IGNORED

2013 Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Snedeker finished like 2+ hours ago didn't he?  He could have taken a nap, did some surfing and then ate lunch.

Maybe he is looking for drift wood on the beach?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I wonder if Tiger will be pissed about pace of play

lol...

does the Pope shit in the woods?  is a bear catholic?

Colin P.

ive thrown this out there on this site before but i would LOVE to see a grouping (in this case Tigers) ask to play thru.  that would be awesome.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

ive thrown this out there on this site before but i would LOVE to see a grouping (in this case Tigers) ask to play thru.  that would be awesome.

LOL... This could be like the other thread on TST - where people just start hitting bombs into the group ahead of them.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

LOL... This could be like the other thread on TST - where people just start hitting bombs into the group ahead of them.

I'd like to see one of them pick up on a hole and quit.

Seriously, it looks like everybody just wants to get off the course...including Tiger. 2008 Torrey Pines on Monday, this is not.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Slow play aside, I don't think I will ever understand why a player like Tiger, with the incredible talent he has, seems to be unable to find a way to hit a driver. If his driver was even close to the average player's driver, he'd be double digits ahead of the field.  Even on 17 when he played what appeared to be a popped up 3 wood, it was still his incredibly poor driving that caused that club selection in the first place.  He's still going to win by at least 3 or 4 strokes but, I think that he will still see it as a failure.

He has to know that he can't keep winning, especially in majors, unless he gets something figured out with his tee shots.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Tiger might struggle if the group is directly ahead of him - the way he's driving it :)

• Upvote 2

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

unbearable to watch...waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting. The USGA and PGA need to stop worrying about long putters and fix the pace of play.  This only furthers issues with amateur golfers.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by Fourputt

He has to know that he can't keep winning, especially in majors, unless he gets something figured out with his tee shots.

He still has the stinger.  This course is really long so maybe he decided not to go to it as often.  But I don't get why the announcers were suggesting he doesn't have a go-to shot.  He does, it's just not with his driver.  And he's had good success with it in majors.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Congrats to Tiger on another win at Torrey Pines. It's gonna be a fun PGA Tour season! And I can't complain about having four OSU guys in the top 15. :-) CH3 inside the top 10 for the third consecutive event to start 2013.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Oh, and regarding the actual tournament ... I said last year during the Tiger V. Rory poll that Tiger would win 5 times this year, (among other things ... http://thesandtrap.com/t/62054/bet-on-2013-tiger-vs-rory/0_30#post_768076) so why not start this week?

Ch-ching!  One down, 4 more (and a few other things) to go!

(If you win a new driver for correctly picking the winner and winning score in the majors, then what do I get for this prediction?)

A broken tee, perhaps??

So that was about 3:40 to play 11 holes. The PGA Tour doesn't seem to think there's a problem with that. Okaaaaaayyyyyyy..... Thanks for the leading the way on that one, guys.

• Upvote 1

Constantine

Note: This thread is 4107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!