IGNORED

Your Nightmare Pro Am Pro: Who Is It?

Shorty

Good call on John Daly.  Another one that comes to mind is Ben Crane.  He seems like a decent enough guy, but if he is anything close to as slow as he is often portrayed, I'd probably quit the round eventually.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Sergio Garcia.  I heard a pro-am partner in Europe tried to choke him one time.

That wasn't really necessary.   Sergio does a good enough job choking all by himself - he doesn't need the help.

Originally Posted by Clambake

That wasn't really necessary.   Sergio does a good enough job choking all by himself - he doesn't need the help.

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/news00/garcia13.html

Here's another Sergio Pro-Am moment.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Rory Sabbitini.

I'm pretty sure the other Tour Pros all hate him. Seems like an all around a-hole.

Also anyone (Ben Crane mentioned above) who is notorious for very slow play.  At some point I'd probably start heckling my own PGA pro and get kicked out. Haha.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Originally Posted by RichWW2

Rory Sabbitini.

I'm pretty sure the other Tour Pros all hate him. Seems like an all around a-hole.

Also anyone (Ben Crane mentioned above) who is notorious for very slow play.  At some point I'd probably start heckling my own PGA pro and get kicked out. Haha.

I think he's been better in recent years, but overall, I think he's generally an ******* on the course. Off the course, they've done Inside the PGA Tour segments on him and he seems like a really nice dude.

Fowler - I imagine he'd be a tad PO'd after I ask to see his hat & fixed it for him by putting a proper bend to the brim.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He's just say "Keep it" and pull another one out of the bag :)  This can go on indefinitely.

EDIT: Sorry, meant to quote the post on Ricky's hat...whoops.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/news00/garcia13.html

Here's another Sergio Pro-Am moment.

Not exactly sure how that article paints Sergio as the problem.  Sounds more like the old man just wanted to blame Garcia for his crappy play.  He's a 13 handicap, so it's not like he's got his distances dialed in like Johnny Miller.  From the rest of the article, I kind of got the impression that the old fella felt slighted being paired with a 20 year old.  Which reminds me, isn't Sergio in his thirties now?

As horrible as this sounds, I'd want to avoid the "God Squad" because I know I'd say something off color, and either:

• create an incredibly uncomfortable situation, and/or
  • spend the next four hours listening to a sermon.

I'd also want to avoid Rory Sabbatini because he really seems like a jerk.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Quote:

Probably Charles Barkley I would kill my self having to watch that swing for 18 holes but It would be an eventful and funny round

I would love to play a round with Chuck.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

Motley,

I had a completely different experience with Vijay, just a month and a 1/2 ago at the AT&T; at Pebble Beach.  I followed him during the third round for 8 holes and was able to watch him very closely. He wasn't an A-hole at all. He was great to his pro-am partner. And after he played and came out of the scorer's tent, I asked him to have my picture taken with him and he was really nice about it, even though I was totally starstruck and probably sounded like a blubbering idiot.

Overall, I left with a wonderful impression about Vijay. He has since starting using Twitter too, and it's been interesting to get a peek inside his psyche. Who would have thought that he likes American Idol?

Anyhow, I don't know if you just misinterpreted his actions, since I've heard that his sense of humour can be pretty dead-pan. I've also heard other younger players say in interviews (I particularly remember one from years ago with James Driscoll) that Vijay is extremely helpful to them and likes to pass down his knowledge.

So, I think maybe your situation was just an outlier, or you misconstrued things.

Originally Posted by Motley01

Vijay Singh is the biggest A-Hole out there!!!! I would NEVER play with that guy.

I saw him at a practice round a few years ago, at The International at Castle Pines in Denver. They were playing skins, was on the first tee talking.

We overheard them, and there was a rookie guy (don't remember who it was) playing with Vijay and Chris DeMarco.

Vijay said something like "oh this guy is a nobody, I'm not playing skins with him"

A total complete jerk. And he NEVER signs autographs, even during practice rounds.

Originally Posted by 1par2win

LOL at the comment about Gary Player. I have all the respect in the world for his accomplishments but I always though he wouldn't be someone I would get along with.

As far as contemporaries go there isn't anyone I would not play a pro-am with but John Daly might be my last pick. I admire his talent but all the non-professional antics this guy has pulled over the years in competitive rounds would be in the forefront of my mind. For all the demons he has/is fighting can be excused as part of the human condition but firing one ball after another into a lake or slapping a moving ball with your club "polo style" because he failed to clear the false front on a chip for the 4th time isn't something I have very much respect for. I would always wonder when he would just up and quit during the pro-am round.

Personally I think John Daly would be a blast to play with, but then again, if I'm paying that much cash for a round of golf I'd rather it be a somewhat unique experience. Playing with Daly would probably be very similar to playing with my usual partners, lots of drinking, cursing and the occasionally thrown club!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Man, I would be honored to play a round with Gary Player. Sure he's full of himself, but imagine the stories! Plus he seems very gregarious & friendly. It would be a five-hour history lesson, and he could just go on & on about whatever he wanted to, far as I'm concerned. I would just stand there in amazement taking it all in.

And Daly - again, I would love to play with him - he's an everyman. I couldn't picture him going Big Time on anyone.

I guess it comes down to what kind of experience you're looking for. For me, I want a guy that wants to be there & engages the amateurs - not some aloof, say-three-words prima donna that ignores you.

I have not seen in person any of these players, but would not want a player who was annoyed at doing the Pro Am. If they enjoyed it, or even just tolerated it, it would be a blast. I am not there to impress them or play my best. I would not mind playing with any of the above if they had a positive attitude about it. Has anyone on the forum been it a Pro Am? I would like to hear their experience.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Kevin Na - Incredibly slow and his fist-pumping (sure to take place in a pro-am, as he is notorious for fist-pumping 15 foot bogey putts when he's out of contention) would be too much to handle.

Any of the God Squad - Similar sentiments to the poster above....think they're great guys and respect their beliefs, but don't want to think twice about having a little visit with Jonathan Daniels or expressing my displeasure with a particular shot with an expletive.

Anyone who doesn't speak English - No thank you....

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Good call with Kevin Na, seems like a complete @$$ on TV and I heard the same thing from a rookie on tour last year.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Jason Dufner. Its great to see someoone who will play well, but watching 18 waggles would drive me nuts. And he probably wouldn't talk the entire round. He has an odd personality.

Phil Mickelson.

I wouldn't make it past 5 holes with the constant hat tipping and mini fist pumps

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by Timothyjack

Jason Dufner. Its great to see someoone who will play well, but watching 18 waggles would drive me nuts. And he probably wouldn't talk the entire round. He has an odd personality.

Oh yeah... I'd forgotten about him.  The only reason I'd want to play with him is to rub salt in the 42-14 wound that my Tide inflicted on Alabama Polytechnic last season. Otherwise, he just seems like a boorish, unpleasant guy.  Is it me, or does he always look like he's about to have - or just had - a colonoscopy?  Dude... you're getting paid to play golf!  Lighten up... crack a smile.  Something to let us know you understand that you aren't some sort of grumpy cyborg.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White