IGNORED

2012 US Open at Olympic Club Discussion Thread

k-troop
Note: This thread is 4352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It seems strange to me that they tee off at 9 rather than 10.

It's so they can start and finish a bit closer to the clubhouse.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bplewis24

After what happened last year with all of the low scores at the US Open, they should have seen it coming.  It shouldn't take any of these guys by surprise, so bring it on I say.  Yes I fully expect some completely ridiculous and unfair holes/shots, but after last year it's deserved.

So disagree with that.

So in other words, since Congressional was tore up last year, they deserve to have unfair holes this year?

You should never have a 'completely ridiculous and unfair' hole in any competition, ever. Know why? Because then it is no longer about skill. Now you're playing pinball - tee it up and hope you don't get screwed. When two identical shots result in drastically different outcomes, I'm sorry - that's not golf anymore. That's a Lotto drawing.

Originally Posted by jamo

It's so they can start and finish a bit closer to the clubhouse.

Ah, thanks.

How come nobody complains when Phil uses a cart ;)

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by jamo

Marquee group coverage now live. Tiger in the fairway, Phil in the right rough, Bubba in the left rough.

He wishes!  What a horrible way to start a round.  Likely stuck up in the cypress trees.  I can relate :)

Tiger crushed his first two drives.  Some under par scores so far, but only one coming on the #1 starting hole.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Ah, thanks. How come nobody complains when Phil uses a cart ;)

Curtis Strange explained during the live telecast that it was within the rules because of pace of play, or something.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

A lot of players said they would not be using driver much, but Tiger has used it his first two holes, and hit the fairway both times. Bad news for the field if he keeps that up.

Advantage to those hitting their driver accurately. Long course and lots of trees to block them off if they miss the fairway. I'm looking forward to this. Tiger has thrown the first two drives right down the fairway. If he can keep the driver in play, he'll be around. If anyone wants to chat, I'll be here all week long: http://thesandtrap.com/chat

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by topspin4hand

2 bogeys to start for Phil.

And he had to work for those.  One was by hitting 4 from the fairway at regular approach distance, and another was by draining a 8-10 foot putt?

Tiger seems in great control.  I just wish they started on #1, because I can't wait to see those holes.

Originally Posted by Zwick

Does anyone have a stream for the marquee groups for people outside of the USA?

Again no Shottracker for a major...This is 2012, they should go with the time

Sky Sport are showing it on their website under "Sky Sport Xtra", you need a Sky ID to be able to watch it though.

Tiger shoulda made that putt on #11 but he's hitting it really well... uh oh everyone is in trouble

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Thanks for the link brocks, did not see that. That's at least something to start with.

They also seem to be showing most of the shots on ESPN, delayed a few minutes. Live coverage on ESPN starts at 9 AM PDT.

Phil just stuck it close! Come on Phil, let's go buddy, he needs to come back with a birdie here.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

So now we get to see the toughest hole on the course allegedly (#13).

Edit: well that didn't appear too tough at all.  All 3 guys within 25 feet of the pin on the green.

Note: This thread is 4352 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!