IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher

Yeah I think the Chicago area would be a great spot for one of these as well.  It would be interesting to see how many people would be able to come.

I'm all for going new places and playing new courses. I would probably try to take a few extra days off of work to make it even more worth the trip out there.

Let me know!

We should start a thread. But where?

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let me know!

You still thinking about possibly playing Erin Hills with @Jakester23 , @cedrictheo and I as well?

We should start a thread. But where?

Not sure, I would be happy to help plan and organize a Chicago area outing if there was enough interest.  Maybe @cedrictheo would know of a good course to play because I have not really played any down there.

The timing could be tricky, not sure when it would be best to do it.  With playing Erin next year, the Erie outing, and Newport cup next year things could be on overload.  Financially and logistically, I will personally have to pick between the Newport cup and the Erie outing and I will probably go with the Newport cup for the amount of golf that will be played with that.

Nate

:tmade:(10.5) :pxg:(4W/7W) MIURA(3-PW) :mizuno:(50/54/60) 

You still thinking about possibly playing Erin Hills with @Jakester23, @cedrictheo and I as well?

Not sure, I would be happy to help plan and organize a Chicago area outing if there was enough interest.  Maybe @cedrictheo would know of a good course to play because I have not really played any down there.

The timing could be tricky, not sure when it would be best to do it.  With playing Erin next year, the Erie outing, and Newport cup next year things could be on overload.  Financially and logistically, I will personally have to pick between the Newport cup and the Erie outing and I will probably go with the Newport cup for the amount of golf that will be played with that.

It sounds like you have 3 Ohioians interested in coming up. I think @14ledo81 lives up there somewhere.

- Shane

You still thinking about possibly playing Erin Hills with @Jakester23, @cedrictheo and I as well?

Absolutely! Just keep me informed. I'll start saving up for it!

I think I can pull all of them. Mostly for me it would be getting enough time off. The Erin would work over a weekend so that wouldn't bother me much. I agree, I would pick the trip to So CAL!!! We have to invade @mvmac 's territory lay the smack down!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Absolutely! Just keep me informed. I'll start saving up for it!

I think I can pull all of them. Mostly for me it would be getting enough time off. The Erin would work over a weekend so that wouldn't bother me much. I agree, I would pick the trip to So CAL!!! We have to invade @mvmac's territory lay the smack down!

Sounds good.  I'll start a separate thread at some point for the Erin hills thing.  Maybe we can get a couple groups out there, who knows.  If you wanted we could possibly play my home club Watertown Country Club that weekend as well.  The two courses are fairly close to one another.

If I am going to lay any smack down out there for the Newport I had better learn how to hit a driver, otherwise @Golfingdad will take me to school. :-D

Nate

If I am going to lay any smack down out there for the Newport I had better learn how to hit a driver, otherwise @Golfingdad will take me to school.  :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

LOL, any way we can change that to Barney takes Nate to school? ;-)

Nate

LOL, any way we can change that to Barney takes Nate to school?  ;-)

:w00t:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

You're assuming I will be able to hit a driver straight.  That's still a risky proposition.  But we've both got a year to figure it out ... it can be done!

Speaking of awesome golf trips, I had to just say no to a trip to Bandon in March with my brother.  3 days, 3 nights, 5 rounds of golf.  I sure hope his club is doing the same trip in 2016!!

P.S.  In the video of your putting playoff, it looked like our fearless leader, AKA the guy who gave me the Barney nickname after seeing me in a purple shirt once, was wearing a purple shirt.  Or was it pink?  Anybody think to give him a nickname? :-P

You're assuming I will be able to hit a driver straight.  That's still a risky proposition.  But we've both got a year to figure it out ... it can be done!

You know hole the famous 16th at WW.  I took out driver, I missed the fairway...the 15th fairway...to the right... :beer:

Speaking of awesome golf trips, I had to just say no to a trip to Bandon in March with my brother.  3 days, 3 nights, 5 rounds of golf.  I sure hope his club is doing the same trip in 2016!!

I have wanted to go there for a long time...one day.  Hope you get to do it next year.

P.S.  In the video of your putting playoff, it looked like our fearless leader, AKA the guy who gave me the Barney nickname after seeing me in a purple shirt once, was wearing a purple shirt.  Or was it pink?  Anybody think to give him a nickname?

Oh snap!

Nate

Sounds good.  I'll start a separate thread at some point for the Erin hills thing.  Maybe we can get a couple groups out there, who knows.  If you wanted we could possibly play my home club Watertown Country Club that weekend as well.  The two courses are fairly close to one another.  If I am going to lay any smack down out there for the Newport I had better learn how to hit a driver, otherwise @Golfingdad will take me to school.  :-D

If it's Newport beach, I'll meet you there! It was great playing the round with you, Matt and Shane.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

If it's Newport beach, I'll meet you there! It was great playing the round with you, Matt and Shane.

Not sure where it will be, but it will be an event in SoCal I believe.  We are talking about the Newport Cup though.  Sorry I abbreviated it in that last post.

Nate

@cbrian I will probably send in one or two more evolvr uploads just to make sure I am staying on the right track and then I will spend the later part of fall and the winter refining this.

Results have been very solid hitting higher little fades with everything.  Driver has been huge pushes but I should be able to improve that as I continue to work on it.

• Hands lower with better posture in set-up
  • "Feeling" no wrist movement in backswing.
  • Hips rotate without sway.
  • Hands high instead of in.

Nate

@cbrian I will probably send in one or two more evolvr uploads just to make sure I am staying on the right track and then I will spend the later part of fall and the winter refining this.

Results have been very solid hitting higher little fades with everything.  Driver has been huge pushes but I should be able to improve that as I continue to work on it.

Hands lower with better posture in set-up

"Feeling" no wrist movement in backswing.

Hips rotate without sway.

Hands high instead of in.

We need to get you some new outfits. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

We need to get you some new outfits.

Yeah, I only have like 4 total golf shirt and pant combinations.  I'll get the wife to work on that, or I will just continue to live in apathy... ;-)

Nate

The swings on the right look real good. Are you getting a fade still?

Yes I was hitting draws when I wanted on the range today as well, but I am trying to stay with the fade for now as the go to shot.

I just wanted to see where I was at with a full swing on the range today with this video before heading out on my trip.  I will do a bunch of alignment stick drill work when I get back next week.

This looks like a very different golfer, in some ways.  It is a little tough not to over-swing with this feel and at the moment and my exit is a little ugly(it always is though), but the results are starting to show.  Also, I think the face still gets too shut to start(I need to kinda do the opposite of what you need to do Jake), so I will really need to focus on that in my 2 part backswing drill work later next week.  Stupid monkey time next week.

Nate