IGNORED

Is Golf Back to Normal Where You Play?

Zippo
Note: This thread is 1071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The course I usually play has now removed all of those 1/2 noodle thingies that blocked the bottom of the hole and has also reinstalled the benches at the tees. I expect that once the chance of freezing is well and truly passed we'll also see the ball washers filled up and functional and maybe even outhouses again!

Is your course "back to normal"?

41 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Is your course "back to normal"?

With regards to most of the stuff you listed, no. I actually forgot that my course had benches until you mentioned it.

However, bar/food service has opened back up, but you can only order at a window, and there is no indoor seating as of last weekend.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Our Club/Course is and has been running normally for the last nine months. There are a few exceptions being that the pin/flagstick has an easy lift mechanism to extract the holed golf ball. Our club carts have optional plastic barriers if people choose to ride together. Those of us who own our own carts are free to have passengers if we wish.

Masks are worn inside the pro shop and upon entry into the bar/grille are until seated. 

Our community/club has not suffered an outbreak of Covid the entire time. 

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

Yep. Back to normal as of a few months ago.  The clubhouse requires a mask & there is tape on the floor to keep people distanced inside. The carts get sprayed down with gloop.  Otherwise, it's golf as usual.

There is still a limit to the number of people in the clubhouse but the courses I've played are back to normal.   Masks are still required although the rule is very laxed.  

Although, we woke up to snow on the deck this morning!   Today is forecasted with a high of 35°!   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Our course had been back to normal for about 9 months also. We don't even have anyone wearing masks in the clubhouse other than employees. 

8 hours ago, Frank F said:

There are a few exceptions being that the pin/flagstick has an easy lift mechanism to extract the holed golf ball.

That's funny, I played a course down in Venice about a week ago and they had those in the holes. That was the first time I'd seen one. 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Our course, has been back to normal for many months, no noodles in the holes, rakes in the bunkers, and the number of rounds have been up dramatically. 

Clubhouse is still masks inside, but bar is open, seated dining is open and they have made all kinds of changes to outside seating to make it more comfortable in the cold weather.  So there have been lots of people at the course and I only know of one staff member who has had Covid and they got it from a family member on a trip to the outer banks.  

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

36 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Our course, has been back to normal for many months, no noodles in the holes, rakes in the bunkers, and the number of rounds have been up dramatically. 

Clubhouse is still masks inside, but bar is open, seated dining is open and they have made all kinds of changes to outside seating to make it more comfortable in the cold weather.  So there have been lots of people at the course and I only know of one staff member who has had Covid and they got it from a family member on a trip to the outer banks.  

We still have the pool noodles in the holes, and/or the little mechanical ball extractors (which I kind of like... the extractors, not the noodles.). 

Masks inside is still a requirement. I'm totally okay with that. The weather has been better than expected so far this year, so eating outside has been my preference anyway. Golf is fairing so much better than many other activities during this pandemic. 

We still have a lot of people in this state who want vaccines and can't get them for one reason or another. Until that gets caught up, I don't think we'll get truly back to "normal" golf. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Why no poll @Zippo?

Except for masks in the clubhouse, and foam noodles still in the holes (which, whatever, I'm taking it out when I want to these days), things are nearly normal. More than 50% there, anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Pretty much been back to normal for a while with the exception of the foam in the bottom off the cup.  You will see some people wearing masks and others prefer to pull their own bags but it doesn't affect the golf

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

On 4/1/2021 at 5:08 AM, Bucki1968 said:

Our course has been back to normal for about 9 months also. We don't even have anyone wearing masks in the clubhouse other than employees. 

You're in Florida dude.  The land of denial.

Still have the shallow "covid cups".  No ball washers.  Some courses have rakes out, others not. No water jugs. And, alas, no beverage cart girls.

My son had two balls pop in and out of the cup the other day. I gave them to him.

5 minutes ago, Esox said:

And, alas, no beverage cart girls.

Covid will truly be in the rear-view mirror when the adult beverage cart girls/guys are back.  Kinda like the swallows returning to Capistrano.

I honestly do not know, but I seriously doubt it. I’m not sure it ever will. 

48 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

You're in Florida dude.  The land of denial.

My wife continues to remind me that I’ve been an a**hole since we got back from there. Of course I am. That happens after a week of tasting freedom again.

- Shane

37 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

My wife continues to remind me that I’ve been an a**hole since we got back from there. Of course I am. That happens after a week of tasting freedom again.

I hear you on that!  We are a country that loves its freedoms.  And they've been in short supply lately.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Why no poll @Zippo?

Except for masks in the clubhouse, and foam noodles still in the holes (which, whatever, I'm taking it out when I want to these days), things are nearly normal. More than 50% there, anyway.

Good question, @iacas. I considered a poll but decided that my question was a bit too amorphous for a poll. I also wasn't sure if a poll would be appropriate and decided to err on the side of caution. Lastly, I've seen questions turned into polls later so I figured if I had erred too far on the side of caution one of our esteemed moderators would pollerize the post for me.  🙂

Also, when I mentioned my local course conditions I didn't think of rakes as there are no sand bunkers on the course I play. And, I should have mentioned that masks are still required when entering the clubhouse. One of us puts on a mask to go in and buy the beer for all which we proceed to drink outside after the round. The people I frequently play with have also been vaccinated which means that, while I'm still a bit distant in my seating, I no longer fixate on jockeying for the upwind chair!

Note: This thread is 1071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!