IGNORED

How Bad Is Too Bad?

Bucki1968
Note: This thread is 831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will play golf in any weather except...  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How bad does the weather have to be in order for you to NOT play golf?

• Rain is ok.
    • Rain and cold is ok.
    • Will do cold, but not rain.
    • Not playing unless sunny and warm

For me, I'll only not play if it's an and day. Meaning if it's cold and rain, I'm not going to play. If it's cold and windy, etc. If it's just cold or just rain, I'm still going to play. 

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 hours ago, DeadMan said:

For me, I'll only not play if it's an and day. Meaning if it's cold and rain, I'm not going to play. If it's cold and windy, etc. If it's just cold or just rain, I'm still going to play. 

I am pretty similar.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I opted for cold but not rain.  I must preface that by saying the coldest it gets where I live is 5 to 10 degrees Celsius which is 40 to 50 Farenheit, so at most pants and a thin jacket/sweater.  I don't like rain because the monsoon here is quite heavy, and the courses I play on tend to get soggy.  There are some courses with better drainage but I don't play them as regularly

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I'll play in single digit temps. I'll play when it's snowing. I'll play in rain, but NOT a rain below 40 degrees and most certainly not in lightning.

Edited by Esox

41 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

@boogielicious  What time do you tee off this afternoon?  What's a little bomb cyclone, major blizzard to keep a guy from playing golf?  It's LCP under the Kenan rules.

Teeing off in the basement in a few with some drills. It’s nasty outside!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

It’s nasty outside!

Describe nasty.   I awoke this morning to -9°!  

Hoping you guys don't get the bomb cyclone or whatever they are calling it.   Be prepared and stay safe.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

10 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Describe nasty.   I awoke this morning to -9°!  

Hoping you guys don't get the bomb cyclone or whatever they are calling it.   Be prepared and stay safe.

Sideways snow, 30-40 mph winds, 18F. You know, shorts weather.

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

No blizzards however. I also draw the line at low 30's when the ground is frozen.

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

18 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Cold and rain ok above 40 degs. Below 40 cold only.

Yup. 45° and pouring rain is perfect golf outing weather 😜

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

36 minutes ago, billchao said:

But Bill, in some ways, those are almost perfect conditions.  Skip the frustrating umbrella.  Wear a pair of rain gloves, cap, rain jacket, rain pants and golf shoes still under warranty.  Generally it's free-sailing on the course, nobody clogging up the holes ahead of you.  It's invigorating.  Remember to carry your flask...

52 minutes ago, billchao said:

Ok smarty pants, I guess I should have clarified pouring rain is just out of question at any temp...lol. 

But, yeah light rain is fine as long as it does not seep into the hands it's playable. Have played.

14 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Remember to carry your flask...

Yeah, I recommend Fireball. 😊

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

still under warranty.

Nice touch.ha ha.

Vishal S.

13 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Ok smarty pants, I guess I should have clarified pouring rain is just out of question at any temp...lol.

Nah man, it was a great day despite the rain.

14 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

But, yeah light rain is fine as long as it does not seep into the hands it's playable. Have played.

Light rain is great to play in. A lot of people won’t play in it so the course is fairly open.

• Funny 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!