IGNORED

Is Golf Back to Normal Where You Play?

Zippo
Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Sounds like your course is a bit greedy.  Next thing you know you won't be able to use your own clubs... you'll have to rent.

Pretty common at high end clubs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Pretty common at high end clubs.

But high end clubs should have better push carts no? The few I’ve played at had Clic Gear, although a slightly stripped down version.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

High end clubs typically want you to carry or take a caddie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Is there a pushcart stigma on high-end courses?

I remember reading some old Golf Digest article quoting Trump as saying pushcarts are "a bad look".

To each their own. I got little interest in places like that. 

Idiots are back. There’s a par four dogleg right hole with a hazard at the bend on my league course. There’s a bridge there too! But while we were playing, a grounds crew member was posting signs to keep idiots from driving though the hazard. There were cart tracks in it. They were lucky that the cart didn’t get stuck.

Scott

My Swing Thread

The GAM, (Golf Association of Michigan), is going back to shotgun starts for some of their tournaments, after a year of 1st hole tee-offs only. They figured with 1st hole only tee times that it would cut down on golfers congregating during C19 pandemic. Although, with Michigan covid ramping up, we will see.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

No. We've rolled back to phase 2. Which means no rakes, no ball washers, etc. Bunkers are GUR. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

On 4/2/2021 at 4:21 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

You're in Florida dude.  The land of denial.

The Land of "They got it right".

Almost back to normal.

Masks NOT mandatory, since the Governor's Mandates were ruled unconstitutional (rightfully so).  Wear them if you want to.  Maybe 5% to 10% wear them inside.  One or two of the employees wear them...it's their choice.

We can pull the flags if desired.  Still have the foam in the cups.

No ball washers, no rakes.  No limitations on carts.

Beer carts are working on the weekends.

Edited by windlaker
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, windlaker said:

The Land of "They got it right".

Almost back to normal.

Masks NOT mandatory, since the Governor's Mandates were ruled unconstitutional (rightfully so).  Wear them if you want to.  Maybe 5% to 10% wear them inside.  One or two of the employees wear them...it's their choice.

We can pull the flags if desired.  Still have the foam in the cups.

No ball washers, no rakes.  No limitations on carts.

Beer carts are working on the weekends.

No politics please.

Scott

My Swing Thread

In just the past week or so the pool noodles are out of the cups, and rakes are back out.  We've had food and beverage service on the deck all along, with limited indoor seating all along, and we still have limited seating indoors.  We're seeing a lot more two-person carts now as people are being vaccinated, but you can still ride as a single.  We're not planning any shotgun starts for tournaments yet, trying to avoid larger gatherings.  So we're progressing towards normal, not there yet.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:26 AM, mcanadiens said:

I remember reading some old Golf Digest article quoting Trump as saying pushcarts are "a bad look".

To each their own. I got little interest in places like that. 

I think at the local Trump golf club, trolleys aren't allowed, caddies are highly encouraged.  Yet if you go to the home of golf, all the locals use trolleys.  Ah well, we all have our own opinions.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Depends on the course in the South Sound, WA. Privately owned courses are leading the way back to adding rakes, etc. No course I play is back to normal. 

The final piece is in place and golf is (almost) back to normal. Outhouses have been installed again on the course. Not such a big deal now that everything is leafing out again, but still.  😉

The only thing missing is to have the Canadian border open again and have those golfers back on the course but, in the meanwhile, it's golf when you want no tee time required so that's good.

Chambers is still requiring players to park at the practice facility and walk up to the first tee. At least the grill and other facilities remain open even if Pierce County went back to phase 2.

9 hours ago, Zippo said:

The final piece is in place and golf is (almost) back to normal. Outhouses have been installed again on the course. Not such a big deal now that everything is leafing out again, but still.  😉

The only thing missing is to have the Canadian border open again and have those golfers back on the course but, in the meanwhile, it's golf when you want no tee time required so that's good.

Why do I picture these two from your post?

3B95FADF-20A1-4372-9F3B-110B452EE9AC.jpeg

Uncle Buck.
A9270386-BB61-40D8-A8F1-43BC751AE565.jpeg

• Funny 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

It's been back to normal here since May of last year. Well, they finally removed the pool noodles from the holes last month, so now it's 100% back to normal. 

- Mark

Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!