IGNORED

The Mike Austin Method

LongballGer
Note: This thread is 3678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

None of you hit it longer than him, none.

Damn. You must not only be the best coach in the world but also have the uncanny ability to know how far every single person reading this thread can hit a golf ball.

Damn. You must not only be the best coach in the world but also have the uncanny ability to know how far every single person reading this thread can hit a golf ball.

He also cut the video short so we would not see the ball land well short of the fence.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So it seems like some of you guys have past experience with soon tourpro. I have to ask...Is he some whacko that is a legendary teacher in his own mind? Or is he just a guy that likes to troll around?

Just think how far he could hit it with Key 3 ... we'll just never know.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

So it seems like some of you guys have past experience with soon tourpro. I have to ask...Is he some whacko that is a legendary teacher in his own mind? Or is he just a guy that likes to troll around?

Yes and Yes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Probably just trolling around. I mean come one, the first video was just the same swing put back to back. I can do that with windows movie maker in about 15 minutes.

At least I hope he's a troll, if not then that is just sad.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

I wish he wasn't.

I'd love for someone who actually knows a bit about the Mike Austin swing (or the swing that has his name but that he doesn't teach properly) to be able to actually tell people why it's so much better.

Until then, Occam's Razor would tell you that they don't because they can't.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I wish he wasn't.

I'd love for someone who actually knows a bit about the Mike Austin swing (or the swing that has his name but that he doesn't teach properly) to be able to actually tell people why it's so much better.

Until then, Occam's Razor would tell you that they don't because they can't.

Oh Occam's Razor, such a cruel bastard

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I can make you hit it longer I added 50 yards once to a tour pro level player witin 5 minutes and 30 yards to his irons with his old swing mechanics but that dosnt prove anything, and more accurate but then again that dosnt prove anything

I hope you realize that the difference between the #1 tour pro in driving distance and the last tour pro is typically around 50 yards.

If you could do that, with anybody, it wouldn't be a secret.  It would be scientific breakthrough of epic proportions.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I can throw a house over a hedge. True story.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Heck 500 yards for @Ernest Jones is just his pitching wedge.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Will you teach me? I'm a tour level house thrower.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Few days old changing his mechanics is being done from that video and in progress.

None of you hit it longer than him, none.

The top video shows a really nice swing, but the speed of the ball does not look nearly fast enough to be over 250 yards, much less 350. I suppose some of it might be because of the cold? Unless, you are including the roll and slide you get on the ice in the background.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
The top video shows a really nice swing, but the speed of the ball does not look nearly fast enough to be over 250 yards, much less 350.

You really can't tell that kind of thing from a video like that. If the ball is moving straight away from the camera it will appear to be only shrinking in size, not actually going anywhere.

Let's not reach - there's plenty of actual material over which to quibble. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I may be wrong, but @soon_tourpro , don't I remember you posting that same bottom video quite awhile ago?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Soon_tourpro turned the modern golf teaching and how to improve at golf into a big conspiracy theory. Lol

- Jered

Every time someone posts hooey like this, I think of Professor Harold Hill in The Music Man with his "think" method.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3678 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!