IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

I thought I would never own a TaylorMade club.  But at the golf shop last night, they had a set of 3 Rescue 11 FCT hybrids with Accra 50i shafts.  I hit the 18° 3-H on their monitor, which is actually fairly accurate.  Was killing it, so I went ahead on bought it.  I'm sitting here thinking that I might go back this morning after they open and get the other two ( a 21° 4-H and a 23.5° 5-H).

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

I'm sitting here thinking that I might go back this morning after they open and get the other two ( a 21° 4-H and a 23.5° 5-H).

I caved!  Just got back from getting the other two.

Two shirts (Page & Tuttle) with the Logo of the course I grew up on....Juniper Hills in Frankfort, KY.

Got to play there last week while visiting relatives.....shot an 87 & 88 from the Blues (6,250 yds)

Adidas Street Golf Shoes - White on White - but laced them up with the Black laces.  I picked them up at Dicks... Originally $89, on sale for $79... And the wife had a $20 coupon.  So I ended up paying less than $65 with tax and all.  They are very nice shoes for that price.

adidas_street_golf_shoes.jpg

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They sent it to me via e-mail as part of their new promotion for rewarding customers based on purchases.

Originally Posted by Lethal TX

Nice deal. Where did you find the 25% coupon?

Very nice people at roger dunn let me swap out my 910fd for a 910F. No recipt or anything just quality checked them both to make sure nothing was broken, loose, or shortened. Very pleased

Went over to my fitter here in Newport today... Looking at re-gripping my entire set with the Iomic grips.  Didn't pull the trigger yet... But I did buy some new Travis Matthews threads.  3 shirts all on sale.

Earlier this week I picked up a set (3H, 4H 5H) Taylormade R11 hybrids.  Then picked up a 2H a couple days later.  I really hate to say this, but I am in love with these clubs.  I'll be bagging the 2, 4, and 5 for now.

Today I traded in a bunch of clubs I have been picking up at garage sales here and there for a White Ice 2 ball center shafted putter.

• iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct links for Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package. Save 10% on Mevo with coupon code "IACAS" as well.
    • I got my first round in. I haven't used Game Golf in so long, I got out of the habit of tagging. Missed a few shots on the course, though it was pretty easy to edit in on my computer. Like @iacas, I also felt the editor was just okay. I didn't have an issue with the map size, but I found scrolling up and down a lot a bit tedious. I had to mess around with adding shots and penalties, though, so I had to spend more time editing off the map. The penalty functions weren't very intuitive. They seem to add an additional "dead shot" (does not appear to track the distance for your stats) for counting purposes as well as a penalty stroke. The lost ball one makes sense, as it gives you a marker with an X on it so you can mark off where you hit the ball that was lost, then your next shot is from where you played your last stroke to where you play your next one. But the drop ball function seems to work the exact same way, which doesn't make sense. If I hit into a penalty area I'm likely not taking S&D, so in order to make it work score-wise, I ended up just deleting the original tracked shot. I don't know if I'm doing that correctly. I didn't like tagging on my belt the way I used Game Golf. As Erik mentioned, the vibration is subtle and it doesn't beep. I often didn't know if it registered. Also the Game Golf unit was angled so you can tag the club hanging down at your side naturally. Tagging the Shot Scope requires bringing the club perpendicular to the ground. It's awkward and I almost hit a playing partner today while tagging a putt because he was walking past me and didn't expect me to bring the club up like that. Next time I'm going to try wearing the unit on my left like I do my Garmin and tagging by bringing the unit to the club. I might even stop using the Garmin if the GPS on the H4 is good enough. Didn't get a chance to compare today because I forgot my Garmin. I didn't know there was a pin marker function. I'm going to have to try that next time. So far I like the data it presents. It seems more detailed than Game Golf. I'll form a more complete opinion of it as I play more rounds.
    • I realize this got no traction initially. But for anyone interested, SwingLogic will be dropping this for pre-orders early in the week. No idea what the timeline is for delivery though. I plan to give it a shot. If it turns out to be comparable to the Mevo or R10, I'd imagine it'll do really well. 
    • Day 582: Worked a bit on another piece of having my upper center move toward the target in transition. I call it the Leaning Tower of Pisa feel. It is more for the irons. For driver, it doesn’t need to be as pronounced. Videos the practice.
    • Wordle 337 5/6 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨 ⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • day 77: played 18 holes as part of our monthly championship.. 
  • Today's Birthdays

1. DocP
      DocP
      (61 years old)
    2. Isaac03
      Isaac03
      (38 years old)
    3. phillyk
      phillyk
      (32 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...