IGNORED

Name one thing that is holding you back in golf.

golfdad
Note: This thread is 3615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Short game, inside 30 yards.  Feels like I have the yips chipping and pitching from 30 yards and in, usually results in fat shot left way short or too thin and flies / rolls over the other side of the green.

I'd actually rather hit out of a green side sand bunker than pitch or chip from same distance, pretty sad.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it is driving off the tee. If I am swinging well I score well but more time than not I have to revert back to a 4 iron off the tee. I really need to get fitted for driver and three wood shafts. It seems I am always trying to change my swing to fit the club and that rarely works.

It's really hard for me to be a stupid monkey. Always tend to complicate things. Working on that though.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Time and money. On the course it's being consistent on fairway shots and eliminating fat shots/shanks

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Greenside chips I have down. Pitching from 50-90 yards, down in three is a given, sometimes get up and down. It's those shorter shots, 10-30 yards off the green that you would like to get down in two, and that the pros do with alarming frequency, that have me stumped. I hit 'em OK, but seldom good enough.

Time and money.

But now that Obamacare is here, maybe I can stop work and chase my dream of becoming a professional golfer.  LOL.....

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Putting, I'm losing 2-3 strokes a round with bad lag putting either poor line or bad pace on the ball, Sometimes I just have an all out mental lapse while on the green and lose focus, the other day I hit a tee shot on a par 3 about 12' away and just blew it by a good 8' and of course miss the come backer, I knew the putt was a quick downhill putt but for some reason I didn't allow that variable become part of the execution, instead of a good chance for a 2 I walk away with a 4.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Work 8-5.  That's a killer.  Can only get out once a week.

Have seriously been thinking about getting an overnight job just so I can play more golf.

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Time/consistency. To me those go hand in hand. The more time I have to play/practice the more consistent I am. But, like someone said way at the beginning of the thread, if I try to play/practice more than 1 or 2 days out of the week it's like I've abandoned everything holy for the pursuit of evil! Ah, relationships, aren't they the best!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Lack of time with a club in my hand.

Between work and family responsibilities you only have so many open windows to play.  Then figure in spring weather...

I plan to give net practice in the back yard a go again.  It at least helps with swing consistency, and is much easier to find time for.

I am also looking at getting a putting mat for the garage.

Tempo. I get really quick in a hurry. Either I get frustrated and begin to grip tighter and swing harder, or I feel really good and start getting greedy and start going all Barry Bonds on it. I curse the 16 years I spent playing baseball. Never picked up a golf club until I was 18 and I regret it every day. Getting better though! Every 6 months I seem to drop my avg score a few strokes. It's time to break 90!!

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

Course management for me. Late last year I made rules up dictating what I hit off the tee based on the hole's distance (par 4's and 5's). Par 4's <350yds I hit an iron, 350-400 I could hit a 3 wood, and 400+ I could hit driver (given there wasn't a dogleg or obstacle I needed to lay up from). Par 5's <500yds I hit 3 wood and >500yds I hit driver. These being the only changes lowered my avg score about 5 strokes. I found myself playing more target oriented golf and focusing less on macho ball striking.

Note: This thread is 3615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!