IGNORED

Golf Gloves Are Useless

Gilberg
Note: This thread is 1368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Like most of you, I always thought wearing gloves for golf makes no sense.  A mans hands are hardened from work, so whats the point.  its a waste of $5.

My mom invited me to golf with her and her boss.  She wanted me to go to act like her husband since she was always telling her boss how good looking her husband was and my dad is really old and dresses like a skank and NOT good looking.  But he got a reel kind heart and wears it on his sleeve all the itme

Mom got me a whole golf outfit to wear and a glove?  I was ok with the outfit she chose out for me, but the cardboard paper tags from the shirt and shorts dug into my skin all day.  

I told her I wasn't wearing a glove and then she made me.  When the round was over I had sweat literally dripping from inside the glove and running down my arm.  Plus the velcro dug all the skin off the back of my hand (the front of the hands are tough, not the back), because she bought them for the wrong hands and i had to wear both gloves inside out to make the "work".

It was worth it becuse at the end her boss looked at me and just smiled and told me how prooud he was and how tough I was.  But it doens't matter because I don't even respect him.

Does anybody hear bother with golf gloves.  The only sports I wore gloves for was baseball and wrestling, just for the grip, but there is literally no point for golfers other than some of the points I pointed out above.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Informative 1

Gilberg!!!

Welcome back!  :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Golf Gloves Are Useless
30 minutes ago, Gilberg said:

for the grip

That’s why. Hot and sweaty hands require extra friction. I use rain gloves when it’s hot. When it’s nice out, I don’t wear a glove though. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

That’s why. Hot and sweaty hands require extra friction. I use rain gloves when it’s hot. When it’s nice out, I don’t wear a glove though. 

Your mistake is taking any of this seriously.

• Like 4

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

$5? Only if your buying the 3 pack at Costco. I prefer to keep my velvety smooth hands untouched from actually having to grip the club.

Aloha

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

2 hours ago, Gilberg said:

My mom invited me to golf with her and her boss.  She wanted me to go to act like her husband since she was always telling her boss how good looking her husband was and my dad is really old and dresses like a skank and NOT good looking.  But he got a reel kind heart and wears it on his sleeve all the itme

It was worth it becuse at the end her boss looked at me and just smiled and told me how prooud he was and how tough I was.  But it doens't matter because I don't even respect him.

WTF???.....LMAO

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Your mistake is taking any of this seriously.

I fell for it, and it wasn’t even close to being serious. I figured, well, you never can tell with folks these days. Haha. Gullible moment. I guess I’m often too literal. 

I only wear a glove when using my ball retriever that is in serious need of a new grip. Do you have a recommendation on what grip would be best if I wanted to try to qualify for the US Open? 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I used this glove when in deep rough with coyotes around.

8336FC0F-CD6A-49C3-915E-EE2ADBEEA030.jpeg

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

6 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

We all wear pears of latex gloves for every round, COVID-19 and all.  Talk about hot AND slippery.  

Only gloves, here is a photo of my group walking to the first tee (yes they let us play a 5-some)Accusations swirl at Holyoke veterans hospital, mayor says coronavirus  outbreak was kept secret even as death toll rose - The Boston Globe

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Only gloves, here is a photo of my group walking to the first tee (yes they let us play a 5-some)Accusations swirl at Holyoke veterans hospital, mayor says coronavirus  outbreak was kept secret even as death toll rose - The Boston Globe

Was that course one of the Forest Akers?  Seems that area had some difficulty controlling parties.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

20 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

WTF???.....LMAO

I’m glad someone pointed that out! Good lord, I’m reading through the posts and everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room.

1 hour ago, Slim_Pivot said:

everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room.

That’s the point with this one...🙂

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

10 hours ago, dennyjones said:

There's an elephant?

can he putt?

Only with gloves on. Sans gloves and the yips creep in. It's all very sad. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

On 7/23/2020 at 8:50 AM, TourSpoon said:

Only with gloves on. Sans gloves and the yips creep in. It's all very sad. 

Does the elephant use a bag to carry his clubs? Or does he use his trunk?

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 1368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!