IGNORED

TheSandTrap Golf Outing?

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would you be interested in attending an annual TheSandTrap Golf Tournament?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe - it depends on price, location and timing

Originally Posted by MrSandman

I will go, but only if I can smoke weed and listen to music on the course.

I'm in your group - but only if we can drink, wear Loudmouth pants and not yell fore when we hit into the group in front of us (okay, more likely into the group in the adjacent fairway - but whatever)

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have you read the slow play and pet peeve threads?  I think we'd all piss each other off.

That being said, I'd be interested if I didn't have to drive more than an hour or so.  I think I'm the third in the "DMV" area  to post on this thread.  (oh how I can't stand that term...).

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Im in Orange County and would definitely be in for the west coast grouping.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Not sure a real tourney would work (I'd rather not battle the whole gross/net thing with new friends) - but it wouldnt hurt if 4 or 8 got together to play a round together.

One member from here (dont see him posting anymore) played with us when travelling down here and we had a good time. (unless my loudmouths scared him away from hanging out on here)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I would love a weekend deal during winter to get away from this godforsaken tundra...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Maybe set up a regional event or something along those lines.

Some people tried to set that up a few years ago. Search "Sand Trap Open" or something like that, and it'll come up. It didn't really ever get off the ground, but by all means, go for it. If there's anyone in the Boston area...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

BeachComber is in Orange County, you and I are in the Bay Area, MVMAC is also in San Diego. I'm in for a West Coast outing. Let's meet halfway and golf Pebble

You paying?

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

I'd be down for something regional or national but winter would be better because we schedule has a lot less on it.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I agree that regional (state-wide) outings are a great idea for starters.  I would be interested in going to a California or Northern California one, but this year is probably a bad year for me to try and make one.  I just got back from Pebble Beach, and I'm going to Vegas and South Carolina later this year to golf.  I have to spend wisely the remainder of the year :)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Stargaze

Seems like we have a few Mid Atlantic guys around here.  It'd be great to get an outing going around Gettysburg or somewhere in Maryland.

A place like Greystone in Hunt Valley, MD might be a good common meeting ground.  Or some place right across the border in PA.  I'd be down for this if we could get some people together.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

I think for something like this to work, there would need to be a series of regional outings. I live about an hour from Orlando and some of the best courses around. If there was something done in the Orlando area, I'd defly be interested.

I'm in savannah GA and would defintely drive to orlando to play. Regional would be the best plan. Would be nice to have regional specific forum areas so folks in a certain area could try to get together

Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

A place like Greystone in Hunt Valley, MD might be a good common meeting ground.  Or some place right across the border in PA.  I'd be down for this if we could get some people together.

Sounds good to me.  Greystone would only be an hour drive maybe a little more, well worth it.  Are you guys ok watching me shank every other ball? lol.   Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple lessons in before this would happen ;)

Originally Posted by Stargaze

Sounds good to me.  Greystone would only be an hour drive maybe a little more, well worth it.  Are you guys ok watching me shank every other ball? lol.   Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple lessons in before this would happen ;)

I wouldn't worry about it.  It's all about having fun for me.  Now that I think of it.  Greystone would be a terrible place to play.  Owned by the county.  No beer on the premises.  Something in that area though.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

Note: This thread is 4314 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!