IGNORED

2022 U.S. Open at The Country Club, Brookline, MA

Friz

Colin's random US Open thoughts:

David Lingmerth should be banned for being the size of a fire hydrant and having stubby arms and legs

Hideki should be banned for his striped shirts

Rory's swing.....sheeeeeesh

• Funny 3

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The ad with the kids mimicking Woods and Payne Stewart and I forget who else doing winning celebration is very cute.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

They just said no left hander has won the U.S. Open, but the other majors have seen such a winner.

Bubba won the Masters, Bob Charles won the British Open, ... which left handed person won the PGA Championship?  I do not believe one has done so.

In case anyone thinks I'm edgily ignoring Phil Mickelson, I will remind you he is right handed.

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

The ad with the kids mimicking Woods and Payne Stewart and I forget who else doing winning celebration is very cute.

I can't believe the disrespect that commercial shows to Hale Irwin.

Rory, don't throw clubs.  And if you throw clubs, throw them gently and to somewhere your caddie can retrieve them easily. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

12 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Hideki should be banned for his striped shirts

Pinstriped clothing have no place in professional sports.  I would bet the local crowd at this event would agree. 

The Dick's commercials with Sir Charles are funny.

"We need a new driver for the cart, too."

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

26 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Rory, don't throw clubs.  And if you throw clubs, throw them gently and to somewhere your caddie can retrieve them easily. 

Anyone who hasn't joined LIV prolly feels like they've banked a couple of three behavior mulligans to burn..

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

If someone is at the first tee in Brookline and is reading this as I write it, could you please inform Phil Mickelson he has something on his face that he should look into removing?  You'd think with the money he got paid for last week he could afford a shave.

I mean... he knew there would be cameras here this week, right?

-- Michael | My swing! 

24 minutes ago, Shindig said:

If someone is at the first tee in Brookline and is reading this as I write it, could you please inform Phil Mickelson he has something on his face that he should look into removing?  You'd think with the money he got paid for last week he could afford a shave.

I mean... he knew there would be cameras here this week, right?

Facial hair is pretty popular with the Saudi’s.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Good to hear the announcer acknowledge par-3s are hard.  It's true, you know.

-- Michael | My swing! 

2 hours ago, Shindig said:

They just said no left hander has won the U.S. Open, but the other majors have seen such a winner.

Bubba won the Masters, Bob Charles won the British Open, ... which left handed person won the PGA Championship?  I do not believe one has done so.

In case anyone thinks I'm edgily ignoring Phil Mickelson, I will remind you he is right handed.

I can't believe the disrespect that commercial shows to Hale Irwin.

Nicklaus nearly killed Doug Sanders at the 1970 British Open when he threw his putter in the air upon clinching the win.

• Thumbs Up 2

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

20 minutes ago, turtleback said:

Nicklaus nearly killed Doug Sanders at the 1970 British Open when he threw his putter in the air upon clinching the win.

A very Faldo-ish win!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Justin with a great par save at 9.  That tee shot was just how he drew it up, too, I'm sure.  Phil with a great didn't-make-birdie at a par 5.

• Funny 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

With the exception of having to watch Lingmerth, I’m enjoying this substantially more than the LIV Golf tournament.😃

• Funny 1

Rose with a great approach into 18 (his ninth). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

Infographic a moment ago showed that, in U.S. Opens since 1983, there haven't been more than four players tied for the lead after the first round.

While true, it's odd and felt cherry picked, especially since '80, '81, and '82 had fewer than four tied for the lead after the first round in each.

1979 had five tied for the lead after one round, though.

Odd info choice in the graphic.

-- Michael | My swing! 

After watching his performance on the 12th hole, I can only conclude that no one told Phil that his employer's bonus for shooting 54 was for eighteen, not nine, holes. 

• Funny 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

Phil just needs to stay with LIV ( retired) Tour or the Champions. He’s done here.

Just got in from work, what’s the craic? 
Is it just on Sky (uk) that there are goalpost graphics or does everyone have to suffer that abomination?

Stevie T