to play another day.

Just barely. Not because of the COVID, but I'm pretty sure the other people in my foursome wanted to wrap me upside the head with my driver about eleventeen times about the 7th or 8th time a dead pulled a driver into the trees and had to take 3 (or 5) from the tee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 8/18/2020 at 3:59 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

Just barely. Not because of the COVID, but I'm pretty sure the other people in my foursome wanted to wrap me upside the head with my driver about eleventeen times about the 7th or 8th time a dead pulled a driver into the trees and had to take 3 (or 5) from the tee. 

Hey, this sounds like me today! :-$:-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...