IGNORED

Want to #GetInGEARS? Yes!

iacas

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

1 - You learn so much about your swing, it can be overwhelming. But @iacas will help you prioritize what to work on first. I have 3 big things to attack. One at a time. I'll need to work through each. One at a time, obviously. I really want to make a couple of big changes before I come back and do this again.

Yes, you will want to change those things and improve them, or… you'll essentially be wasting your time and $ because what will we work on the next time you visit? Your priority piece. And if it's the same thing, well… then that's what we'll work on.

(General "you" above.)

Was good to have you in, Chet, and we can talk more in your Member Swing topic and on CoachNow. The stuff you have to do is stuff you can certainly "see" on a video, so that's good, too. And stuff that isn't really a "high speed move" when you are working on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, iacas said:

The stuff you have to do is stuff you can certainly "see" on a video, so that's good, too. And stuff that isn't really a "high speed move" when you are working on it.

It was interesting though that it was able to clearly show me an error I was making in my set up. I'm pretty sure I would never have seen that myself. Even if I watched a thousand videos of myself. And you really don't get anything less high speed than set up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

LIST OF GEARS-Heads:

1. @Vinsk 💰
  2. @boogielicious 💰
  3. @Darkfrog 💰
  4. @Chris Brooks 💰
  5. @cipher 💰
  6. @ChetlovesMer 💰
  7. @billchao 💰
  8. @saevel25 💰
  9. @GolfLug 💰
  10. @BradSomrak 💰
  11. @coachjimsc
  12. @bjfox10 💰
  13. @Shindig 💰
  14. @georgep 💰

Updated (and removed the local players, as they've all paid and many are in the process of doing their sessions, and nobody here knows who they are anyway).

And @bjfox10 will be starting his tomorrow.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi everyone,

I had the opportunity on December 30th to get down to Erie so that I could take my first GEARS lesson. I’ve worked with @iacas dating back to (I think) 2012. If I did a bit of research I’m positive that I could find that the years that I have made a commitment to get down to Erie are the years that my game has grown. Years when I thought I could do it on my own (like the last 2) not so much. So, at the end of a frustrating season I decided to recommit this winter to try to make that push toward scratch. My plan was to make sure I got down to Erie when I could, get my equipment evaluated at TXG, and see if I could gain a bit of speed with TheStack.

When I saw this thread and that @iacaswas going to be working with GEARS it made it even more exciting. While I was excited to work on GEARS I was also a bit curious about how helpful it would be, I must say that the whole experience exceeded my expectations. The the whole experience is the key. Install GEARS in my home would be greatl but game would not get any better. I’d just have a bunch of data and wonder what to do with it. An instructor with @iacasskill level working in concert with the technology is what makes it a game changer. 

For many years I have attempted to improve my ability to “stay in posture” during my swing. My tendency has alway been to stand up a bit during my backswing, that leads to me tipping the club out a bit in transition, and then standing up a bit more so the club did not crash into the ground behind the ball. @iacasfocused on the pelvis trace to address the issue. The first thing I needed to improve was my lateral shift to my trail side. Before the lesson I thought I was making this shift because I was getting pressure into my trail heel, GEARS was able to show me that there wasn’t a lateral shift, I just sort of moved backwards or behind me. After we discussed how to improve this move I was able to play with different feels or moves and see the results in real time. That made a huge difference! The move or feel that ended up creating the correct pelvis trace is a move (or feel) that I would not have believe to be correct without seeing it in real time. To me it felt like a hip slide that would lead to things like a reverse pivot. #feelisnotreal

I should have explained before that the goal was to get the pelvis trace to basically go back and forth sort of parallel with the target line. My move before the correction made the trace look like an arch that went out towards the ball. The move that to me felt like a hip slide quickly got the trace going parallel with the target line. There is probably a better way to describe it that was just the way I processed it. 

