IGNORED

2024 TST Outing - June 1/2 @ EagleSticks and Virtues

StuM

Apologies, I've been dragging my feet on coordinating child care.

I'm out for Saturday.  Count me in for Sunday.

• Like 1

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can still add players, so let's make this a large outing.  Please post if you want to join us for either day, or both days!

Below is updated with best information I have. PLEASE add/delete your tag as necessary.

Saturday, June 1st at EagleSticks:

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @saevel25
  8. @David L Yskes
  9. @Hardspoon
  10. @georgep
  11. @rwolfe
  12. @ChetlovesMer
  13. @CarlSpackler
  14. @Slice of Life
  15. @Ryguy22
  16. @DinnerTime

Hotel needed Sat. Evening:

1. @billchao and @boogielicious
  2. @David L Yskes
  3. @StuM and @DaveP043
  4. @saevel25
  5. @bkuehn1952
  6. @Ryguy22 and @DinnerTime

@Hardspoon/@iacas organizing their own room.

Sunday, June 2nd at Virtues:

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @Carl3
  8. @saevel25
  9. @David L Yskes
  10. @Hardspoon
  11. @georgep 
  12. @klineka
  13. @Ryguy22
  14. @DinnerTime
  15. @vasaribm

Below have express interest but have not confirmed.  PLEASE confirm one way or the other.

1. @Greenshirt100

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 hour ago, dudu3000 said:

I would like to play both rounds. Let me know more about the times and accommodations if you can.

Great,  below are details and I will be getting more specific next week.

• Saturday June 1st 
    • Eaglesticks Golf Club
    • 2655 Maysville Pike
    • Zanesville, OH 43701
    • Tee Times to be finalized, I see some indications for noon, or at least not 10:15am.  I have a call in to see what is available on June 1st but for now we have 10:15am.
    • They will provide an area for us to meet, eat & drink after the round
      • Foo & Drink available to order at your expense.
  • Sunday June 2nd
    • Virtues Golf Club
    • One Long Dr.
    • Nashport, OH 43830
    • Tee Times beginning at 9am
  • For those spending the night:
    • Hampton Inn near the Virtues
    • I need to get the correct address and will post.

For those playing ONLY on Saturday: $75 for the round which includes the cart.

For those playing both days & staying in the hotel: $239 per person - This price assumes Double Occupancy in the room for 2 golfers.  If you want an individual room for yourself to to stay alone or with a non-golfer that will need to be worked out.  For those staying in the hotel they a breakfast.  The $239 includes both rounds of golf, the hotel (Double occupancy) and taxes.

Also, once I have contact info on the hotel you may be able to book Friday night for those driving in on Friday.  Naturally, where you stay is your call but it would be nice from a "Social" standpoint if we were in close proximity to each other.

• Thumbs Up 2

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Thanks but I regretfully cannot make any of those dates. Have fun everyone!

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

3 minutes ago, paperclip said:

Thanks but I regretfully cannot make any of those dates. Have fun everyone!

Maybe next time

Stuart M.

Let me know when we take next steps to formalize things but I am in for the golf, think I will take care of my own accommodations but LMK where group is staying 

2 hours ago, dudu3000 said:

Let me know when we take next steps to formalize things but I am in for the golf, think I will take care of my own accommodations but LMK where group is staying 

I have you on for both Sat. & Sunday.

I will be posting some updates soon.

Would really love to get more golfers.  Reply if interested.  Time is running down.

Below is updated with best information I have. PLEASE add/delete your tag as necessary.

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @saevel25
  8. @David L Yskes
  9. @Hardspoon
  10. @georgep
  11. @rwolfe
  12. @ChetlovesMer
  13. @CarlSpackler
  14. @Slice of Life
  15. @Ryguy22
  16. @DinnerTime
  17. @dudu3000

Hotel needed Sat. Evening:

2. @David L Yskes
  3. @StuM and @DaveP043
  4. @saevel25
  5. @bkuehn1952

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @Carl3
  8. @saevel25
  9. @David L Yskes
  10. @Hardspoon
  11. @georgep 
  12. @klineka
  13. @Ryguy22
  14. @DinnerTime
  15. @vasaribm
  16. @dudu3000

Below have express interest but have not confirmed.  PLEASE confirm one way or the other.

1. @Greenshirt100

Stuart M.

