IGNORED

what is your go to shot from 100 yards in the fairway?

onthehunt526
Note: This thread is 2894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I gotta go with a full 58* club. Perfect full shot ydg for that club in my arsenal.

• Upvote 1

WITB:

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #3 Hybrid

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #4 Hybrid

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Cally Jaws X Series Wedges 50,54,58*

Ping I Series Putter 34"

Taylormade Penta Ball and TP Black LDP

Rain Gear and a bunch of other crap

After posting here, I went out the next day and faced this shot on the first hole. Had a steady breeze in my face so tried for the knock down PW and hit it over. I wouldn't of won a bet with that shot!

3/4 swing 9 iron laying up to roll onto the green. Sometimes a half 8. I can't make a perfect full swing with my PW like the single digit handicappers.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It depends on the conditions and the individual hole. Soft or hard green? What is the pin position? Where is the trouble? Is it windy or calm? Where do I want to be putting from? Is a high shot with spin appropriate or a lower shot that runs appropriate? Soft green with calm wind and level green around the cup I will hit a full 52 degree wedge. Windy with the pin back on a hard green and a green sloping forward I would hit more of 3/4 pw and let it run up to leave it below the hole. Of course I can't always hit it to the place where I want to be putting from, but it usually doesn't hurt to try!

Yesterday I had 3 situations 100 - 105 to the pin but straight into the wind so I opted for a choked up 3/4 PW instead of a SW - worked great each time..

dak4n6

Originally Posted by John S

It depends on the conditions and the individual hole. Soft or hard green? What is the pin position? Where is the trouble? Is it windy or calm? Where do I want to be putting from? Is a high shot with spin appropriate or a lower shot that runs appropriate? Soft green with calm wind and level green around the cup I will hit a full 52 degree wedge. Windy with the pin back on a hard green and a green sloping forward I would hit more of 3/4 pw and let it run up to leave it below the hole. Of course I can't always hit it to the place where I want to be putting from, but it usually doesn't hurt to try!

it always "depends", so you have to assume....

do you have a club/swing combo that carries about 100 yards with little roll or backspin - I think your 'full 52 wedge' met the intent

(no wind day, level shot, good lie or tee, not under a tree or on the moon, nothing extreme about the green, etc etc ets)

Bill - 

I faced it yesterday on my second hole. Had to lay up after a lousy drive.Choked down wedge, low dart, right at the hole to four feet for par. Pissed 'em all off.

Bill M

Depends how I feel on the day. In the main I'd probably hit a solid 52deg wedge slightly back in my stance but on occasion I might see the shot as a lower 3/4 punched PW (48deg).

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Pitching wedge for me , smooth 3/4 swing

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

Originally Posted by phan52

Choked down wedge, low dart, right at the hole to four feet for par. Pissed 'em all off.

Great recovery.

You should play with grown ups.  12 year olds are really petty.

Bill - 

52* for me...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Update: it was actually nice enough to play today... My eighth hole I hit 4w off the tee had exactly 100 to the middle (pin middle left) so really about 102... hit my little chippy PW... And holed it out for a 2... Easiest $5 I ever made

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Note: This thread is 2894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!