IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Up to 7.4...my best round ever fell off. That round was a fluke, so it was skewing my numbers anyways. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

So most of my pre-injury rounds have fallen off the GHIN board and I am into the meat of post-injury scores since late May. GHIN says 16.1. Have broken 90 only thrice in 14 outings with a best of 86 on 5,800 yard course with some of the widest fairways you will ever see. ha. 

On the bright side, two of the upper 80s rounds came in the last four so the freefall might be ending here soon.. 😄

• Like 2

Vishal S.

On 9/9/2020 at 6:10 PM, woodzie264 said:

Up to 7.4...my best round ever fell off. That round was a fluke, so it was skewing my numbers anyways. 

Up to 7.8; while I feel like I’m playing well lately, the numbers don’t lie, heading in the wrong direction.  🙄

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

The 80 I shot a few months ago has been knocked off my card, and my handicap currently sits at 16.3. However, my round from today (score post in a little bit) knocked the next-lowest round, 83, off as well, so it will probably skyrocket when I get my update tomorrow. Stay tuned.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 9/9/2020 at 6:10 PM, woodzie264 said:

Still heading in wrong direction; not only have my better rounds fallen off, but my putting woes continue to plague me.  

Up to 8.3 officially, but many of my recent rounds have been played closer to 12-15 differentials. Yesterday I shot an adjusted stroke score of 91 (diff of 15.8) with 5 three-putts and a four-putt.
Reminds me of why I like scramble formats: no three-putts.

Edited by woodzie264

-Jonny

Dropped to 14.2 at the last revision, which is the lowest I've been. But my personal best round of 80 is going to drop when I post my next score, so I suspect my index will jump back up at the next update.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Holding steady between 13 - 14.  This year, I dipped below 13 (12,2!) for the 1st time due to two exceptionally good rounds in short period.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

• 3 weeks later...

After breaking par for the first time with a 67, my handicap is down to a new low, 2.8

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 1 month later...

Just curious, If anyone here is using thegrint to keep their handicaps?

logo-thegrint-meta.jpg

TheGrint is the fastest growing app in Golf. Let’s you get a valid handicap, track your score and Pro like stats, use a best in class GPS rangefinder, Scorecard Photo Service and much more

I haven't tried it but it seems like a good idea to me.

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

5 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

logo-thegrint-meta.jpg

TheGrint is the fastest growing app in Golf. Let’s you get a valid handicap, track your score and Pro like stats, use a best in class GPS rangefinder, Scorecard Photo Service and much more

So I let my official handicap expire at the end of 2019 because I just wasn’t playing that much at all.  Started playing again this summer and I was recommended that website and it worked well enough.  Coincidentally, I just renewed my old official handicap within the hour and then added all of the scores I was saving on grint.  For the isolated 8-10 rounds I had on there I was a 4.1, but when i added them to my old rounds (where I had been a 6.7) I’m now at a 5.5.

I never used them, but if you enter your scores hole by hole on that website I think it’s for some fun stats it will share for you.

On 1/28/2021 at 2:08 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

logo-thegrint-meta.jpg

I have for three years.   I like the data that they provide.   They are quick to fix problems with courses but they still have issues when calculating handicaps for 9 holes.    Last year I played 9 holes at a local course where the front nine had a higher rating and slope than the back nine.   TheGrint averaged the two nines instead of using the front 9 that I played.   I questioned them on the error and they said that's a problem they have been working with and will continue to do so.    

I have a paid membership and was grandfathered in at a lower price.  

Edited by dennyjones
spelling

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 1154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!