IGNORED

Just ranting, #*$% Golf...

sp33d

On 9/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, Vinsk said:

Always a GD shank. 

I, for one, would be interested in seeing the most famous shot on TST on camera. I'm not even joking. You might as well have some fun with it. And as you know, around here.. we share.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I would say that’s unlikely being that it’s literally immediate. I hit a ball with the two ball then switch immediately. I actually once entertained my instructor by going back and fourth with about 10 balls using two balls, one ball, etc. I literally alternated my shanks to perfect rhythm. 

Put your phone (or headcover for less expensive-ness) just outside the ball. If you shank, you hit the phone. Would be a good reason to hit a good one. 😉

Whenever I’m playing with @Double Mocha Man, he gets a few shots that we say he vinsk-ed it instead of shanked it. 😂

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

1 minute ago, phillyk said:

If you shank, you hit the phone. Would be a good reason to hit a good one. 😉

That could backfire on you.  “Nuts! Now I’ve got to upgrade to the new phone I couldn’t really justify but now I have to.”

• Funny 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

4 hours ago, GolfLug said:

I, for one, would be interested in seeing the most famous shot on TST on camera. I'm not even joking. You might as well have some fun with it. And as you know, around here.. we share.

It’s certainly quite hyped up, though to be perfectly honest I played two rounds with @Vinsk and I can’t recall seeing a single one.

4 hours ago, phillyk said:

Whenever I’m playing with @Double Mocha Man, he gets a few shots that we say he vinsk-ed it instead of shanked it. 😂

Doesn’t everybody say that?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, billchao said:

It’s certainly quite hyped up, though to be perfectly honest I played two rounds with @Vinsk and I can’t recall seeing a single one.

Our round at Dave’s course. First tee, second shot was a cold shank. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, GolfLug said:

As you wish:

• Thumbs Up 3

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

6 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

As you wish:

Wow.. so you shank little quarter bunts too.. And it is not deliberate??.. Amazing and maddening at the same time!

Vishal S.

30 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Wow.. so you shank little quarter bunts too.. And it is not deliberate??.. Amazing and maddening at the same time!

Yep. I had a previous rough session of shanks with mid irons, well all irons, so I thought I’d just work on nice short chips and that was the result. Prior to that I hit about 20 nice chips in a row using the two ball drill. That video was me trying without the other ball there. Maddening.

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Our round at Dave’s course. First tee, second shot was a cold shank. 

Yea I honestly don’t remember it.

5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

As you wish:

I know you’re a tall guy, but you’re pretty hunched over here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

15 hours ago, phillyk said:

I have to remember that terminology

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

2 hours ago, billchao said:

I know you’re a tall guy, but you’re pretty hunched over here.

I’m sure I’m a lot of things in that clip.

• Administrator

Well, that's easy:

Easy.jpgEasy2.jpg

It's gonna be a combination of setup and swing stuff. But honestly the setup is going to do a lot of it.

I'm not over-confident, but… even in that little tiny swing, you can see some things. Your instincts. Your tendency. Your setup. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

55 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’m sure I’m a lot of things in that clip.

Agree with Erik. Bunch of basic stuff at set up prolly. For example, golf clubs don't like to be shoved out towards the ball with that hammer strong trail hand grip.. etc.

Vishal S.

I’m really looking forward to going to Erie.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

I’m really looking forward to going to Erie.

I suggest going before they have 24” of snow on the ground.😀

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

59 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I suggest going before they have 24” of snow on the ground.😀

Yeah….I’m going mid-October so maybe only 10-12” at that time….😃

• Funny 1

My rant for the day is coming from a family comp we play few times per year(Gladly) ... I must say not very enjoyable as of late ..and I'm sure actually hurts my game ... got a Great Competition coming up early NOV $12k in prizes 114 players max 2 ball teams .... so been playing local Comps as much as I can to build up to the Comp...

Now playing on Sunday in my family Comp we had like 6x in total ..so 2x  3 balls .....  Me my 70yr old Aunt - same age as me 43yr cousin along with his two boys under 10yrs old in a cart ....

I played rough most of the round only 5x holes I was dialled in ... I think many factors together made it tough,,,

- my 70yr auntie was shanking it left right overall having a shocker ...

-my cousin that swears he only plays coupe times a year and doesn't have a HC so in the rules we give hime the 24HC he believes is about right ...yet gets Birdies, drives 280yards ,, chips in par etc end up 7 under HC .... and did much the same the last time we played WTF ???

-one of his 9yr sons also teeing off taking sometimes 2-3 swings trying to hit the ball ...the other boy running a muck in a cart ...

... and for some reason I couldn't play ... one point took me 3x chips to go 30yards  ... muti 3putts even one 4x putt ... lost by 15 shots ... I'm playing 2-3x per weeks + practice etc ...what a chump 

• Thumbs Up 1

Go Foxy Go