IGNORED

Sand Trap Superspeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group

iacas

Day 1 in the books. About 10 mph slower with my max with the blue when I stopped doing the protocols last year. Felt good to get this back out though. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Seeing some gains today average up significantly and so the max. However it’s made me question if I’m doing it right, would you recommend keeping balance or allowing yourself to swing as aggressively that you step out of the finish?

Hit balls on the range today with the radar.  Low was 104 and the high was 110.  I think the device is a couple MPH hot so it might be lower but when I did my testing (Driver with no ball) I hit 102.

Not a bad start.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• Administrator

Am going to integrate some Mach 3 starting next week, but did the 30-swing set today, again with the medium club and the counter weighted one.

Swings were at 124 126 126 129 131, so the median was 126 and the max was 131. Added them to the spreadsheet.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 1/6/2021 at 2:12 PM, RhysPowell16 said:

Seeing some gains today average up significantly and so the max. However it’s made me question if I’m doing it right, would you recommend keeping balance or allowing yourself to swing as aggressively that you step out of the finish?

I think the goal is to swing as hard as possible. Here's what the company put out for the first training protocol. I think he says to go as fast as possible with every swing.

Edited by DeadMan
  • Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

Wew, first week in the books. That was fun.
I went after it today. Swung as fast as I could. I'm still trying not to get too sloppy, though. 

Question for @iacas How's that counterbalance stick? What about flipping the green one upside down instead? Could that give me a feel (kind of) for what the counterbalance stick might offer. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I went after it today. Swung as fast as I could. I'm still trying not to get too sloppy, though. 

I always try to go all out on these, and sometimes it gets sloppy. Anyone else scrape the ground and make sparks?

• Administrator
4 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Question for @iacas How's that counterbalance stick? What about flipping the green one upside down instead? Could that give me a feel (kind of) for what the counterbalance stick might offer. 

Eh, I wouldn’t do that. The grip isn’t the right size, the weights won’t be correct, etc. The shaft also isn’t designed to flex in those spots.

2 hours ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

I always try to go all out on these, and sometimes it gets sloppy. Anyone else scrape the ground and make sparks?

Goodness no! Swing a foot off the ground, or 6” or so, at least.

Be careful!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I swing the red one with a ten finger grip to protect my thumb and wear gloves on both for both grip and because it’s 🥶. I keep my form relatively, but swing all out.  Remember to take breaks between sets. I tend to forget that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Just finished Week 1 Day 3 and as I expected, speed is starting to come back as I am swinging more often, median is up 8 mph and max is up 12 compared to day 1 this week.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Doing this outside with snow on the ground was ... interesting. Not my best decision. I didn't hurt anything, but, uh, my feet did not stay firmly on the ground.

-- Daniel

• Administrator
6 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Doing this outside with snow on the ground was ... interesting. Not my best decision. I didn't hurt anything, but, uh, my feet did not stay firmly on the ground.

Can’t do it in the garage?

6 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I do it in the driveway and shovel to keep it clear. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
32 minutes ago, MiuraMan said:

Here is a link to a blog entry you may find interesting.

A summary would be nice.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Can’t do it in the garage?

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I do it in the driveway and shovel to keep it clear. 

Both of those are better ideas than what I did! Haha...

• Funny 1

-- Daniel

2 hours ago, iacas said:

A summary would be nice.

Basically, in his experience measuring players, he said the Blue radar that comes with the set typically measured 3-4mph faster than what trackman said.  He didn't see any gains by swinging opposite handed, so swinging just one way is fine. He showed some numbers of PGA Tour players he worked with, and that they swung the red stick 1-2% faster than the driver instead of the 10% SuperSpeed says.  He then goes into some mental stuff and the "why/how" for speed training, which had been said here in the other topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I'm using the "Swing Speed Radar" which has me about 8mph slower the the Foresight launch monitor my instructor uses.  Doesn't matter though as I'll always be using the same monitor for this exercise.

I'm not a great test subject for data purposes as I've worked out my speed before.

At 63 years old I wonder if I can expect very much in the ways of gain in speed.  At some age one just needs to be happy trying to maintain ones speed/strength/flexibility/agility.  My hypothesis, holding all other things equal, the younger you are the more you can expect your speed to increase from these exercises.

At my age and 5'11" and 145lbs. I'm wondering if the sticks are too heavy for optimal results.

I finished the week at 102mph, about the same as the 101mph I started with.  My original driver speed was 87mph.