IGNORED

Bryson Wins. Is That Bad?

Skydiver Scott
Note: This thread is 1308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was rooting against Bryson. Bryson is just so big, muscular and athletic that it is hard for most average golfers to related to. His swing is also not pretty to look at. Obviously it worked for him. I am really surprised to find out that many golfers drove longer than Bryson in the tournament.

I like Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa and golfers with smaller stature that amateurs can related to. 

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

1 hour ago, khalespace said:

like Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa and golfers with smaller stature that amateurs can related to. 

I can’t relate to any tour player. I’d have a much better shot at bulking up than playing golf the way any of them do. 

• Like 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I can’t relate to any tour player. I’d have a much better shot at bulking up than playing golf the way any of them do. 

We can always dream 🤣. Here I can't even solve my flipping problem.

Irons: 0.5 inch short and 2* Flat Mavrik 5 to AW (AW-105, PW-120, 9-135, 8-145) The lofts for these clubs are about 3* to 5* stronger  than standard.

Wedges: Mizuno MP-R series 52* and 56*. (80, 60)

Nickent: 4DX 2 hybrid 17* and 4 hybrid 23* (185 and 170 carry)

3 Wood: Tour Edge XGC 13* (195 carry)

Driver: Callaway FT IZ Driver 9* (210 carry, ~230 total)

I was rooting against Bryson. Bryson is just so big, muscular and athletic that it is hard for most average golfers to related to.

The fact that an average golfer can't relate to them is a silly reason to root against someone IMO. Keeping that logic consistent you should be rooting against every player on tour then. 

I am really surprised to find out that many golfers drove longer than Bryson in the tournament.

But when you look at strokes gained off the tee, which combines distance and accuracy, he was second only to Rory.

I like Justin Thomas, Collin Morikawa and golfers with smaller stature that amateurs can related to. 

Again, that logic doesn't make sense to me. I'm quite a bit taller and bigger than both of them and I still can't relate to them because they hit it further, straighter, and more consistent than I ever will.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

10 minutes ago, khalespace said:

We can always dream 🤣. Here I can't even solve my flipping problem.

I got pissed at myself one day on the range from this flipping mess. I took the club in my trail hand and bent back my wrist and just hit dozens of balls one handed. Then I just placed my lead hand on flat without gripping and hit a few more dozen. All slowly and focused. Try this. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, klineka said:

Again, that logic doesn't make sense to me. I'm quite a bit taller and bigger than both of them and I still can't relate to them because they hit it further, straighter, and more consistent than I ever will.

There can be other things that are relatable than just skill set.  I have a friend who relates to Rory because they both like Domino's pizza, loaded.

36 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

There can be other things that are relatable than just skill set.  I have a friend who relates to Rory because they both like Domino's pizza, loaded.

Legit Rory's worst trait IMO is his taste in pizza. 🤮

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I got pissed at myself one day on the range from this flipping mess. I took the club in my trail hand and bent back my wrist and just hit dozens of balls one handed. Then I just placed my lead hand on flat without gripping and hit a few more dozen. All slowly and focused. Try this. 

Try it with the other hand. 

Colin P.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, khalespace said:

I was rooting against Bryson. Bryson is just so big, muscular and athletic that it is hard for most average golfers to related to. His swing is also not pretty to look at. Obviously it worked for him. I am really surprised to find out that many golfers drove longer than Bryson in the tournament.

I think more people can relate to the fat one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm betting his biggest fan is Patrick Reed.

This makes complete sense.

GCLogo.png

The final group of the U.S. Open should be a comfortable spot for both Patrick Reed and Bryson DeChambeau.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

He isn’t one of my favorite golfers but I don’t root against him. He does something’s I wish he wouldn’t, most of which have been mentioned already, like a lot of golfers do. What I do like is that he is truly following his path. He has an idea of what he thinks will give him the best chance to win and is all in with it. I wish more people would do that and not just in golf. Cut what is your issue with the armlock putting? 

On 9/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Living in Ireland and Florida doesn't lend itself to knowing much about pizza.

So many have relocated from NY to Fla., I'm sure it isn't too hard to find good pizza.

Note: This thread is 1308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!