IGNORED

2024 U.S. Open at Pinehurst

colin007

I hate it when people use “facts” to argue against my feelings.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

I hate it when people use “facts” to argue against my feelings.

Yeah. Especially when they yell.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

To be fair, one of his points was that the field in the U.S. Open has a lot of qualifiers. The PGA has a pretty strong field, as did the Memorial.

He did himself no favors by calling out a single bold uppercased word as "yelling."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Buddy… Bolding and capitalizing one word out of over 120 is not yelling.

And seriously, be a student of history or something. The U.S. Open often gets harder as it goes on. -5 might end up as the winning score. Plus, there wasn't a ton of wind today. And… these players are pretty good.

The "these courses are too easy" takes can just go away. We've had enough with one person's perpetual posts on that topic, we don't need another.

Is there a list of “takes that can just go away” somewhere on the site so I can avoid getting on your lawn going forward?  And if bolding and capitalizing a word isn’t yelling, try sending an email with a topic you don’t agree on to your boss, or his/her boss with a key word bolded and capitalized and see how that plays.  Have a good one buddy.  

45 minutes ago, EnterSandTrap said:

Is there a list of “takes that can just go away” somewhere on the site so I can avoid getting on your lawn going forward?  

You're welcome to come on my lawn with any take you want, as long as you have facts that support your position.

If you come on my lawn spewing nonsense and don't back it up with facts then yeah I'm going to turn into the grumpy old man and tell you to get off my lawn.

What facts do you have that support your claim that this isn't the toughest test of golf in the month of June?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Round 2 early. I can see the grind taking it's toll on these guys already. Would love Rory to do it but my head says Cantlay. This is going to wear them out. Who can mentally last the pace.

1 hour ago, klineka said:

What facts do you have that support your claim that this isn't the toughest test of golf in the month of June?

The obvious answer is NONE

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 minute ago, woodzie264 said:

The obvious answer is NONE

Please stop yelling at me

• Funny 2

(edited)
15 minutes ago, klineka said:

Please stop yelling at me

Ok, back to the US Open. It is hard to read intent on the internet, and there was a misinterpretation of my intent to use bold and uppercase. 

Edited by saevel25
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Ok, back to the US Open. It is hard to read intent on the internet, and there was a misinterpretation of my intent to use bold and uppercase. 

Kinda feel like every time I stop in here to talk golf, it’s people arguing about nonsense..

there’s a great tournament going on. I love watching these majors and these groupings are awesome. Great golf!

Doesn’t look like anyone is going super low yet today. Doesn’t appear to be much wind yet either.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Doesn’t look like anyone is going super low yet today. Doesn’t appear to be much wind yet either.

Yeah, I would think balls not grabbing on these greens = defensive golf. On another note, I seem to have jinxed Scheffler and  Kentucky has declared a statewide national holiday in celebration. Groan.

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

Detry making some good length putts today. Defying probability with a pretty good round. +4.3 strokes gained putting. Not sure this is sustainable. 

Nicolas Echavarria, leading the field with +3.72 AVG strokes gained approach. He is -2.51 strokes gained putting. 

Right now, I would put money on Aberg, Top 10 strokes gained putting, top 5 strokes gained approach and leading in strokes gained off the tee. 

Rory's putter needs to heat up. Another all-around good play is Tony Finau, +1 to +2 strokes gained in putting, approach, around the green and off the tee. 

Live strokes gained and traditional statistics from every round of this week’s PGA Tour event in a customizable table.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Wild.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you don't think this course is difficult enough you should just stop watching golf.

Hovland is out, Scheffler just made the cut, Tiger has a lot of grinding to do to avoid an early weekend. I'm rooting for Ludvig or Rory. Cantlay can find a bush.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Aberg is making a name for himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

There are literally 75 golfers left on the course and instead they are showing DeShamblow’s ugly mug and highlights of his douchieness. It’s nauseating. Show golf NBC! Your paying Mike Tirico a lot of money to announce too!

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott

My Swing Thread