IGNORED

Sand Trap Superspeedsters - Support and Encouragement Group

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting on January 3 (because that's the Sunday), my intent with this topic is to have those of us with SuperSpeed sticks (or those of us who can get them by then) to band together, fill out a spread

So I did a bit of analysis of the Swing Speed Radar. Assuming the sensor is in the middle of the lower portion, it’s sensor zone should radiate out perpendicular to the face. The instructions say to p

Hey congratulations to @iacas, @phillyk, @DeadMan, @JuanTheGolfer, @MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral, @RhysPowell16, @NCGolfer, and @Lefty4lifewho all set new personal bests this week.  @JuanTheGolfer,

Posted Images

On 1/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, No Mulligans said:

Did the program today in low light shortly after sunset.  All my numbers were around 10mph slower than what I normally get.  I wonder if it's me or if the Swing Speed Radar doesn't work in low light.

I might be having the same kind of issue. Usually do the swings in my garage and there hasn’t been much sun around here lately. I try to turn all the lights on in the garage, but get high variance in the numbers, and feel like the low light level has something to do with it. 10-15 mph difference swing to swing. One swing reads 100 and the next is 84. I don’t see the same variance on the high side though. It might be that I’m not pushing hard enough on some swings. I still take the readings as is, even though there’s usually one in there that skews the median to the lower end of the “typical” range.

Sorry about your hand btw, you must have been swinging really hard!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

124, 120, 119, 118, 114

Another nice bump.  After making sure I was getting to or slightly past parallel in the backswing in the last session, today I made sure my hands were getting higher.  That made a big difference right away.  Didn't make any swings with the driver but I might hit balls later today and see what the numbers translate to on the range.  I'm hoping I'll get over 110 hitting balls.

16 hours ago, iacas said:

What did you do, @No Mulligans? As in how did that happen?

I have a 15 week puppy and was playing tug-a-war with a rope dog toy, he lunged and chomped for a new grip and caught my finger.  He still has those sharp pointy little puppy teeth.  The cut is a pretty sensitive spot as far as holding a golf club, I don't want to reopen it.  Too small for stitches I would think... I imagine an professional athlete (basketball, golf, football) would get it stitched and play on.

Here's a pic from yesterday morning (we hit 80 degrees later in the day, San Diego coastal).

Mac 15 weeks small.jpg

• Thanks 1

New high today with the blue, 108 with median 100. I did the swings on cement. Not sure if my platform causes any slow down, but it seemed odd. Only got my driver to 95 on the platform.

Over the last week I’ve notified a fairly significant drop off in my speeds. Now 6-10 short of all my PBs for each weight. Anyone else have this happen in the past? I’m starting week 6 of super speed and drop offs have been there for the last 3 sessions.

1 hour ago, RhysPowell16 said:

Over the last week I’ve notified a fairly significant drop off in my speeds. Now 6-10 short of all my PBs for each weight. Anyone else have this happen in the past? I’m starting week 6 of super speed and drop offs have been there for the last 3 sessions.

I tend to plateau then increase but not drop off much.

• Administrator

Mach 3 stuff today. Wednesday I get a massage (like the brutal kind) on my shoulders and neck, so I think I’ll do my stuff before-hand. 🙂

Did a superspeed workout today after 4 hours of putting up drywall on the ceiling of my kids' room. Sticks weren't moving fast at all. Hopefully I'll have a little more pep on Wednesday.

Pretty funny how close mine and @Darkfrog 's numbers are overall, they were legit identical for both median and max for Week 3 Day 1. 

At some point here once there is a few more weeks worth of data, I will likely take my numbers and input them into a data visualization tool called Tableau which I use every day for my job and see what kind of graphs/trend lines I can create. If I can figure out an easy way to pivot the data into columns and rows that make sense for Tableau, I could probably make a visualization for everyone if there is interest.

3 minutes ago, klineka said:

Pretty funny how close mine and @Darkfrog 's numbers are overall, they were legit identical for both median and max for Week 3 Day 1. 

At some point here once there is a few more weeks worth of data, I will likely take my numbers and input them into a data visualization tool called Tableau which I use every day for my job and see what kind of graphs/trend lines I can create. If I can figure out an easy way to pivot the data into columns and rows that make sense for Tableau, I could probably make a visualization for everyone if there is interest.

This means you need to put up some drywall now like @Darkfrog did to get comparative data. 😜

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Wew, I felt good today. I felt fast. 

115, 116, 116, 117, 117 in that order. 

Really good for me. Also nice and consistent. 💪

• Administrator

I did mine in the morning before my massage here at home. In the snow. After throwing snow (I don't like to say "after snowblowing" or "blowing snow." Sounds… not right.).

Looking like @Daveje97 and @phillyk and @georgep need to get back on the horse, at least as far as updating the spreadsheet goes.

Felt like I had more oomph today than Monday. Got 125, 125, 127, 128, 131 MPH with blue stick. Also hit some balls with Mevo, and most swings were in the 109-113 range, but a few faster ones, with a max of 117. Hitting the ball pretty terribly according to Mevo (and recent on course results) - contact is heely, and spin over 3000 most of the time. Hope to get the ball striking issue worked out in next lesson, but at least speed is there when I get the mechanical issues sorted out.

Yeah, I typically leave all my toys at the golf school and I haven’t been there as much in the last week. Snow is coming soon too. Ill have to bring the speed sticks home to do some work.