IGNORED

Pants or Shorts in Summer

Note: This thread is 3458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by OPIRIP

my anwser is pant.  who wear a short look like idoit and immature same little boy play.  I'm adult  period it.

Once the person wearing pants starts sweating it will look like they wet their pants and therefore they will look more immature.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Usually shorts, but I have a couple light-colored, light-material pants I might try this year, mostly to avoid having to try to apply sunscreen to hairy legs.  I have some lightweight, just off-white

It also depends on the environment.  If you're out in glaring sun in a dry climate (like, e.g., southern California), a lot of your heating comes from direct radiation from the sun.  Shading yourself

Once the person wearing pants starts sweating it will look like they wet their pants and therefore they will look more immature.

To answer your first question, I normally wear shorts in the summer... out here where I am it'll be around 105-110 in the middle of summer.  However, I've got some lightweight pants and they are pretty comfortable in the heat as well.  As far as cheaper alternatives, check out Target... they have C9 golf pants which are very similar to the ones made by Nike/UA/Adidas/etc.  These are the ones that I have, and like I said, they are pretty good especially for $30.  I also picked up a similar pair at Golfsmith on clearance for $20 made by Lynx... If I remember correctly they were around $40 originally.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by OPIRIP

my anwser is pant.  who wear a short look like idoit and immature same little boy play.  I'm adult  period it.

Yes to agree. What never wear to pants shorts are the stuff of men to wear!!

• Upvote 1

Shorts. Always shorts. I don't know if I could remain conscious playing in 103*F + humidity in pants.

Usually I wear pants because most of the courses I play at frown upon shorts.

But here in Japan during summer, it is so humid, no wind, that whenever I have the chance, I'll wear shorts. (or to the surprise of iacas, long shorts).

It is true that the pants made with fancy new fabrics from Adidas or Nike and the likes are very nice and let air circulate, though.

Pants all year round unless the humidity is above 95%, which is rare here in northern california. I find that it keeps the legs actually cooler, rather than having sun beat down on them. The key is finding pants that fit correctly and aren't too thick.

Shorts are for boy scouts fellas. Men wear pants. Why do the pros wear the pants? Because they're there to get business done, not have a bunch of beers in a backyard picnic.

Originally Posted by greatishten

Pants all year round unless the humidity is above 95%, which is rare here in northern california. I find that it keeps the legs actually cooler, rather than having sun beat down on them. The key is finding pants that fit correctly and aren't too thick.

Shorts are for boy scouts fellas. Men wear pants. Why do the pros wear the pants? Because they're there to get business done, not have a bunch of beers in a backyard picnic.

No, the pros wear the pants because they are required to. Shorts are for the real men. I don't go to the golf course to get business done I go there to enjoy a round of golf.

I'm stunned at the number of people here who say they wear slacks in the summer.  I work as a starter and I can count the number of players in long pants on one hand most days at my home course.  Nobody I know plays in slacks during the summer.  Most start wearing shorts the first semi-warm day in March or April and continue to do so until October.

The percentages here in this thread and the percentages I see in real life on the course aren't even in the same ball park.

What do you think is the reason for the disparity?

1. International influence - golf outside the U.S. is played  in more formal setting?
  2. Higher concentration of lower handicap golfers on TST who play as the pro's do?
  3. Sense of superiority by those who wear pants to squelch those who wear shorts from coming forward?
  4. Course culture at your courses is more relaxed?

I see most golfers on muni and semi-private courses wearing shorts in the summer.  Only time I see majority in slacks is at exclusive country clubs which discourage members and their guests from wearing shorts.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

The percentages here in this thread and the percentages I see in real life on the course aren't even in the same ball park.

i 9/10 wear pants since i've got a few pairs of lightweight/breathable pants from UA, adidas and nike...i only wear shorts if i play at the 9 hole muni with my pops...i've always felt more comfortable in pants, even on hot days.

We wear shorts practically year round here. You can occasionally spot someone with pants on. Probably riding in a cart too.

You wear pants here right now, and you may get laughed at by some, but hey, to each his own.

Originally Posted by B of H

why would anyone wear pants if they don't have to?

same reason they wear hats with logos all over them. haha. sorry i had to.

Note: This thread is 3458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!