IGNORED

Brooks-Bryson Feud

ncates00
Note: This thread is 884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I think it might be affecting their golf.

BK is playing pretty good though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a factor this week. I'd say BDC will be on a plane Friday night.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Of the two I would have to say Brooks is far less affected by the "feud" and more likely to use any perceived slight as fuel.  He has done it before by using a chip on his shoulder to win majors.  Remember reading a recent article where he said getting excited for regular events was very difficult, but majors was where the desire kicked in

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Just now, pganapathy said:

Of the two I would have to say Brooks is far less affected by the "feud" and more likely to use any perceived slight as fuel.  He has done it before by using a chip on his shoulder to win majors.  Remember reading a recent article where he said getting excited for regular events was very difficult, but majors was where the desire kicked in

I agree. BK almost feeds off drama to propel him to play well. Almost "like Mike"-like. Creating those rivalries in his head or something to fuel him type deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I agree. BK almost feeds off drama to propel him to play well. Almost "like Mike"-like. Creating those rivalries in his head or something to fuel him type deal.

Was there any drama going on before any of his previous majors? I don't remember him saying anything like he's being doubted to win. Most of the time they talked about him being a favorite. I am not sure I would go this far, but I wouldn't doubt he does it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Was there any drama going on before any of his previous majors?

I dunno.

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I don't remember him saying anything like he's being doubted to win.

Drama doesn't have to be out in the open. As I mentioned above, he could've found anything or created it in his head to psyche himself up. Kind of like how I naturally hit the ball harder, hit a punching bag harder, or explode through some lifts better when I think of certain people.

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

but I wouldn't doubt he does it. 

That's all I'm saying really. A guy like him who went and ground it out on the Euro Tour before coming over here and balling in majors has to have something going on in that head of his. Sure, he's loaded with talent, too.

6 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I don't remember him saying anything like he's being doubted to win.

Again, drama doesn't have to be real, nor does it have to be public knowledge either.

8 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Again, drama doesn't have to be real, nor does it have to be public knowledge either.

Watch that Michael Jordan video on Netflix recently and you will see how he took slights that nobody else noticed and internalised it.  I guess Brooks does something similar.  It would probably just need some article saying that Brooks isn't the favourite to win a major and that would be the drive he needed for example.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

• Administrator

More proof Bryson is in Koepka's head:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Worst thing is letting someone live in your head rent free

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

More drama from Bryson?

“It’s just really, really painful when Bryson says something that stupid,” Ben Schomin, Cobra’s tour operations manager, told USA Today.

“He has never really been happy, ever. It’s like an eight-year-old that gets mad at you. They might fly off the handle and say, ‘I hate you.’ But then you go: ‘Whoa, no you don’t.’

“We know as adults that they really don’t mean that and I know that if I got Bryson cornered right now and said, ‘What the hell did you say that for?’ he would say that he was mad. He didn’t really mean to say it that harshly. He knows how much everyone bends over backwards for him, but it’s still not cool.”

Hmm... My opinion of Bryson has gone down more then. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

28 minutes ago, KMP said:

More drama from Bryson?

“It’s just really, really painful when Bryson says something that stupid,” Ben Schomin, Cobra’s tour operations manager, told USA Today.

“He has never really been happy, ever. It’s like an eight-year-old that gets mad at you. They might fly off the handle and say, ‘I hate you.’ But then you go: ‘Whoa, no you don’t.’

“We know as adults that they really don’t mean that and I know that if I got Bryson cornered right now and said, ‘What the hell did you say that for?’ he would say that he was mad. He didn’t really mean to say it that harshly. He knows how much everyone bends over backwards for him, but it’s still not cool.”

You should’ve provided some context here. These comments came after BDC said his driver sucked. These comments do not address the BK-BDC feud. 

28 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Hmm... My opinion of Bryson has gone down more then. 

I actually thought BDC meant it as not hitting the driver well. Not directly meaning the club sucks. But I can see how the Cobra guys took it as well.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

17 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

You should’ve provided some context here. These comments came after BDC said his driver sucked. These comments do not address the BK-BDC feud. 

7485fd5638c835d348652776ea9b4d42

Bryson DeChambeau has been accused of “acting like an eight-year-old” by his own equipment-makers...

Just the clarification of BDC and Cobra driver comment….

Edited by Vinsk
  • Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

In future news. Keopka just signed a massive new contract with Cobra. His only stipulation. Fire Bryson. Ha ha. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Yeah. That's not a real good look for ole Bryson.

At least the way they were talking about that course on the TV last night, it isn't a massive surprise that Bryson The Bomber might struggle a bit.

21 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

In future news. Keopka just signed a massive new contract with Cobra. His only stipulation. Fire Bryson. Ha ha. 

That's absurd.  All he did was buy Cobra some beer. :cobra: :beer:

• Funny 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Golf is finally entertaining again, I love it. 

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!