IGNORED

AimPoint Green Reading

• Administrator
I took the Aimpoint introduction class 2-3 years ago and want to take an express class.  There are no scheduled clinics near me. Can you call up an authorized instructor, meet at his club practice green and he'll teach you express in an hour?

You can. Or I can teach you too when you come out here. Might take a bit more than an hour.

Has anyone been able to join the Facebook group?I hate Facebook groups because I don't want to announce to the world everything I do or like, but I found the old forum to be really helpful. Anyway, I tried to join months ago and was never accepted. Tried to contact mark and John Graham (he's one of the admins), but still nothing.

Send me a PM with your name and Facebook home page URL. I'll see what I can do to get you on.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

NOOO!!! THE SECRET IS OUT!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
NOOO!!! THE SECRET IS OUT!!

Bit more to it than that… :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Bit more to it than that…

I'd be curious to know how much of an uptick you guys (not just in Erie, but all Aimpoint instructors) have seen of people inquiring about Aimpoint classes in the last couple of weeks.  Even though Adam Scott has been using it for several months now, and Stacy Lewis even longer, it seems like it's really been in the spotlight for a couple of weeks now.

And I'm really curious to see what kind of boost you guys all see if Adam Scott plays well enough to be in contention this weekend and NBC chooses to mention it.

• Administrator

I'd be curious to know how much of an uptick you guys (not just in Erie, but all Aimpoint instructors) have seen of people inquiring about Aimpoint classes in the last couple of weeks.  Even though Adam Scott has been using it for several months now, and Stacy Lewis even longer, it seems like it's really been in the spotlight for a couple of weeks now.

And I'm really curious to see what kind of boost you guys all see if Adam Scott plays well enough to be in contention this weekend and NBC chooses to mention it.

We've seen a bit, yeah. This might surprise you, but a lot of golfers don't watch much golf, let alone Golf Channel enough to know what they're talking about.

We've seen a bit, yeah. This might surprise you, but a lot of golfers don't watch much golf, let alone Golf Channel enough to know what they're talking about.

It doesn't surprise me.  I also think that a lot of golfers don't really want to improve as much as most of us on here.  They say they do, but their actions speak otherwise.  Or at least they don't want to improve enough to make the effort.

I saw that.  What I found more interesting was the general excitement that Frank Nobilo and even, gasp!, Chamblee have for it.  They usually poo poo new ideas, or at least Chamblee does.  I assume that if Tiger ever started using it, Chamblee would accuse him of cheating.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have to find this Malcolm Gladwell Mark Sweeny Twitter thread. Did anyone hear Gary McCord talk about it last week or the week before that? Man, math must terrorize that guy. No forget math, arithmetic.

It doesn't surprise me.  I also think that a lot of golfers don't really want to improve as much as most of us on here.  They say they do, but their actions speak otherwise.  Or at least they don't want to improve enough to make the effort.

I think some of it is they don't want to pay for it? Putt for dough, but no dough for putt. Rimshot! Ha ha!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Signed up for an X1 & X2 class for a week from Friday! [X] Excited! BTW does an Aimpoint clinic also help you with distance control?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Signed up for an X1 & X2 class for a week from Friday!

[X] Excited!

BTW does an Aimpoint clinic also help you with distance control?

In a way, yes.  Because you are focusing on putting a certain distance with respect to the slope and angle, this helped me with distance control.  I know if it is uphill and breaks a certain amount, I need to adjust my total distance to be greater than a flat putt on a straight line to the cup.  I will pick a point closer or further away on my start line and visualize a straight flat putt.

Scott

My Swing Thread

In a way, yes.  Because you are focusing on putting a certain distance with respect to the slope and angle, this helped me with distance control.  I know if it is uphill and breaks a certain amount, I need to adjust my total distance to be greater than a flat putt on a straight line to the cup.  I will pick a point closer or further away on my start line and visualize a straight flat putt.

Ok, because my putting is terrible and whereas I averaged an average of 2 putts per hole this weekend, that's usually a good putting day for me, although, when you consider I had 0 GIR, it wasn't my best.

So I'm curious if they help you overall with putting or if it's a focus solely on reading greens.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Ok, because my putting is terrible and whereas I averaged an average of 2 putts per hole this weekend, that's usually a good putting day for me, although, when you consider I had 0 GIR, it wasn't my best.

So I'm curious if they help you overall with putting or if it's a focus solely on reading greens.

It takes the green reading part out of your main focus.  You know the ball will break 18" to the left, so now all you need to worry about is the speed.  Before you worried about both.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Signed up for an X1 & X2 class for a week from Friday! [X] Excited! BTW does an Aimpoint clinic also help you with distance control?

Absolutely!! Without Aimpoint you're guessing on break amount and you're also guessing on speed. "It looks a little uphill so I'll give it a little extra." But with Aimpoint, if you've figured the speed for particular putt, then you've figured them all. You eventually get a feel based on those numbers. So I'd suggest that when you're practicing putting, even if you're just practicing hitting your lines, also make a point to know the stimp of the green you're practicing on, and the length of your putts. That said, I learned a lot more about speed control from Erik's putter acceleration thread than anything else.