IGNORED

2021 (2020) Ryder Cup

jmanbooyaa
Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2021 Ryder Cup  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2021 Ryder Cup?

• Europe
    • U.S.A.
    • Tied (Europe Retains)

12 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm completely on the other side of the "brilliant move" by the Euros today:

I think it was a stupid move. They look like morons, their move is SUPER transparent, and half of the spectators might be Bears fans.

Dumb. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

TV schedule, omitted a few Live Streams.
Could have frost delays in the early morning rounds.

Thursday, Sept. 23
Golf Central – Live From the Ryder Cup: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Golf Channel

Opening Ceremony will be from 4 to 5 p.m.

Friday, Sept. 24
TV
Golf Central – Live From the Ryder Cup: 6 to 8 a.m., Golf Channel

Ryder Cup, Day 1: 8 a.m. and 7 p.m., Golf Channel

Foursomes at 8:05 a.m., 8:21 a.m., 8:37 a.m., 8:53 a.m.
Four-ball matches at 1:10 p.m., 1:26 p.m., 1:42 p.m., 1:58 p.m.

Golf Central – Live From the Ryder Cup: 7 to 9 p.m., Golf Channel

Saturday, Sept. 25
TV
Golf Central – Live From the Ryder Cup: 6 to 8 a.m., Golf Channel

Ryder Cup, Day 2: 8 to 9 a.m., Golf Channel; 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., NBC

Foursomes at 8:05 a.m., 8:21 a.m., 8:37 a.m., 8:53 a.m.
Four-ball matches at 1:10 p.m., 1:26 p.m., 1:42 p.m., 1:58 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 26
TV
Golf Central – Live From the Ryder Cup: 9 a.m. to noon, Golf Channel

Ryder Cup, Day 3: noon to 6 p.m., NBC

The 12 singles matches start 12:04 p.m. and golfers will go off at 11-minute intervals. Play will conclude around 5 p.m. The Trophy Presentation will then take place on the 18th green.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Informative 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Is it me or is their a preponderance of announcers with English accents on the Ryder Cup broadcast? Was there a coup? Is Queen Elizabeth II our ruling monarch again? Do I have to call fries ‘chips’ and apartments ‘flats’ now?😜

Scott

My Swing Thread

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Is it me or is their a preponderance of announcers with English accents on the Ryder Cup broadcast? Was there a coup? Is Queen Elizabeth II our ruling monarch again? Do I have to call fries ‘chips’ and apartments ‘flats’ now?😜

Ha! You have to say "well holed" instead of nice putt too.

As an anglophile (I lived in the UK for a while), I actually like British announcers in golf, something oddly soothing about it.

7 minutes ago, chspeed said:

As an anglophile (I lived in the UK for a while), I actually like British announcers in golf, something oddly soothing about it.

And a bit of Spotted Dick for dessert eh? I do like British beer. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Let’s get this started. It is showing that golf channel is running out of things to talk about. The 1st day 1st matches announced tonight. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

2 hours ago, chspeed said:

I miss Peter Alliss. He was as soothing as they go and provided an almost tranquil mood to a broadcast.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

22 hours ago, iacas said:

I'm completely on the other side of the "brilliant move" by the Euros today:

I think it was a stupid move. They look like morons, their move is SUPER transparent, and half of the spectators might be Bears fans.

Reminds me of what the Euro's did in 2004; signs up all over Oakland Hills - NO AUTOGRAPHS. Team USA took that to heart, they didn't even acknowledge the fans (this was a Tuesday practice round). And most of  the European players would walk along the ropes around the green and up to the next tee, they had sharpies with them, and sign tickets, hats, programs, etc. 

I'm not sure it mattered once the event started, because it was a completely different crowd and atmosphere on Friday when they were playing keeps. And there wasn't nearly the social media then, but still they were much more engaging with the fans; and it was appreciated. 

Players play, tough players win!

Nothing really surprising with the picks besides Rahm Sergio. Did not see that being a team or 1st out for Euros. I like the Keopka Berger pairing. That is a balls to the wall pairing. 

Paul and Hovland was a bit of a surprise. However the Euros have been saying all week everyone wanted to play with him so maybe not. They will be playing 2 of the most relaxed Americans should be good. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ryder Cup pairings - Foursomes

8:05 a.m. ET: Jon Rahm and Sergio Garcia (EUR) vs. Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth (USA)

8:21 a.m.: Dustin Johnson and Collin Morikawa (USA) vs. Paul Casey vs. Viktor Hovland (EUR)

8:37 a.m.: Lee Westwood and Matt Fitzpatrick (EUR) vs. Brooks Koepka and Daniel Berger (USA)

8:53 a.m.: Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schauffele (USA) vs. Rory McIlroy and Ian Poulter (EUR)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Ryder Cup pairings - Foursomes

8:05 a.m. ET: Jon Rahm and Sergio Garcia (EUR) vs. Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth (USA)

8:21 a.m.: Dustin Johnson and Collin Morikawa (USA) vs. Paul Casey vs. Viktor Hovland (EUR)

8:37 a.m.: Lee Westwood and Matt Fitzpatrick (EUR) vs. Brooks Koepka and Daniel Berger (USA)

8:53 a.m.: Patrick Cantlay and Xander Schauffele (USA) vs. Rory McIlroy and Ian Poulter (EUR)

As the post before yours says… 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

13519380-1cbe-11ec-abff-0692db7fc5b3

Tom Felton, the actor who played Draco Malfoy in the "Harry Potter" franchise, collapsed on...

Interesting here. Basically no revealed reason yet why he collapsed, just that he did. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Brooks said on the Golf Channel he didn't diss the Ryder cup the media put a negative spin on it, sad that Brooks won't man up to all he said. I will be surprised if USA win with the Brooks Bryson saga going on, I think the European players will not fell pissed if the partner hits a bad shot and that will be the difference. Going to enjoy the next 3 days..

Good luck to all the players....

Shocking the media put a negative spin on something. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

5 hours ago, Colins69 said:

Brooks said on the Golf Channel he didn't diss the Ryder cup the media put a negative spin on it, sad that Brooks won't man up to all he said. I will be surprised if USA win with the Brooks Bryson saga going on, I think the European players will not fell pissed if the partner hits a bad shot and that will be the difference. Going to enjoy the next 3 days..

Good luck to all the players....

Perhaps he has a bit of a poor attitude about the RC, but I’m happy to see folks share their feelings about things instead of just rattling off scripted statements. Sure, it’s a bummer he’s not super pumped for it, but maybe there’s more going on than we realize. Athletes are hardly the most open books out there or the most thoughtful in their statements. All too easy to read into things too much. 

I don’t think I’m buying the ‘y’all spun it that way’ comment. Yeah it’s different he said. But he could’ve said how the enthusiasm and excitement is different. How it’s different to be on a team which is cool. How the energy from the fans is different. He didn’t. It was hardly spun in a negative light. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, phillyk said:
13519380-1cbe-11ec-abff-0692db7fc5b3

Tom Felton, the actor who played Draco Malfoy in the "Harry Potter" franchise, collapsed on...

Interesting here. Basically no revealed reason yet why he collapsed, just that he did. 

Most likely the Cruciatus Curse.

• Funny 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!