IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

Started watching the Castle Rock series last week and have been pleasantly surprised. 

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Yellowjackets has been compared to Lost and rightfully so, it's quite the show to binge. The first episode was a little CW, a trudge to be honest, maybe it's my familiarity with NJ. I get establishing characters, but not every pilot can be Lost. Once it starts to get going, you're gonna get your Lost fix, but the question remains can it wrap up its mysteries in a satisfying way like say Dark.

I've always been intrigued with Yellowjackets but never tried it. If it's anything like Lost I might have to jump on board 

My Swing

Taylormade M1 | Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) | Titleist Vokey SM7 54/58 | Taylormade Spider X

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Resubscribed to Hulu for Prey but haven't watched Hulu shows for the longest time. Missed Conversations with Friends, Dropout, Plainville, all of those, well, except for Reservation Dogs. Finally started catching up by finishing first season of Only Murders in the Building. Very bingeable and funny and Steve Martin is still a wild and crazy guy.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished the Netflix tv scripted comedy, Mo. I never heard of the guy before, but he's a very established comic. He's Palestinian, so you get jokes with a perspective of someone who has experienced getting kicked out of his home among other things, but he's very funny and the show is shot in Houston, a city we don't see much of on tv which was cool, and I got some life lessons. I laughed... a lot. Here's the imdb description:

Mo Najjar who straddles the line between two cultures, three languages and "a ton of bullshit." The fictional Mo is a Palestinian refugee living one step away from asylum on the path to U.S. citizenship.

Also finished the Peacock show, The Resort, an amusing little mystery box comedy with Chidi from The Good Place and Cristin Miloti from the movie Palm Springs. A fun ride.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

Apple TV's Bad Sisters is pretty good. Funny. And the worst husband, ever, with respect to psychological abuse.

Steve

On 2/24/2010 at 7:34 PM, JetFan1983 said:

Television begins and ends with The Wire . Season 4 in particular is a masterpiece.

Its fan-base is comprised of people with legitimate attention spans who read books regularly. If you don't fall into this population, don't even bother. The writers spoon feed you nothing.

I need to update this. My all-time favorite TV show is definitely the Sopranos and it's not even close. It's interesting to me though that I didn't know that yet when I wrote this post over twelve years ago. I did enjoy the Wire, but it's not entertaining enough to have rewatch value like the Sopranos does for me. The Sopranos I feel I can almost watch over and over and it always continues to make me laugh. 

My favorite TV character is probably Dexter though. The supporting characters there just aren't strong enough to make for a show on the level of Sopranos, but Dexter himself is great.

Constantine

I quit Star Wars after that last movie, it was so bad. How many seasons of Star Wars tv shows have been made since, 5? Andor got me back watching Star Wars again, probably because it's the least Star Wars-y of all the new content that's been made. Veteran stage actors, practical effects, better writing, Nicholas Britell scoring. The first three episodes were good.

Steve

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

I have heard good things.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

White Lotus and Yellowstone are probably the best on TV at the moment. I watch both of those during the week though. I hope Yellowstone does not start running out of ideas to lose the grip though/. 

Vishal S.

We’ve been watching Wednesday  on Netflix. It’s been very good so far. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

We’ve been watching Wednesday  on Netflix. It’s been very good so far. 

Our family loved it - we all watched it together.  

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I watched the eight-episode show "The Recruit" on Netflix. I really like a nice spy thing, with intrigue and mystery and double-crosses. Even as fake as they tend to be (lots of loose ends can conveniently connect, lots of entanglements are lightly forced…), I still like seeing how clever the writers are in putting it all together.

I enjoyed it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hohjoe said:

So, NBC is returning with a remake of Night Court? The original wasn’t that funny, and I would expect this version will be worse. Triple bogey.

I actually really liked the original. But I expect the remake will be a letdown.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

How can you rate a show that hasn't premiered? With different times humor can change.   What we thought was funny in the 70s is almost boring today and some of today's comedy just isn't funny to old curmudgeons like myself.   I'm willing to give it a couple of episodes before adding strokes to the score.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Hohjoe said:

So, NBC is returning with a remake of Night Court? The original wasn’t that funny, and I would expect this version will be worse. Triple bogey.

You can't rate a show that hasn't even aired.

3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

How can you rate a show that hasn't premiered? With different times humor can change.   What we thought was funny in the 70s is almost boring today and some of today's comedy just isn't funny to old curmudgeons like myself.   I'm willing to give it a couple of episodes before adding strokes to the score.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

You can't rate a show that hasn't even aired.

I've seen the previews and those are typically the best part of a TV show or a movie. If the previews, and I believe they are, are any indication of the show then the show is terrible.