IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, iacas said:

We haven't met doped out Nate. Ooooh, interesting… I hope you do.

And, at least it's your left hand…

:-D

2 minutes ago, mchepp said:

Good luck Nate. Hope all goes well.

Thank you!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Surgery went well.  It sounds like the TFCC problem did not really need to be fixed, but he was able to fix the ECU tendon sub-sheath.   I am not 100% sure though because the doc spoke with my wife after the surgery and she had no clue what he was saying really. :-) The pain is pretty good today, but mainly because I am not taking the heavy stuff that was prescribed to me.  They said it would be okay for me to manage with just ibuprofen if I wanted.  Anyway, that is if for now, because typing with one hand is pretty annoying.

Here is a picture of the monster cast they put on me.   :-D

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

4 minutes ago, cipher said:

Surgery went well.  It sounds like the TFCC problem did not really need to be fixed, but he was able to fix the ECU tendon sub-sheath.   I am not 100% sure though because the doc spoke with my wife after the surgery and she had no clue what he was saying really. :-) The pain is pretty good today, but mainly because I am not taking the heavy stuff that was prescribed to me.  They said it would be okay for me to manage with just ibuprofen if I wanted.  Anyway, that is if for now, because typing with one hand is pretty annoying.

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

You need to start coming up with different stories as to why you have the cast. Be creative!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

50 minutes ago, cipher said:

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Hope you get back to 100% soon.

I would be interested to know about what you mean the TFCC problem didn't need to be fixed.. (I don't know what it is), but I'm more interested in what happened.. Was it something the doctor told you he had to fix and then found out once he got in that he was wrong ect..  Anyway, keep the heavy typing for when you get better!  I'm glad it all went well.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

You need to start coming up with different stories as to why you have the cast. Be creative!

"You should see the other guy."

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

3 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Hope you get back to 100% soon.

I would be interested to know about what you mean the TFCC problem didn't need to be fixed.. (I don't know what it is), but I'm more interested in what happened.. Was it something the doctor told you he had to fix and then found out once he got in that he was wrong ect..  Anyway, keep the heavy typing for when you get better!  I'm glad it all went well.

Dr. just called me.  He did actually have to do a slight repair on the TFCC.  My wife was mistaken on that.  He was just explaining to her that it was not as bad as he feared.  Basically the ECU and TFCC are close together, but I believe he still had to access them separately.  

Here is a source on TFCC injuries:

Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex (TFCC) Tear - Wrist ...

The ECU tendon injury was what we knew for sure needed repair.  When he opened it up he could see a lot of irritation.  There was a word he used for it, but I can't recall the name.  The tendon itself actually had a bit of a tear in it, which he removed.  The sub-sheath that covers it actually was not torn, but just stretched out and he was able to re-use it and repair that.  This is good as a full tear would have meant that he would have needed to rebuild it from something else.

All in all this is some pretty good news as far as the surgery goes, even though he had to fix two things.  He did not have to deepen there groove in the ulnar bone where the ECU sits so that is a plus. 

Nate

Good to hear the surgery went well, @cipher! Hopefully you recover/rehab well and you'll be back on the course this year.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

21 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Wow, that's a cast. You are going to have a STRONG shoulder in a few weeks.

Yeah the bad part is the shoulder was kind of messed up during the surgery with how they must have had to stretch my arm out, so lugging this giant cast around has not been too fun.

33 minutes ago, billchao said:

Good to hear the surgery went well, @cipher! Hopefully you recover/rehab well and you'll be back on the course this year.

Thank you.  I sure hope that will be the case. 

Nate

On February 3, 2016 at 2:06 PM, cipher said:

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

Great to hear that it's all over but for the healin'

Feel free to pass the "heavy stuff" forward. 

:whistle:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

How long till the cast comes off?

Craig

51 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Great to hear that it's all over but for the healin'

Feel free to pass the "heavy stuff" forward. 

:whistle:

HA!  

42 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

How long till the cast comes off?

I get this one off on the 15th and then I will get a more "reasonable" one that I will have until early March.  After that I have 2 months of PT.

Nate

48 minutes ago, cipher said:

HA!  

I get this one off on the 15th and then I will get a more "reasonable" one that I will have until early March.  After that I have 2 months of PT.

But that isn't going to stop me from getting excited every time I see that @cipher posted in @cipher's swing thread. "Sweet!  He's already back at it!!!"  "Oh. :8)"

:beer:

4 hours ago, cipher said:

Good to hear.

Craig

14 hours ago, cipher said:

HA!  

Sounds like the healing is going quick. The PT should help speed things along too. Best wishes for a quick recover and hope you get back to swinging the clubs real soon.

Dave

16 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

But that isn't going to stop me from getting excited every time I see that @cipher posted in @cipher's swing thread. "Sweet!  He's already back at it!!!"  "Oh. :8)"

:beer:

I know what you mean Drew, thank you.

13 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

Good to hear.

Yeah I cant wait to rid myself of this huge thing.

2 hours ago, Dave325 said:

Sounds like the healing is going quick. The PT should help speed things along too. Best wishes for a quick recover and hope you get back to swinging the clubs real soon.

Thank you very much.

Nate

While you have that on, you should just go up to people who are busy with something and say, "Can I lend you a hand?". Steady goes the recovery.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

While you have that on, you should just go up to people who are busy with something and say, "Can I lend you a hand?". Steady goes the recovery.

Haha, thanks Steve.

Nate

Note: This thread is 905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!