UPDATE.....Please read

1. We still have time to add more golfers to both days, June 1st & June 2nd
    1. At this time he have reservations for 20 golfers on each day
    2. At this time we have 17 for Saturday at EagleSticks - Room for 3 more
    3. At this time we have 16 for Sunday at the Virtures - Room for 4 more
    4. Please post ASAP if interested.
  2. I need to give a more final count May 17th.
    1. They will accommodate a fluke last minute change but lets try to iron this out to they can sell tee-times if we do not need them.
    2. It will also be hard to add tee times.
  3. COST:
    1. If you are golfing both rounds AND staying in the "Stay & Play" hotel the cost is $252
      1. This includes Golf on Saturday & Sunday and Saturday night in the hotel (See below for hotel info.)
      2. If you want the "Stay & Play" I need to arrange that.
    2. If you ARE NOT staying in the hotel the cost is as follows:
      1. Sat. June 1st @ EagleSticks = $80
      2. Sun. June 2nd @ Virtues = $120
      3. You will notice the "Stay & Play" deal is hotel for only $52 extra which is a great deal.  If you want in on that let me know!
  4. Saturday tee times are: 10:15, 10:24, 10:33, 10:42 and 10:51
    1. I will try to get those spending Friday Night in the hotel in the early groups to allow others more time to drive in.
  5. Sunday tee times are 9:00 9:09, 9:18, 9:27am and 9:36
  6. Saturday after the round we will have an area at EagleSticks to gather for prizes, food & drink.  
  7. Sunday after the round is currently un-planned
    1. If we can guarantee 16 we can reserve a small room but there would be a hard charge @ $20 per head at the Virtues and we would have a simple buffet
    2. Likely we just grab a beer a dog and a table as available.
    3. Let me know if you think a more formal plan for Sunday after the round is needed.
  8. The "Stay & Play" hotel has changed
    1. Double Tree in Newark
    2. 50 North 2nd Street
    3. Newark, OH 43055
    4. 740-322-6455
  9. If you need a hotel for either Friday or Sunday nights you will need to book on your own.
    1. I was give an estimate of @ $249 for the Double Tree and do not know if there are better offers elsewhere.
  10. I will be arriving Friday, hoping for mid-late afternoon and would love to meet up for dinner with any that are in town.
    1. Time & Location TBD

Below are the names & have confirmed:

Would really love to get more golfers.  Reply if interested.  Time is running down.

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @saevel25
  8. @David L Yskes
  9. @Hardspoon
  10. @georgep
  11. @rwolfe
  12. @ChetlovesMer
  13. @CarlSpackler
  14. @Slice of Life
  15. @Ryguy22
  16. @DinnerTime
  17. @dudu3000

Here is what I have for the "Stay & Play" with Hotel for Sat. Evening.  We will need to "Double up" to extent possible.

2. @David L Yskes
  3. @StuM and @DaveP043
  4. @saevel25
  5. @bkuehn1952

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @billchao
  5. @boogielicious
  6. @bkuehn1952
  7. @Carl3
  8. @saevel25
  9. @David L Yskes
  10. @Hardspoon
  11. @georgep 
  12. @klineka
  13. @Ryguy22
  14. @DinnerTime
  15. @vasaribm
  16. @dudu3000

1. @Greenshirt100

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

@StuM when I called the course a couple of months ago they said you can mention that you want to add an extra night to the hotel when you book the package through them and the people who are in charge of the stay and play can handle it, did you ask them about that?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

(edited)
24 minutes ago, billchao said:

@StuM when I called the course a couple of months ago they said you can mention that you want to add an extra night to the hotel when you book the package through them and the people who are in charge of the stay and play can handle it, did you ask them about that?

I discussed it today but can call back and re-confirm.  I would love to be wrong on that point.

Note: That may have been before they changed the hotel due to lack of room at Hampton Inn.

Update on Friday Hotel:

If I can give a count to EagleSticks they can get us a discount on Friday night at the hotel.  I do not have the $$ but should be much lower than the $249 the hotel quoted me.

I do not have my list with me for the Friday hotels but if you want one, please post ASAP and I will get the rate and get them held.

Thanks @billchao for catching this.

Edited by StuM
Added "Note" at bottom

Stuart M.

5 minutes ago, StuM said:

I discussed it today but can call back and re-confirm.  I would love to be wrong on that point.

Note: That may have been before they changed the hotel due to lack of room at Hampton Inn.

Update on Friday Hotel:

If I can give a count to EagleSticks they can get us a discount on Friday night at the hotel.  I do not have the $$ but should be much lower than the $249 the hotel quoted me.

I do not have my list with me for the Friday hotels but if you want one, please post ASAP and I will get the rate and get them held.

Thanks @billchao for catching this.

Thanks for following up.

Since you're going to be booking the stay and play packages, does that mean you have to put up the money up front?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Thanks for following up.

Since you're going to be booking the stay and play packages, does that mean you have to put up the money up front?

No, they will collect the "Stay & Play" cost at the Virtues on Sunday. I was a little surprised by that, I would collect on Saturday, but I guess the person doing the reservations & bills is located at the Virtues.  I think we can trust that none of us are going to run out on the bill and leave us in a lurch.

• Thumbs Up 2

Stuart M.

@boogielicious and I are definitely in for the Stay & Play and will need the extra night's stay on Friday. I don't know what the plans are for our group on Friday but even if we don't make it for dinner with the rest of the Friday arrivals, I'll be more than happy to meet up somewhere for a beer or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

My Swing Thread

18 hours ago, StuM said:

I do not have my list with me for the Friday hotels but if you want one, please post ASAP and I will get the rate and get them held

to confirm, I'll need a hotel for Friday and Saturday, planning to share with you

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.