I’ll try to get some of the videos up that @iacassent me afterwards in the next couple of days so that you can see the change. In the meantime let me know if you have any questions. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

• Administrator
2 hours ago, bjfox10 said:

I should have explained before that the goal was to get the pelvis trace to basically go back and forth sort of parallel with the target line. My move before the correction made the trace look like an arch that went out towards the ball. The move that to me felt like a hip slide quickly got the trace going parallel with the target line. There is probably a better way to describe it that was just the way I processed it. 

Here's a peak for others at what you're talking about (the blue is the "after" here, and yes, this is massively exaggerated, as we don't want players 6.4" forward at A4). 😄

BFox.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry folks, it took me more that a couple of days to get some of the images up. The first one is one at impact you can see my first swing on the left (very typical for me) I begin to come forward before I reach A4 and the continue to do so into.impact. By the end (image on the right) I was able to stay up against that line. And, we focused on the backswing most of the lesson. Getting that in a better position makes the rest a lot easier. 

Of course, a very important component to a lesson is can you repeat it at home and can you repeat it at full speed. I was able to film a couple of swings today and I was very excited about some of the results. Pictures on the left are from a year ago and the right is today. Some of the things I was able to do today I have been attempting to do for a very long time. 

I’m not sure what would be most helpful for folks in the forum, so if you have any questions let me know. Or, if you would like to see other images I can certainly post them. In my opinion, the things (feels) that have made the biggest difference for me are the set up, the take away feel I described in the previous post, and the Advanced Shoulder Tilts (day 28 of the 30 Covid challenge).

In the set up, I have always struggled to get enough knee bend. Every time I tried, I ended up sitting back more on my heels. During the lesson @iacastold me that what was needed was more flex in the ankles between the feet and shin bones. For what ever reason, that idea worked much better for me. I went into decent detail about my takeaway feels in my previous post but I also like the Shift and Turn Wall drill @iacashas on the Golf Evolution site. From there it is the feels from the Advanced Shoulder Tilts. From what what I can see on camera that keeps my pelvis on the line. 

All and all this is very encouraging. Once I worked on the shoulder tilts the contact became much better. And, I was able to generate enough speed with a 7 iron to active the Flux Capacitor! 😀

Open Gears - Sports 2021-12-30 14-17-49.png

January 16th 2022.jpg

January 16th, 2022 A4.jpg

January 16th, 2022 A7.jpg

January 16th, 2022 A1 FO.jpg

January 16th, 2022 A7 FO.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

• Administrator

Love the last image especially. Fix impact by letting impact be more natural with fewer compensations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks @bjfox10 for taking the time to provide such a detailed report. This is going to help those of us coming behind you immensely.

-Chris Brooks

I've blogged about my wanderings since 2003. I love roaming throughout the USA looking for remote public golf courses to play.

• Administrator

If you're on the list above, let's talk and start to schedule some of these things. Even if tentatively.

LGLG! 🙂

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, mchepp said:

So cool seeing everyone reviews of the experience. Thanks for sharing everyone who has.

Come on out Michael!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Wooo!

Got an installation on a 55" TV in my basement now. So, I don't have to get to Golf Evolution to pull up videos, sessions, etc.

IMG_1329.jpg

(The software, of course, not the cameras, etc. They call this a "viewer" installation.)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

First time on GEARS this past Sunday. I really enjoyed the experience. It gives you such quick feedback and much more detail into what is happening in the golf swing. Video is good, but you can miss some important details in trying to just look at video of a swing. GEARS is definitely a big step up. I highly recommend at least trying out GEARS once. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Schedules are getting tighter for those looking to get their sessions in.

I will say that April 2-3 and April 9-21 are pretty much no go times, as I'll be out of town a good bit during this time or with my college team.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I do not need to bring my clubs right?

You should. 🙂 At least a 7I, possibly also a driver.

17 hours ago, iacas said:

You should. 🙂 At least a 7I, possibly also a driver.

Oof…. I can’t imagine getting down to the nitty gritty and working on my swing with someone else’s clubs.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here