IGNORED

2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills

iacas

Insane that Tiger made the cut.

It got me thinking about why none of the guys on Tour move me like he does, and I think that his refusal to give in and not grind his way through bad play is the reason why.

Giving a shit even when you’re not at your best is amazingΒ 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Zippo said:

Wow. Matthew Wolff plus 13. Would not have expected it.Β 

I would have.

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

1. It’s not the β€œBritish Open”…it’s β€œThe Open”

It's the British Open.

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

2. Tiger is currently the biggest name in golf. He didn’t play a competitive round of golf for like a year and still one the PIP bonus because of a couple of pics. Bryson worked hard for all that attention and Tiger still won inadvertently.

Yes.

Crazy 69 from Tiger today. I'm looking forward to actually watching it now. I saw one shot downtown at Golf Evolution and it was Tiger pulling a wedge into a bunker on maybe #12, I think.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

2. Tiger is currently the biggest name in golf. He didn’t play a competitive round of golf for like a year and still one the PIP bonus because of a couple of pics. Bryson worked hard for all that attention and Tiger still won inadvertently.

If Bobbie Jones and Jack Nicklaus called it the British Open it's good enough for me.

And, ironically, you're scolding a Brit about the name of his country's open, LOL.

Edited by turtleback
to add the irony point

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

4 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

For some of us, The Open is the one played in June.

The other one will always be The British Open

• Like 1

Colin P.

9 hours ago, iacas said:

It's the British Open.

Ok, technically…..but technically, up until a couple of years ago, Rhode Island’s official name was β€œthe State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations,” but no normal person called it that. Β I was trying to make a practical point…when I first started playing golf 2002-ish, I called it the British Open, but realized that no one else did. Β 

Β 

7 hours ago, colin007 said:

For some of us, The Open is the one played in June.

The other one will always be The British Open

Perhaps more people call it that than I appreciate in my own experiences. Β πŸ€”

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue STΒ Β / Β Woods:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 5W /Β Hybrid:Β :tmade:Β Stealth 25* /Β Irons: :ping:Β i500’s /Β Β Wedges:Β :edel:Β 54*, 58*;Β Putter:Β :scotty_cameron:Β Futura 5 Β Ball:Β image.pngΒ Vero X1

Β 

Β -Jonny

27 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Rhode Island’s official name was β€œthe State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations,” but no normal person called it that. Β 

I don’t think a lot of people who even live in RI even remembered that!😁
Β 

It’s been an interesting tournament so far. The course doesn’t look hard on TV, but it certainly is playing hard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

when I first started playing golf 2002-ish, I called it the British Open, but realized that no one else did.

Plenty did, though.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

16 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I think Tiger will win the PIP bonus for a number of years, since the other players owe him for the Tiger Effect on Tour prize money. They should have given him the whole pot in 2021.

Bill M

I thought it interesting that Bubba made more birdies yesterday than Schef, Rahm and Morikawa combined. I wouldn't have placed $5 on that bet even for 1000:1 odds.Β 

It seems a course so heavily biased to cuts off the tee and I would have thought at least one of these three would have played like it was their home course.

On a different note, good to see Tiger steadying up yesterday. Hopefully he can get a couple of these putts like the one he just missed to drop.

Grinding it out for pride's sake..

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

On a different note, good to see Tiger steadying up yesterday. Hopefully he can get a couple of these putts like the one he just missed to drop.

Grinding it out for pride's sake..

Well… he only needed one putt on the 6th today.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

7 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

Ok, technically…..but technically, up until a couple of years ago, Rhode Island’s official name was β€œthe State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations,” but no normal person called it that. Β I was trying to make a practical point…when I first started playing golf 2002-ish, I called it the British Open, but realized that no one else did. Β 

Β 

Perhaps more people call it that than I appreciate in my own experiences. Β πŸ€”

You have it backwards.Β  It was ALWAYS referred to as the British Open in the US until relatively recently.Β  You may have started golf in 2002, but it has been around a lot longer than that.Β  That was the point of my comment about Jack and Bobby Jones (and, unspoken, everyone in between) calling it the British Open.

Edited by turtleback

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator

Oooof.

rough round for tiger

one of the announcers said that Brookline and St. Andrews are easier walks than Augusta and southern hills, which is a plus. Body’ll be further along then, too

Edited by jbishop15
typo

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

• Administrator

Brookline is not an easy walk. St. Andrews is.

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Brookline is not an easy walk. St. Andrews is.

That’s what I thought, too, but I deferred to the announcer on that.Β 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

I don’t know if the course was the issue. If he’s swinging with pain, it doesn’t help that the walk is easy.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

3 hours ago, Zeph said:

Well… he only needed one putt on the 6th today.

I know it's cold but couldn't quiet believe that a 4 iron didn't travel 214 yards. Seemed like it was well struck too.

Anyway, I went away for a couple of hours and seems like the bottom has given out.Β πŸ₯΄

Vishal S.