IGNORED

Patrick Reed - The Man, the Child Abuse (?), Redemption (??)

Phil McGleno

Patrick Reed Abuse  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If Patrick Reed was Physically and Emotionally Abused as a Child, Does Your Opinion of Him Change?

• Yeah
    • No

6 minutes ago, colin007 said:

IMG_20210706_202757.jpg

And it wasn’t even puka shells. 

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The man is a professional golfer.  If you needed to play a match for your life and you needed a partner, this guy would be on the short list.  I like the way he plays and enjoy watching him play especially in the Ryder cup.  

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

So much for dropping the lawsuit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

134268f0-3fa0-11ed-b775-9ab23b51bb7c

Patrick Reed withdrew from a DP World Tour event this week due to a back injury, which he reportedly said he got after sleeping on a mattress that was "too soft."

Reed is about the most toxic person I have ever heard of.   I don't judge the whole things with his parents, we're not going to know what the deal is with that.   But his public life is so toxic that he better hope LIV is around for a while.   His attitude and antics have probably earned him a lifetime ban on the PGAT, if LIV collapses.   He's got to be toxic to sponsors (he's all LIV logo now).   Even LIV must have second thoughts about him at this point.

He's also suing the DP World Tour, so I don't think he's going to be welcome there.   Maybe he can dig in, but who in the world wants to be paired with this d-bag anymore?   His wife is a horrible enabler of his negativity and toxic behavior.   LIV going away would be worth it just to see him with nowhere to play golf.  

—Adam

16 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:
134268f0-3fa0-11ed-b775-9ab23b51bb7c

Patrick Reed withdrew from a DP World Tour event this week due to a back injury, which he reportedly said he got after sleeping on a mattress that was "too soft."

Reed is about the most toxic person I have ever heard of.   I don't judge the whole things with his parents, we're not going to know what the deal is with that.   But his public life is so toxic that he better hope LIV is around for a while.   His attitude and antics have probably earned him a lifetime ban on the PGAT, if LIV collapses.   He's got to be toxic to sponsors (he's all LIV logo now).   Even LIV must have second thoughts about him at this point.

He's also suing the DP World Tour, so I don't think he's going to be welcome there.   Maybe he can dig in, but who in the world wants to be paired with this d-bag anymore?   His wife is a horrible enabler of his negativity and toxic behavior.   LIV going away would be worth it just to see him with nowhere to play golf.  

Rumor has it the mattress has been going around saying Patrick Reed is "too soft". 

• Funny 3

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

10 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Rumor has it the mattress has been going around saying Patrick Reed is "too soft". 

And sued for 3 quarters of a billion dollars for harassing it, by laying on it.

—Adam

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Reed is about the most toxic person I have ever heard of.

You haven't been around much, then. Holy cow, man.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

You haven't been around much, then. Holy cow, man.

Yeah, the Bill Cosbys of the world are worse.   I guess I mean that they are toxic about so many things and they just have issues with so many people or entities.   There was a life coach I worked with years ago who described people like them as being at the very bottom level in terms of how they act.   Miserable, lashing out, don't consider they are the problem, etc.   I see them as that.   People like them cannot be appeased or made happy until they have a reckoning with themselves over how they go through life and how they act.

The Reeds are very similar to my in-laws, who are far, far worse actually.  Thankfully for the rest of the world they are not much in the public eye.

—Adam

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, imsys0042 said:

Yeah, the Bill Cosbys of the world are worse.   I guess I mean that they are toxic about so many things and they just have issues with so many people or entities.   There was a life coach I worked with years ago who described people like them as being at the very bottom level in terms of how they act.   Miserable, lashing out, don't consider they are the problem, etc.   I see them as that.   People like them cannot be appeased or made happy until they have a reckoning with themselves over how they go through life and how they act.

And yet, of the people who have actually interacted with and know Patrick Reed, around Texas and his coaches and so on, many of them speak very highly of him. He's generous to members and golfers, with both his time and his money. His coaches enjoy working with him, and attest to how much he works and how well he treats them.

You're making comments about someone you know on about a 0.01% level. You don't even know me beyond a few low single digits percentage; you know someone like Patrick Reed even less.

And you're not necessarily required to in order to have an opinion, but limit it to the part of him that you know: his role as a celebrity or a golfer or whatever. Maybe get off the hyperbole train before you say things like "Reed is about the most toxic person I have ever heard of."

I don't know what he's doing with these lawsuits; I'm not really following it. On the surface they seem stupid and groundless, like he is just making trouble for people and enemies for himself. I think it's sad. I have always liked him, I guess because people seem to dislike him so much. 

On cheating...I'm always skeptical of these kinds of stories, because people do lie and make things up to slander others, and then stories get repeated and embellished. Maybe he cheated, maybe he didn't. I don't think cheating is uncommon on tour. There was the whole Gary Player Tom Watson thing. In a match play event probably 30 years ago, I remember watching Paul Azinger blatantly cheating by improving his lie in the rough with these repeated practice swings which were smoothing the grass down behind his ball. In a blog post recently, Geoff Shackelford went off on modern tour pros stepping on the ground behind their ball to improve their lie. Lexi Thompson had the issue marking her ball. Cheating occurs. It's wrong, it should be called out, and penalized. But people should not be branded for life as "cheaters" IMO. Mistakes are made. If someone is a "good guy" everyone likes, people sometimes look the other way at questionable actions. But if you're Patrick Reed with a "reputation" for cheating, everyone is watching you out of the corner of their eye, and everything you do on and off the course is viewed through that lens. The fact that he was probably abused makes one even more inclined to be a bit more sympathetic towards him. 

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

3 hours ago, iacas said:

And yet, of the people who have actually interacted with and know Patrick Reed, around Texas and his coaches and so on, many of them speak very highly of him. He's generous to members and golfers, with both his time and his money. His coaches enjoy working with him, and attest to how much he works and how well he treats them.

You're making comments about someone you know on about a 0.01% level. You don't even know me beyond a few low single digits percentage; you know someone like Patrick Reed even less.

And you're not necessarily required to in order to have an opinion, but limit it to the part of him that you know: his role as a celebrity or a golfer or whatever. Maybe get off the hyperbole train before you say things like "Reed is about the most toxic person I have ever heard of."

You're right, and it goes to show how a few incidents in the public can throw your reputation under the bus. I know almost nothing about Reed, except for having seen him play golf on TV several times and read about various incidents in here and articles online. My impression is not a good one, at least of the professional golfer/public persona, but "the most toxic I have ever heard of" doesn't exactly fit the bill, even within the small group of people playing professional golf. 

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

It is tough for me to judge a person just based on a handful of decisions due to not knowing the nuances of the situation. The nuance are numerous. All I can say is, I do not think he is handling this LIV stuff very well at all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 hours ago, saevel25 said:

It is tough for me to judge a person just based on a handful of decisions due to not knowing the nuances of the situation. The nuance are numerous. All I can say is, I do not think he is handling this LIV stuff very well at all. 

Agree. Also, his wife’s tweet don’t help his cred any.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 6 months later...

Interesting.

• Informative 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator

I'm curious when this crash/wreck occurred. Was Reed driving it at the time?

Supposedly that car auctioned out at 132k. "I am sure those dents will buff right out" (one of the comments from the tweet)! 

• Funny 2

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

On 4/26/2023 at 10:41 PM, phillyk said:

Interesting.

• Funny 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, TourSpoon said:

Supposedly that car auctioned out at 132k. "I am sure those dents will buff right out" (one of the comments from the tweet)! 

Parts. Engine probably almost intact. Console. Seats.