IGNORED

New Pics Added! TaylorMade's 2013 line: R1 Driver, RocketBallz Stage 2 Driver, Fairway and Tour Rescue

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Now the swoosh on the Covert dosen't look so bad.

Couldn't agree more. The crown looks like the sole of the new Cobra driver...

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by notsohard

haha...this guy had it up 2 weeks ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDnVt_dp5g8

Yeah good chance he got something from the legal team at TMAG. TaylorMade has been increasingly aggressive over the last couple of years about going after sites that publish pre-embargo photos, and doing what they can to "punish" those responsible for leaking the photos.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think it looks terrible to be honest, quite disapointing.  It will be interesting though to see how it performs compared to other drivers such as the 910/913 and Anser drivers.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Probably not surprising that I'm hearing the adjective "beastly" when it comes to this driver.

It seems with Taylormade, it's all about length.

With Titleist, it's about control with distance.

Maybe it's the stock shafts - Titleist has 4-5 very good quality shafts at your choosing. TM? Not so much...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I am in the market for a new driver in 2013, but after seeing this one from TM all I can say is this one will not be on my demo list next year. I have seen some really ugly offerings lately from not only OEM's but component manufacturers and I believe this one tops the UGLY cake. Blow out the candles and say good night.

Alright, I got my magnifying glass out, but I still can't see Kirk and Spock

Callaway Razr X Black driver 9.5* Callaway x hot pro 3 deep stiff Callaway x hot pro 16, 18, 20 hybrids Callaway diablo forged 5-GW Callaway jaws vintage 54, 58 wedges me grooves Odyssey metal x milled # 7. 35" Callaway org 14 bag Taylormade TP3 ball Callaway tour golve :-)

I just hate the fact that there will only be one true loft... I play a 7.5* Titles 910 D3 set to 6.75*, but the rep brought the R1 by yesterday and the true loft is 10... I repeat, they will only make a 10*as the actual loft... What the heck!!!

Wow, that club is hard to look at - weird or what. Wonder how TM will top that!!

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

guys its all about the shaft we use in our driver..if you want the best driver get the best shaft...new drivers are now just attractions and the manufacturers are proving it by designing them in such ways..instead of spending  400 dollars on a club which will be half the price a year later, we should buy a high end quality shaft

Didn't like the white when it first came out, don't like the nascar ugly scheme there. Give me the black driver head. Honestly i more golf clubs need to go ping black, that is just a great looking club with the Matte finish

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Tower7

I just hate the fact that there will only be one true loft... I play a 7.5* Titles 910 D3 set to 6.75*, but the rep brought the R1 by yesterday and the true loft is 10... I repeat, they will only make a 10*as the actual loft... What the heck!!!

The hosel adjusts the "true loft."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

People love to bag on Cobra clubs ... this driver is way gaudier than anything I've seen from Cobra.     I think TM finally went 'round the bend with this one ... they might not recover.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 4129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!