IGNORED

2022 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, billchao said:

But then how do we determine which set is #1-9 and which set is #19-27? Alphabetical order? :-P

Doesn't matter. If you're playing those courses, and counting them as hole #1, #10, or #19… it's the order in which you play the nines (in case you start in a shotgun on hole #5 for that course, it's still #5, and hole #1 on the next course is still hole #10 that day, etc.).

Simple!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Darn, I birdied hole 12 today at Mesa Linda and I already had a hole 12 birdie (Big Rock in La Quinta).  All that great ball striking and a great putt (12' down hill with some break) and the joy of the birdie and I don't even get another mark on this challenge for it ;-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

So let's see… two away rounds, including:

• Eagle on #8 (betters a birdie)
  • Birdie on #9 (new)
  • Birdie on #15 (duplicate)
  • Birdie on #6 (duplicate)
  • Birdie on #18 (duplicate)

On my away course I need… 1, 3, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, and 14.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

For the second time in two weeks, I birdied a not-home course's hole 14.  Both times it was a par-5. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

And then, there were none. Birdie 6 today, from 40 feet. Missed my 5 foot putt the day before and make a long one to finish them all.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 hour ago, jsgolfer said:

And then, there were none. Birdie 6 today, from 40 feet. Missed my 5 foot putt the day before and make a long one to finish them all.

Good job, and congratulations. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Finally birdied #14 on my home course. It's a 510 yards par 5 where driver is not the play from tee. We played from the back tees (6800 yards, rating 75,0, slope 152) yesterday, to practice a bit before the Club Championship next weekend (don't know if I will play it yet) and this is fortunatley not one of the holes that grows much in length from the 62 tees (only about 8-10 yards). I smashed my 6i from the tee about 223 yards to the left side of the fairway, and hit a really good 8 i from there (205 yards) and was left with around 75 yards to a front right pin. The fairways are hard and dry now, so you get a lot more roll than usual right now. Did a little knock down 50% AW from there and it checked after the first bounce 6 feet short of the pin. Aimed the putt 4 inches outside right end it was never any doubt it would end up dead center. 4 good shots in a row on a day where my game was a mixed bag to say the least. Over a stretch of 7 holes (#7-#13) I went +16 plus had a triple on #4. There was plenty of good shots too, but what a mess of a round. Ended up shooting 94. 

Open photo

Now I only miss hole 13 and 17 on this years list. Can't believe I haven't birdied hole 17 yet actually, as that definitely is one of the more gettable holes on the course. Hole 13 is a bit tougher, but if you hit the fairway there you usually end up with a decent look. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

Hole 18.  12/18.

image.thumb.jpeg.7f59fb8396379f3ce578913d0296094b.jpeg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

Bah. Birdied 2, 5, and 6 on a nine-hole course on Friday… and I already have those on my away composite.

I don't remember the last time I played WW. But I'm at least scheduled to play it on Friday.

Played my first round of golf in over two weeks. Birdied 16 at Quail Brook.

04B46C3D-9A26-490A-A6FB-9F0BAF51258C.png

Hit a good drive and decent approach shot, despite it coming up short. It needed to fly one more yard and then it was going to bounce onto the green and roll towards the hole. I decided to putt through 8’ of hairy fairway instead of chipping it and holed it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

We played the "Home" course today and I birdied 5 (dup) and 11. Number 11 (par 3) was playing pin front at 144 yards. I hit 9 iron to 5 feet and converted the uphill right to left for a 2. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Birdied hole 4 today. That's a tough one to birdie, but it also probably shouldn't be. It's another driveable par 4 but it's a pretty significant dogleg right. One of those holes if you have a banana slice but picked a good line your in excellent position. The green is also the most difficult one on the course.Took my usual aggressive line and smashed the driver, it was a good drive for me, too good actually, went over the green and was left short sided. I chipped on with my 60° and thought I didn't get enough on it but it just rolled and rolled to maybe a foot. Tapped it in for birdie.

It was a weird round for me, it was usually either good or bad, and I could only get through 8 before it was too dark, but it was a nice night and it was another round where I just went out for exercise and to spend time with the family.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

Finally 3 new birdie holes this week.  One on Wednesday during league, and two this morning during Round 1 of the club championship (currently tied for 4th Gross & 2nd Net, in my flight).  A couple new birdies holes tomorrow will certainly help both causes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Birdied #1 at Green Knoll again, so it's a repeat. Thought I had a chance at holing my pitch shot for eagle but it just missed and rolled past the hole.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Need 2, 4, 5, 11, and 12.  Feels like about a month since I've gotten one.  Have been close to getting 4, 11, and 12 in the past two weeks.  Have only been on 2 in regulation a couple of times this year, and none close.  Five has been a nemesis hole for me this year where it usually isn't.    

John

I made two birdies today. I had a couple of other very good chances at birdie as well. Unfortunately the birdie I made on 15, was one I already had. 

15 is a par-5 and I hit the green in 2 leaving a 10-12 footer, up hill for Eagle. I left it just a bit short. Tap in birdie is cool. But an eagle is cooler. 

• Thumbs Up 3

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I was invited to play 18 holes with friends today.  Due to traffic, I played 16.  And, for the first time in ages, and only the second or third time in my life, I made birdies on consecutive holes, after great (read: lucky) approach shots with a hybrid.  I think the putts were 3-4' and 6-7'.   One was hole 12, which at the start of the month I had birdied once, with a chip-in, and now I've birdied twice this month.  The other was hole 13, which at this course (my former home course) I don't think I had ever birdied before.  Anyway, 13 is now marked off on the composite.  And wow is there a difference in birds first and second nine -- two distinct on the front, missing only #18 on the second nine (and I play a lot of courses that close with a par-5, you'd think I'd get luckier with a wedge now and then than with a hybrid).

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

A bookend on the front 9 with 1 and 9, followed by a bounce back birdie on 13 after a triple (Gasp!!!) on 12 for a 77 (76 for handi). Only 9 counts and it leaves only hole 10 left to complete the challenge. 

The wedges got it done today with SW to 10 feet on the par 5 - 1, smashed drive and 80 yard lob to 8 feet on 9, and 13 was another big drive and 125 gap wedge to 20 feet. 

I missed a 10 footer on 14 for birdie, made a 6 footer on 16 for a par save and then missed a 3 footer above the hole for birdie on 17.  A pretty good round considering the dub and trip. I had a lot of looks and made 3 of them. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus