IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

On my last trip to the golf store, I bought a $96 used left-handed Callaway Big Bertha driver for my left handed friend who persists in using a persimmon headed driver.  So I and another friend did an intervention and presented him with this new driver.   He's got up to 90 days to decide if he wants to keep it and pay us back for it.   It's returnable for full refund.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bought a GEL Diamond putter, 34". Was looking for a cheap, shorther, lighter putter than my current YES! Stephanie to try. Tried the likes of Hotblade, Progen, Nike and cleveland (the last 2 in the sale at £50) but non felt as good. managed to get it for £15 in the Direct Golf sale.

just shows, its not the price that counts when it comes to putters

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Shotsaver SLR500 laser rangefinder on offer at only 70 quid (UK). Only tried it on the range, but seems brilliant for the money.

http://www.hotgolf.co.uk/product-p/slr500.htm

Callaway Big Bertha V Series 10.5 Driver stiff shaft
Benross Hot Speed 16 deg 3 fw
Callaway XR 22 deg hybrid
Callaway XR 25 deg hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 6-pw
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 48/54/60 wedges
Odyssey White Hot Pro Havok

Sadly, my local golf store closed a few months back. That leaves me with Dick's, Sports Authority, and pawn shops for golf shopping. That, or I have to make a 90-minute trip to St. Louis, or I have to stick to online shopping. I just bought a Game Golf off Amazon Warehouse Deals a bit ago, it should be here Wednesday, so hoping for the best there.

I have some extra money and might shop for a new bag (mine's a few months shy of 13 years old and has a bad stand leg and a lot of rust on the hinges), but I've been irrationally picky about that for a while. Oh, and I'm watching that 3-pack of Snake Eyes wedges on Golf Smith. It's $100, but it's gotten as low as $50 in the past, I think. I need to add some wedges to my bag, so those are something I'm watching closely for a sale price now.

Getting geared up for the 2016 golf season. Finally replaced my old Ping G2 driver with the purchase of a new Cobra Flyz adjustable 10.5 degree loft driver I purchased on ebay. I am trusting that the newer technology built into this new driver will help me improve my drives. I also bought a new golf towel and a bag of tees. May not be done shopping yet, wife says she wants to buy me a new set of irons or combination of irons and hybrids to replace what I currently have.

28 minutes ago, 9wood said:

Getting geared up for the 2016 golf season. Finally replaced my old Ping G2 driver with the purchase of a new Cobra Flyz adjustable 10.5 degree loft driver I purchased on ebay. I am trusting that the newer technology built into this new driver will help me improve my drives. I also bought a new golf towel and a bag of tees. May not be done shopping yet, wife says she wants to buy me a new set of irons or combination of irons and hybrids to replace what I currently have.

Hang on, your wife wants you to by new irons. You need to share your secret. I buy a bag of tees and im asked if i really need them!

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Nothing yet. Some how I'm going to need to manage new shoes before too long. Also hoping to earn some extra cash in busy season to replace the 3W. Distance off the deck is a rather big problem for me and I'm currently using a borrowed 3W anyway, so it needs out of my bag. 

3 hours ago, RussUK said:

Hang on, your wife wants you to by new irons. You need to share your secret. I buy a bag of tees and im asked if i really need them!

No, she doesn't want ME TO BUY new irons, SHE WANTS TO BUY ME new irons. She is probably thinking, hey if I buy him new irons maybe he will spend more time out golfing and give me more time to myself. There is a method to her madness.

• 2 weeks later...

Just put a Golf Pride MCC PLUS4 mid-size grip on my driver. Has less taper than a NDMC. I grip down quite a bit on my driver, hopefully, this will feel a little more natural with the extra circumference and less taper.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• 1 month later...

just got a new vokey sm6 wedge, 58.12. I play 714 AP1's up to W2, so no room for a 56 and 60 so want to try a 58 to see if it is a good compromise between the two. Also picked up 3 dozen bridgestone b330rx balls on sale for 20% off 

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5