iacas

Chautauqua, NY/Erie, PA Gathering - August 1-2, 2020

189 posts / 6206 viewsLast Reply

So, I was talking with @saevel25 a few days ago, and I decided to put together something special for everyone who lives within some range of Erie, PA and/or Chautauqua, NY.

The tentative schedule is:

Saturday, August 1:
- 9am to 3pm - Chautauqua Golf Club/Learning Center — Lessons available for up to eight or nine people from 9-3. Cost is $78 - $60 for the lessons (we'll just have them ongoing throughout the day, some groups, some individual) and then $18 for a "day pass" to the range to use the other practice facilities there. See the note below for more.

Sunday, August 2:
- I'll arrange play for 8-12 of us (including me) at the Upper Peak or Whispering Woods or somewhere half decent.

Hotels are pretty darn inexpensive right now, especially if you use PriceLine or something.

Note: Regarding Saturday, I'm scheduled to be there for lessons at 9am, 10, 11, 12, 1, and 2. If we have at least six golfers taking lessons, I'll just block off the entire day and we'll just have everyone come out, hit balls, get lessons, do some group short game work, play the practice holes… whatever. It'll be an entire TST day on the range and using the practice facilities. A GREAT value for $78 (feel free to tip as $18 + a good % of that $60, my junior rate, goes to CHQ 😄).

So, let's do this!

Who's in? Subscribe/follow this topic and post when you know that you're in.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Mark me down for both days!

This is what happens when I have two calendars and you don't sync them up. I am in for Sunday's golf. My cousin has a wedding on the 1st that was not on my work calendar. 🤦‍♂️

Won’t be able to make this one, but you guys will enjoy it I’m sure. Chautauqua has a really good practice facility. It’s the kind of place you could spend all day at.

So let's clarify this a bit… Add your name(s) to the list.

Saturday (Practice) at CHQ:

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak

BTW, guests are allowed! You don't have to be a member. Bring a friend. Just put them on the list here first. (And if we run out of spaces in the list above, add more. There's no real limit. I'll make tee times at some point, and will endeavor to choose a course that's in a reasonably good location for most, though again, the Upper Peak might be a good fit. Whispering Woods might be the default, though, if nothing else works out or is too pricy.

P.S. Thanks for the testimony re: CHQ's practice facilities, Bill.

Paging a few others, too… @klineka, @ChetlovesMer, @Slice of Life, @vasaribm@Divot Master… I'll think of others.

If you know of others I've forgotten, tag them or, better yet, send them a message directly.

My wife and I took vacation the 1st through the 8th to go to San Diego. However, we may cancel that due to Covid shutting everything down. I gotta wait this one out for a week or so. Would like to do at least one of the days...

Seriously considering making the drive for this. Looks like the course on Sunday will be in/near Erie? Asking to start looking for hotels

6 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Seriously considering making the drive for this. Looks like the course on Sunday will be in/near Erie? Asking to start looking for hotels

Relatively close yes.

Hope you can make it! Will be fun! Learn a bunch on day one, play on day two.

7 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Do it. TST get gatherings are a blast.

I'm thinking I should be in for at least one if not both days, I'll check with the wife just to make sure. 

50 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I'm official in! Let's go, let's go!

42 minutes ago, klineka said:

I'm thinking I should be in for at least one if not both days, I'll check with the wife just to make sure. 

Add your names to the list. Copy and paste the list and add your name.

@Braivo? @JxQx?