IGNORED

Chautauqua, NY/Erie, PA Gathering - August 1-2, 2020

iacas
Note: This thread is 1338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

So, I was talking with @saevel25 a few days ago, and I decided to put together something special for everyone who lives within some range of Erie, PA and/or Chautauqua, NY.

The tentative schedule is:

Saturday, August 1:
- 9am to 3pm - Chautauqua Golf Club/Learning Center — Lessons available for up to eight or nine people from 9-3. Cost is $78 - $60 for the lessons (we'll just have them ongoing throughout the day, some groups, some individual) and then $18 for a "day pass" to the range to use the other practice facilities there. See the note below for more.

Sunday, August 2:
- I'll arrange play for 8-12 of us (including me) at the Upper Peak or Whispering Woods or somewhere half decent.

Hotels are pretty darn inexpensive right now, especially if you use PriceLine or something.

Note: Regarding Saturday, I'm scheduled to be there for lessons at 9am, 10, 11, 12, 1, and 2. If we have at least six golfers taking lessons, I'll just block off the entire day and we'll just have everyone come out, hit balls, get lessons, do some group short game work, play the practice holes… whatever. It'll be an entire TST day on the range and using the practice facilities. A GREAT value for $78 (feel free to tip as $18 + a good % of that $60, my junior rate, goes to CHQ 😄).

So, let's do this!

Who's in? Subscribe/follow this topic and post when you know that you're in.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas pinned and featured this topic

Mark me down for both days!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Interesting! I’m likely in, barring a veto.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Mark me down for both days!

This is what happens when I have two calendars and you don't sync them up. I am in for Sunday's golf. My cousin has a wedding on the 1st that was not on my work calendar. 🤦‍♂️

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Won’t be able to make this one, but you guys will enjoy it I’m sure. Chautauqua has a really good practice facility. It’s the kind of place you could spend all day at.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

So let's clarify this a bit… Add your name(s) to the list.

Saturday (Practice) at CHQ:

1. @georgep
  2. @Hardspoon
  3. @BradSomrak

Sunday (Playing) TBD:

1. @saevel25
  2. @georgep
  3. @Hardspoon
  4. @BradSomrak

BTW, guests are allowed! You don't have to be a member. Bring a friend. Just put them on the list here first. (And if we run out of spaces in the list above, add more. There's no real limit. I'll make tee times at some point, and will endeavor to choose a course that's in a reasonably good location for most, though again, the Upper Peak might be a good fit. Whispering Woods might be the default, though, if nothing else works out or is too pricy.

P.S. Thanks for the testimony re: CHQ's practice facilities, Bill.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Paging a few others, too… @klineka, @ChetlovesMer, @Slice of Life, @vasaribm@Divot Master… I'll think of others.

If you know of others I've forgotten, tag them or, better yet, send them a message directly.

My wife and I took vacation the 1st through the 8th to go to San Diego. However, we may cancel that due to Covid shutting everything down. I gotta wait this one out for a week or so. Would like to do at least one of the days...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Seriously considering making the drive for this. Looks like the course on Sunday will be in/near Erie? Asking to start looking for hotels

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Seriously considering making the drive for this. Looks like the course on Sunday will be in/near Erie? Asking to start looking for hotels

Relatively close yes.

Hope you can make it! Will be fun! Learn a bunch on day one, play on day two.

7 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Do it. TST get gatherings are a blast.

- Shane

12 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Do it. TST get gatherings are a blast.

And @Bonvivant won’t even have to pack his earmuffs for this one 😜

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm official in! Let's go, let's go!

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I'm thinking I should be in for at least one if not both days, I'll check with the wife just to make sure. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Bonvivant said:

I'm official in! Let's go, let's go!

42 minutes ago, klineka said:

I'm thinking I should be in for at least one if not both days, I'll check with the wife just to make sure. 

Add your names to the list. Copy and paste the list and add your name.

@Braivo? @JxQx?

Note: This thread is 1338 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!