IGNORED

Brandel Chamblee (Again) Calls for Tiger to Ditch Sean Foley

iacas
Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm really getting sick of Brandel's tiger bashing.  Its constant.  We get it.  Move on.

• Upvote 1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im really getting tired of this guy. He dosen't have the credentials to bash Tiger's game, especially with 3 wins so far this year. We get it, you have something against Tiger. Now it just comes off as attention seeking. And he's a grown up named Brandel...........Brandel? WTH?

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by dsc123

I'm really getting sick of Brandel's tiger bashing.  Its constant.  We get it.  Move on.

No.  It cannot stop.  Brandel is the only one on the entire planet who understands what is going on with Tiger, including Tiger.  Sean Foley is just trying to get big, make a name for himself, and doesn't really love the challenge of teaching Tiger Woods.  Quite unlike Brandel, who isn't just trying to get big and make a name for himself, and is only doing what he does solely for the edification of the golfing world, bringing an enlightenment to many that is as pure as the undriven snow.  Guys like him are the reason I have never and will never in my life ever pay for cable or satellite television, period.

• Upvote 1

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by walk18

Chamblee doesn't have the credentials to bash Tiger or his coach. What has he done in his career?? At least when Nick Faldo says stuff, whom I also dislike and disagree with btw, at least that guy had a stellar career.

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Im really getting tired of this guy. He dosen't have the credentials to bash Tiger's game, ...

Not to defend Mr. Chamblee, because he does come across as a know-it-all tool to me, but I hate these types of arguments against commentators.  Why does he have to have had a really good career as a player to be a good analyst?  The fact that he was a player at all gives him, I feel, the credentials because he knows what its like on tour, what its like to play in a major, etc., etc.

With that logic, one could argue that Sean Foley could not possibly be a good teacher to Tiger because he doesn't have to credentials (more than 14 majors) to teach Tiger something he doesn't already know.  Of course, then that would validate Chamblee's argument.  oops.

Im one of Tiger's biggest fans so in my eyes no one should ever bash King Tiger LOL! I see what you're saying and you make valid points. To me it's the fact that Chamblee comes off as such a know it all jerk. I literally watched him on golf channel say "I know what Tiger needs to do to fix his game." That struck me as odd coming from a guy with 1 PGA Tour win and his best finish in a major was T-18 at the Masters. Seems like he's competing with Alex Miceli to be to Tiger what Skip Bayless has become to LeBron James.

I guess the whole Foley thing comes down to those who cant do teach? I know thats weak but thats all I got LOL.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I hold guys like Chamblee to higher standards than I do hacks like Miceli.  Chamblee knows what it takes to be a Tour Pro and the relationship that exists between a pro and his coach so I expect he'd show a bit more empathy before making baseless comments about other pro's.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Not to defend Mr. Chamblee, because he does come across as a know-it-all tool to me, but I hate these types of arguments against commentators.  Why does he have to have had a really good career as a player to be a good analyst?  The fact that he was a player at all gives him, I feel, the credentials because he knows what its like on tour, what its like to play in a major, etc., etc.

With that logic, one could argue that Sean Foley could not possibly be a good teacher to Tiger because he doesn't have to credentials (more than 14 majors) to teach Tiger something he doesn't already know.  Of course, then that would validate Chamblee's argument.  oops.

Joe Paradiso

Brandel Chamblee is a douchbag. He's pissed because he sucked when he was on tour, and now feels he needs to vent his frustrations. Why else?

Nobody likes him anymore, TGC needs to dump his a$$ like they did with Erik Kuselias.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

• Administrator
Originally Posted by nevets88

Chamblee calls it deplane?

D Plane or D-Plane?

Deplane is when I get back from this thing with wings and jet engines.

The writer probably wrote it up that way. I don't think we can put that one on BC.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

To me it's the fact that Chamblee comes off as such a know it all jerk. I literally watched him on golf channel say "I know what Tiger needs to do to fix his game." That struck me as odd coming from a guy with 1 PGA Tour win and his best finish in a major was T-18 at the Masters. Seems like he's competing with Alex Miceli to be to Tiger what Skip Bayless has become to LeBron James.

Yes, and I totally agree that he comes off as a know-it-all jerk ... even in the way he sits in the chair, and the way he looks at the camera.

But the argument against guys like him (Skip Bayless is another good example) are that they don't know as much as the think they know ... but it has nothing to do with whether or not they were good at the sport (or for that matter, played it at all).

This reminds me of an old, funny SNL skit with Dana Carvey as George F. Will hosting a baseball themed game show and acting like Alex Trebek (you know, as if the answers to all the questions the contestants get wrong are common knowledge and he knows them all - not because he has the answers on his card) and, among others, Phil Hartman playing Pete Rose as one of the contestants.  Eventually, all of the contestants get fed up with Will's attitude and shame him into trying to actually throw a baseball, which he finally does, but he can only get the ball to travel about 3 feet in the air.  I believe he ends up crying and running off stage, but I don't totally recall.

Point being, that just because somebody can't physically do something, it doesn't mean they don't understand it.

Chamblee is a very intelligent guy & he definitely knows the game's history, and based on being a former tour pro, can play. So that automatically puts him on better footing than Miceli or Bayless.

