IGNORED

2020 British Open For the Ages

iacas
Note: This thread is 1365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

So…

TheOpen.com, on July 16-19, will be showing on their YouTube, Facebook, etc. channels, an "Open for the Ages." They've combined footage of Jack, Tiger, Greg, Jordan, Gary… etc. into a fake "tournament" in which everyone plays against each other.

Looks incredible. I hope they can pull it off.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Preview has me excited. I’ve binge watched all of The Open youtube channel content in the last couple months, so I’ll definitely be watching. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Good stuff! Saw the email last week and have been looking forward to it. Will have to watch it first but hope it’s entertaining.

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

I love the idea.  I seem to be the only person during this that hasn't had a chance to watch a ton of TV, so I hope they'll keep it available.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Good thing there are no restrictions on time travel.

• Like 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

I can't stand Seve.

You and I have a lot in common.😁

I also don't like Seve...nor Bubba, Bryson, .... I can tolerate Cry baby Spieth.

I also don't like Player, Zach J, Jimmy Walker, Tom Watson....I know there are others.😁😁

On the LPGA I don't like Wie, Creamer, Stacy, Christina Kim, Kerr

6 hours ago, colin007 said:

Interesting! Hopefully it'll be available beyond those dates.

I can't stand Seve.

paul rudd anchorman GIF

4 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

I also don't like Seve...nor Bubba, Bryson, .... I can tolerate Cry baby Spieth.

I also don't like Player, Zach J, Jimmy Walker, Tom Watson....I know there are others.😁😁

ron burgundy GIF

Should be fun to watch.

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

I am definitely with you on the Player and Watson feelings.

Others on my list - JJ Henry, Aphibarnrat, Tim Herron, Montgomerie, Laura Davies, Shanshan Feng

Colin P.

I'm kinda worried about the outcome of this, based on a fairly small sample size.
10,000 seems small; for reference Boaty McBoatface received over 120,000 votes in another internet voting contest

The winner of The Open For The Ages has been determined by a fan vote, which registered more than 10,000 responses, and a data model developed in partnership with NTT DATA that utilises this fan vote along with player career statistics and historical data from The Open to calculate the Champion.

Players play, tough players win!

46 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Others on my list - JJ Henry, Aphibarnrat, Tim Herron, Montgomerie, Laura Davies, Shanshan Feng

You left Rory Sabbatini off your list. Everyone dislikes him.

I hope the don’t use this as an opportunity to plug Jack as the GOAT. That would be disappointing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

49 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It's not that he wasn't considered for the list, he was. But he got MAJOR points from me for the Ben Crane incident.

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Shanshan Feng

I’m curious why her? I get she’s not exactly easy on the eyes but she’s a real character and has a good attitude, good humor. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

23 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’m curious why her? I get she’s not exactly easy on the eyes but she’s a real character and has a good attitude, good humor. 

To be honest, I'm an incredibly shallow person. 

Colin P.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Aw, come on. We asked you not to give away the winner without a spoiler alert. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Good call @boogielicious. Really hope they don’t make this a Jack fan slob fest. I also hope they realize we want to see golf, not incessant bios on all the players. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 hours ago, colin007 said:

I've never seen the 1st 4 play golf....I'm surprised you have the Big Thai on the list...why?....I would have thought him as really friendly....nit surprised about Mrs. Doubtfire....he seems like a grumpy guy.

I like Laura...but yes....she can be a bit standoffish.

In 2012, I was looking forward to meet and watch a fellow countrywoman Shanshan play golf....I gotta support the Great People of China.😁. I'm a BANANA and can only speak a few words of Mandarin and Cantonese. I bought some Chinese White Rabbit candies to snack on and was going to give Shanshan a bag of White Rabbit candies.

I said a few words in Chinese to her...I guess she thought I was a Chinese POSER...who could blame her...... and I didn't think she was overly friendly with the fans....I was shocked considering how jovial she is on TV....but some LPGA pros know when the cameras are rolling and act all bubble gum, cotton candy and pink ribbons when on TV, etc...e.g. Wie and Creamer.

So I kept the candies instead and shared them with other spectators....lol.....to heck with you Shanshan.

But the NEXT big STAR from China is Muni He....LMAO......Muni use to live in Vancouver....and a member at Swaneset....a course I often play in the summer time.....here she is in the below video at 12.....never knew who she was.

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Look at my recent comment about Feng.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1365 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!