Where I think his Achilles heel is, is that he's too smart for his own good, and tries desperately to let everyone know just how smart he is. For example, if there's talk about, let's say, former U.S. Opens, he'll come off with something like 'This reminds me of the 6-iron Scott Simpson hit into 17 in the third round in 1987 at Olympic, which we all know, he flew the green', or something of the like. He comes off smug.

And with this latest Tiger criticism, he has totally strayed off facts, which are his strength, and has gone deep-end. I mean, how can you say he should ditch Foley when Tiger's 2012 year speaks for itself...most wins on the tour so far.

Chamblee needs to stick to being smug with knowing facts. At least that's less annoying.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I hold guys like Chamblee to higher standards than I do hacks like Miceli.  Chamblee knows what it takes to be a Tour Pro and the relationship that exists between a pro and his coach so I expect he'd show a bit more empathy before making baseless comments about other pro's.

OK, fair point.  A guy like Miceli has no clue what its like, and simply because Chamblee does (or should), then he should know better.  Which brings us to ...

Originally Posted by Motley01

He's pissed because he sucked when he was on tour, and now feels he needs to vent his frustrations.

Those accusations are as baseless as his regarding Tiger (since you really don't know what he's thinking) ... however, I will agree that is a good way to describe how he comes across.

Quote:
Didn't Hogan make changes to his swing to get better, with the goal being to swing more efficiently?  -mvmac

Hogan also made changes because of his injuries.  Tiger is doing the same.  The swing he had before put tremendous stress on his knee.  So he wanted to change to a swing that reduced that stress.  He has stated this publicly.  Foley teaches this type of swing.

I've noticed personally that the changes my Evolvr instructors have helped me with have reduced my knee issues (flared left foot, hip slide, knee bend etc.) and put much less stress on it.

BC is too much of a donkey to understand this.  He likes to hear himself talk.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Anyway, what are your thoughts, specifically on Sean Foley and Tiger?

Tiger: Playing great. #1 Money List, Fed Ex Cup points, and scoring average. He's never driven the ball this well #5 Total Driving. He appears in much more control of his sweet spot path and clubface with all clubs. Short game and putting should improve with work. SF: Woods, Rose, and Mahan are all in the world top ten. Sean Foley has been dealt three aces, so it doesn't make him a good poker player. I've only seen him on youtube and TGC. Communication skills 3/10. Golf swing knowledge 7/10 I suspect he's excellent at delegating/outsourcing but owning to 95%. BC: good golfer

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by uttexas

Tiger: Playing great. #1 Money List, Fed Ex Cup points, and scoring average. He's never driven the ball this well #5 Total Driving. He appears in much more control of his sweet spot path and clubface with all clubs. Short game and putting should improve with work.

Yeah... but he's not doing it with F L A I R .

Chamblee reminds me of soccer fans whose side is winning, but they aren't doing it beautifully... so they complain.

• Upvote 1

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

The one thing I like about Brandel is that he doesn't shift like the wind. He is one of the few that started by saying that Tiger shouldn't tinker too much with the best swing in history and he has stuck by it when others jumped quickly after his first signs of recovery. He is not afraid to go against the grain and give his opinion regardless of the criticism that he will face. You have to admit, he has a very low flip-flop factor when it has come to this topic.

If anyone gets a bad rap it's Foley. The guy is the hottest instructor out there with recent winners Hunter, Justin, and Tiger. These guys have a judgement criteria for an instructor and that's their bank account. We judge him based on the Ws. If the guy didn't have a clue, he wouldn't have the best of all time asking for his help.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

The one thing I like about Brandel is that he doesn't shift like the wind. He is one of the few that started by saying that Tiger shouldn't tinker too much with the best swing in history and he has stuck by it when others jumped quickly after his first signs of recovery. He is not afraid to go against the grain and give his opinion regardless of the criticism that he will face. You have to admit, he has a very low flip-flop factor when it has come to this topic.

Tiger shouldn't tinker? Oh so he should have stayed with "Hackin" Haney swing that would have ultimately made his left leg unusable by age 40.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

The one thing I like about Brandel is that he doesn't shift like the wind. He is one of the few that started by saying that Tiger shouldn't tinker too much with the best swing in history and he has stuck by it when others jumped quickly after his first signs of recovery.

I would hardly call Tiger's swing under Haney "the best in history", he hit it much better under Harmon.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

It's pretty telling to compare how agressive Chamblee is with his Tiger/Foley criticisms versus how forgiving he is with other golfers when they "struggle".  I use the term "struggle" loosely because he's really just being human.  No one has or ever will live up the ridiculous standard set for himself from 97-08.

You never hear Brandel advise Mickelson to drop Harmon, do you?  For some reason he tends to think that he knows more about Tiger's swing then even Tiger knows and he is somehow the authority on who Tiger should employ to "fix" his swing.  Any way you look at it his opinion gets more and more ridiculous.  The more he's proven wrong every time Tiger wins the more he doubles down.

nike.gif  VR-S Covert 10.5*

nike.gif  SQ2 15*

Idea Black Hybrid, 19*

mizuno.gif  MP54, 4-PW

vokey.gif SM 50*, 54*, 58*

nike.gif  Method 001

nike.gif  RZN One

Note: This thread is 3662 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!